Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network Discuss Cartoon Network Shows

Old 05-19-2016   #21
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Default Re: Powerpuff Girls Reboot

The unicorn episode was the first one I saw and halfway through, once the Professor started going on about, "ooh, I must warn you, this is an irreversible procedure", I started thinking, "is this supposed to be some kind of trans metaphor...?" but hoped I was wrong because of how badly they botched the second half.

Then I looked it up and it really was supposed to be. Yeah, they dropped the ball hard.

The VA for Bubbles sounds like she's having fun at least.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016   #22
Blair

Not that IMDb is any sort of true representation of quality and enjoyment since people can vote without ever watching a single episode, but...

... right now the show holds a 4.0/10 rating from 600 votes. (82 "10/10", 211 "1/10", and the rest are roughly evenly spread though leaning a little heavier on the negative side.

I watched the first episode and I find myself actually insulted as a fan of the original series that they used nearly the same art style (but with thinner outlines) yet did not bring back the original voice cast, instead having the new cast mimic the old as closely as possible. "Let's revive PPG in every way, slightly updated, except for the voice cast."
Old 05-19-2016   #23
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

The voice cast is the least of the show's problems really. The lead VAs are pretty good in their parts.
Old 05-20-2016   #24
Autovolt

It's incredible to see a show fail so hard and suck so much in such a short time.
Autovolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2016   #25
Troodon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
It's incredible to see a show fail so hard and suck so much in such a short time.
So I'm the only one defending it then?! Fair enough I suppose.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016   #26
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

I get a good chuckle out of the fact that the majority of the complaints have nothing to do with the end-of-days recasting that most people had their knickers in a knot about.
BTVA: A fansite where 8-10 people, in their spare time, try to catalogue 75+ years of the voiceover industry and, in return, occassionally get noses thumbed at them for not being 100% complete. We do our best.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016   #27
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
I get a good chuckle out of the fact that the majority of the complaints have nothing to do with the end-of-days recasting that most people had their knickers in a knot about.
Ha, exactly. Like I said, it's really funny how things turn out. Before the show premiered, it was the end of the world and the single cause for why the series would be terrible.

Now, it's like the one thing no one's complaining about.
Old 05-24-2016   #28
Bry

I don't really care about the replacement VAs, as much as everything else is lukewarm and 'safe'.

Like, if you see this show as it's own thing, it's just its own thing that is mediocre at best, with some pretty crap animation/editing. Frankly, they made a terrible mistake making this show off a series that was established in 1998 (near 20 years ago, holy f**k!), instead of making their own show without anything to compare it to. The only reason why they made it a reboot of a pre-established show instead of its own show? Eeeeh, I'll let Parappa explain that only reason.

And now? The show is compared to the older show, and it's been torn apart hard by people. It could've been avoided if it was a brand new IP altogether..

All in all, I agree with CatTuxedo. The humor, timing, writing, personality.. it feels so wrong.
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2016   #29
Blair

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Well, maybe it is like that adage about pain: the fastest way to forget that you have a headache is to chop off a finger.
Old 05-29-2016   #30
NCZ
Not The Only Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
Well, maybe it is like that adage about pain: the fastest way to forget that you have a headache is to chop off a finger.
The new VAs are fine though. Aside from them not being that bad in the parts, having the old ones wouldn't have changed the fact that everything else is... what it is.