Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 03-13-2017   #41
Bry
Top Contributor

Default Re: Kirby: Right Back at Ya!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Log View Post
This may sound a bit strange, but didn't Kayzie Rogers also voice Chilly? Sounds pretty much like her when you hear Chilly speak.
https://youtu.be/gwpvMrs_oEs?t=573

*snicker-- that title* Yeah, that's definitely Kayzie's Wobuffett.. just really high pitched.

Everything has fallen to pieces

The Official Janitor of BTVA
Bry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017   #42
rosebr10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghosty404 View Post
Since there's a ton of new Kirby characters on the BTVA page, it's easier for me to pick out which characters have or haven't been identified.

Chef Nagoya
(sample) - Maddie Blaustein. Like, straight up.
And how.

Quote:
Mr. Chip (sample) - Kirby Wiki says David Lapkin, and I can kinda hear Sir Ebram in him.
Listening to more of him I'm getting Stuart Zagnit (Stan Hart) vibes from his diction. Jerry Lobozzo (Jack Quevas) (Chuck Thorndyke) would be a second guess assuming he was still on for guest roles despite this being after losing his major recurring roles.

Quote:
Whispy Woods (sample) - If there's no one else that can sound like him, I'm betting this is Michael Haigney.
At the very least I can say that's not Dan Green (as some sources have put). For future reference, he's Garry Chalk, Optimal Primal-sounding. Haigney's pretty sharp in Pokemon, and from what I've seen from Roger Kay in Slayers he's just as sharp. Haigney's credit mainly applies to eps 96-100, aka "Fright to the Finish", so it'd be best to search there with him in mind and go from there.

Quote:
Acore (sample) - I dunno.
I'd say it's in the Wayne Grayson/Andrew Paull ballpark. Not a final guess, just a perception.

Quote:
Rowlin (sample) - Tara Jayne?
Veronica Taylor. Think Delia Ketchum. Adaptation note: She voices both the real author (Rowlin) and the fake one, whereas in Japanese the fake Rowlin had a different voice that was the same as its true form, Broom King.

Quote:
Broom King (sample) - Maddie Blaustein vibes, not entirely sure it's her. Could be Jerry Lobozzo.
Gonna take a shot in the dark and say Matt Hoverman. There's no effects, and that's just not Blaustein.

Quote:
Monsieur Goan (sample) - Either Maddie or Zoppi.
I think it's either Darren Dunstan or Jimmy Zoppi, because Goan sounds like a dead ringer for Munchlax. He's got its growl but there's not enough said to made me think Zopps. At the moment I'm gravitating towards Dunstan.

Quote:
Benikage (sample) - Andrew Rannells
Len Tao as a ninja he be.

Quote:
Yamikage (sample) - Eric Stuart
This, however, I disagree with. Stuart's voice is too high and sharp to naturally sound this deep and flat without effects added. See Grey from Valkyrie Profile for an example of his deeper voices. I tried to bring this up with Slice n' Splice, but alas, I was too late.

Quote:
Buttercup (sample) - Kayzie Rogers?
Rogers definitely uses her older, huskier woman voice for Hana (Mayor Len Blustergas' wife), but for Buttercup? I think that's assuming too much. I think that's Lisa Ortiz using an older woman voice.

Hypothetically, if Lisa Ortiz played Buttercup in later episodes such as the given example, then this could prove to be the answer as to whom "Ellen Lee" played toward the start of the series (in the event that Ellen Lee and Lisa Ortiz are actually two different people). Like the character's husband Chief Bookem, the actress appeared to have changed overtime (here's episode 29 for reference).

Quote:
PhanPhan (sample) - Sounds like Lisa Ortiz or Amy Birnbaum, leaning towards Amy.
I'd say it's a tossup between Kayzie Rogers and Tara Sands. Their Pokemon voices come really close. Rogers with Bellossom, Corsola, etc. and Sands with Phanpy, Smoochum, etc. Maybe whoever delivered this line? Rogers also has a bit more of an advantage assuming the episode was recorded at the same time, relatively speaking, as Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championship (with Fright to the Finish (the last 5 eps)) done prior to that.

Quote:
Vee/Princess Rona (sample) - Amy Birnbaum? Or may be Kelly Williams
It's one of those mysterious 4Kids female VAs, like whoever played Aya and Prima in Pokemon. Maybe this Ellen Lee character, or someone uncredited altogether. Whoever she is, she's not nearly as polished as Birnbaum or Williams, which adds further credence to being a non-regular actor.

Quote:
Princess Rona (Bodyguard) (sample) - Kirby Wiki says Tara Jayne, and yeah it probably is. Sounds like Mokuba Kaiba.
(Princess) Jasmine, indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Log View Post
This may sound a bit strange, but didn't Kayzie Rogers also voice Chilly? Sounds pretty much like her when you hear Chilly speak.
Her or Birnbaum. It's in that Dustox range, and Birnbaum's on the board in that ep with Spikehead. But then again it seems more on the jagged side...

Quote:
A good friend of mine pointed this nerd (or Otaking) out as Jason Griffith, but maybe it could be Sam Riegal doing a variation of his Tristan? I 'unno, what do you guys think?
Biggie (brown hair) is Jason Griffith, Bony (gray hair) is a tough read, and Sleepy (blond fish-face) is Eric Stuart.

Last edited by rosebr10; 03-21-2017 at 12:50 AM.
rosebr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017   #43
Bry
Top Contributor

Actually yeah, I was thinking of Birnbaum for Chilly..

Old 03-20-2017   #44
Bry
Top Contributor

Jason Griffith - Bony
Eric Stuart - Sleepy

Think the last one is the aliens? - https://youtu.be/LcQISrzUQfA?list=PL...97XLape&t=1087

They seem familiar, but I believe one of them is Amy Birnbaum.

Old 03-29-2017   #45
Bry
Top Contributor

Fryclops

https://youtu.be/dWnp88lL9zw (15:48)

So, I'm either getting some Darren Dunstan vibes, or Maddie putting on an intentionally lousy Ed Wynn impression. Thoughts?

Old 03-30-2017   #46
rosebr10

Quote:
Fryclops

https://youtu.be/dWnp88lL9zw (15:48)

So, I'm either getting some Darren Dunstan vibes, or Maddie putting on an intentionally lousy Ed Wynn impression. Thoughts?
16:16-16:18 sounds like James from Team Rocket, so Eric Stuart. His opening laugh is also not too far a cry from James' horse whinny.

Last edited by rosebr10; 04-01-2017 at 03:03 AM.
Old 04-01-2017   #47
WrightWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebr10 View Post
16:16-16:18 sounds like James from Team Rocket, so Eric Stuart. His opening is also not too far a cry from James' horse whinny.
Dead ringer for his (Season 6) AG James dub voice right there, imo: definitely Eric Stuart.

Last edited by WrightWay; 04-01-2017 at 01:01 AM.
WrightWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017   #48
Kirbopher
Professional Voice Actor

...well today I learned something new; had no idea they actually dubbed that creepy Otaku episode.

Nice detective-work for the most part, guys! Only flat-out correction I have is Chef Nagoya is Carter/Jimmy Zoppi and not Maddie. As far as the rest of the mystery characters go, the fact is, they really could be anyone who happened to be in that day" From what I learned on my own, it seemed like a lot of people would just pop in and out for small parts in episodes here and there, and usually wouldn't be credited because of the way these shows' general credits would work in having just the main cast listed. Sadly, as far as the heavily-filtered ones like Kabu and Whispy Woods go, those might just remain a mystery forever.
Kirbopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017   #49
rosebr10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbopher View Post
Nice detective-work for the most part, guys! Only flat-out correction I have is Chef Nagoya is Carter/Jimmy Zoppi and not Maddie.
Oh yeah, definitely did not watch this until his little meltdown. That's the difference-maker, right there.

Also, Kabu is known to be the Nappy one, courtesey of A-L.

Last edited by rosebr10; 04-06-2017 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-06-2017   #50
A-Log

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebr10 View Post
Oh yeah, definitely did not watch this until his little meltdown. That's the difference-maker, right there.

Also, Kabu is known to be the Nappy one, courtesey of A-L.
Rose, it's A-Log. And to reiterate: Kabu is voiced by Nappy, Kirb.

And since you're here, Kirb, how's it goin'?
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote