Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 03-25-2015   #411
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: Another VA On The Scene!

Welcome aboard, Melanie!
Old 03-30-2015   #412
A-Log

Default Greetings!

Greetings, my fellow members of the weirdness! A-Log is here on BTVA, and I'm hoping to have a great time with all the info contribution and the auditions. You may heard me in the following:

"PKNA" as One, Leonard Vertighel, Xari, General Zortag, additional voices
"PK2" as Leonard Vertighel, Mortimer Bloom, additional voices
Various Sonic Related Projects as Antoine D'Coolette and various voices

And so on!

Enjoy the value of my vocal weirdness!
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015   #413
malin

Talking a little lost and confused but overall happy

Hey there,
thank you for reading this. As i am new to the forum and i've been reading and reading through sides and search results for some time, i find it difficult to find the RIGHT place to post.

Maybe it just takes more time and patience to work myself into it, but i have to confess, that still reading a lot, it confuses me - i think the webseite is not much clear for someone new.
If i have a request, like character's voices are missing on a show i like, i'd like to make a post. So i checked the forum: where can find the show? or the actor? just to make sure, nobody reported on this already. I looked through the forum and used search function, but i am not sure which of the results is the right place to write. Honestly, i don't want to give the admins extra-work by shifting my requests to the right places. I think they have a lot to do already
So still i am not sure where to post.

Want an example?
I just watched Transformers, Robots in Disguise. I really like the show. I searched for Constance Zimmer, didn't see her listet up, that she also voiced "Filch". And when i search for the show, many characters are not listet YET... i guess because the show is new and nobody has had the time yet, to update. So - just to make sure, i am looking for a post where someone already wrote about the missing characters. I found generall discussions about the show, but not about a comment, saying the voice xy is not listed yet. Hmmm.. me is dumb?

I really like BTVA and would like to support, if i can. Even though, english is not my native language, maybe i can still do sth. useful?

Please, give me a hint how to use this right. I want to help. Not make extra work
malin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015   #414
Music Meister

Default Re: a little lost and confused but overall happy

Welcome to the site.
To ask for something to be updated or added if you scroll down you should see "TV Request", "Movie Request", and so on and then just click on one. First read the guidelines on how to make a request (I know more reading by dont worry the guidelines are pretty simple).
That's it really but if something just recently aired I'd recommend waiting a week after it aired.

If you have any questions you can simply ask any of the Mods or Admins.
Old 04-06-2015   #415
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: a little lost and confused but overall happy

Hey, malin! Welcome to BTVA.

Yeah, it can be a little much to take in, but you'll eventually get the swing of things. I'm just going to elaborate a little bit on what Music Meister said.

We've got the FORUMS here. Scroll down a little bit and you'll see the REQUEST CENTER FORUM. This is where you can create a thread (or look through the forum to see if a thread on the topic already exists) for any character additions to a TV show, movie or video game. But please be sure to read the "How To Make a Proper Request"-thread within each subforum. They outline a list of requirements that we expect a good request will have. These things make our tasks a whole lot easier to complete the requests.

The example you bring up for Transformers: Robots in Disguise, for instance... there's probably no pressing need to create a thread requesting the weekly character additions for the show. We've got a moderator on the team who is specifically in charge of that page, and he'll be keeping a close eye on that show and be responsible for updating it when his time allows. I'm sure he wouldn't mind any additional help, but rest assured that he's already keeping tabs on it. Updates to pages are not instantaneous, as episodes air in different timeframes all around the world. So just because episode #8 airs on Saturday for us, doesn't mean that everybody else gets it on the same day, or even week. Common practice on the site is that for ongoing shows (such as Transformers: RID), you wait at least one week after the episode has aired before requesting new characters. That way it gives the mod or admin in charge of the page some time to work on it themselves in and amongst our real jobs, school, life and other projects. After all, we're all volunteers on this site. None of us are paid to work here full-time, so updates happen whenever we have time.

Again, any questions, feel free to ask one of the mods or admins.
Old 04-28-2015   #416
shadowlord

Default Hi guys

Hi I'm Shadow Lord. A lot of people here may or may not know me. I'm in a lot of Mugen forums such as Mugen Multiverse, Crusader Cast, Infinity Mugen Team and Mugen Free For All. I thought I might join a different site and I thought I would join this one considering I like sharing my opinions on voice compares (especially for Marvel and DC characters) I hope everyone enjoys having me around.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015   #417
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: Hi guys

Welcome! Not sure I know you, but I used to be big into MUGEN back in 2009. I spent months putting together my perfect fighting game, looking for cool characters and stages to download. I had a ton of Street Fighters, some SNK characters, Guilty Gear people, even some Marvel (vs Capcom) and non-fighting game characters like Don Patch. Fun times. Glad to have you aboard.

US resources. Canada resources 1 and 2. I've donated, you can too. Black Lives Matter and happy Pride.
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015   #418
shadowlord

Default Re: Hi guys

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Welcome! Not sure I know you, but I used to be big into MUGEN back in 2009.
I'm a little more recent there.
shadowlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015   #419
Yopajay

Default New guy here

Hello everyone! I am new to the forums and the auditions part of the site, I have used the database many times to argue with the wife over who voiced who. Have already auditioned for a couple of different projects and I am pretty excited. I hope to meet good people and learn some cool stuff. I will try to voice as much as I can and I am open to all constructive criticism.
Yopajay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015   #420
Xlerb

Talking Hello Everybody!

Hi all,
Xlerb here and just joined today. I really love voice acting and can't wait to start auditioning for parts here. Don't be afraid to say hi to me I'm very friendly and always willing to provide feedback.
Xlerb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, advice, anime, assistance needed, audition, avengers emh, bad english, british, english, enthusiasm, french, friendly, girl, graphic design, hello there, horror movie director, introduction, introductions, jeff bennett, joe winko, kazutoification, let's dub, linguist, london, music, nerd, new member, new user, newbie, noob, please be nice, pokemon, presentation, scooby-doo, shared account, sims 2, skype, snes, song, translation, voice acting, voice acting actor, voice actor, voice actress, voice training, wii