Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 08-22-2020   #1
OldSoulsAudio

Post Casting Call: Jane Eyre

Casting Call: Jane Eyre Audition
Project: Jane Eyre (in 3 parts)
Compensation: Unpaid – Voice credit
Company: Dream Realm Enterprises for the series, Showcase Classics
Deadline: August 31st
Email Only: strangeparadise1980@gmail.com
Subject Header: Jane Eyre Audition – Your Characters
Audition Requirements: Please record your lines 44100Hz, 128 or 192 bit as mp3 or WAV format.
Label it: Character_YourName_Audition. If auditioning for more than one character, you can send it all in one file. Please, try and record your performance in a quiet space, free of any noise disturbances, be sure to record them your lines the same way you would record them if you were cast so we can know what your sound and recording quality is going to be. You don’t have to have the highest quality microphone, but please don’t send in a recording using your cellphone or a gaming headset as this is not typically used when producing a project. Before your lines, please say your name so we know how to pronounce it.

Characters being cast at this time:

Edward Rochester – Lead, Age (late 30s/early 40s) Accent (British) A Timothy Dalton type.
A brooding, Byronic character hiding a secret from the governess, who he views as a love interest.
Line 1: Every atom of your flesh is as dear to me as my own: in pain and sickness it would still be dear. Your mind is my treasure, and if it were broken, it would be my treasure still.
Line 2: I sometimes have a queer feeling with regard to you– especially when you are near me, as now: it is as if I had a string somewhere under my left ribs, tightly and inextricably knotted to a similar string situated in the corresponding quarter of your little frame. And if that boisterous Channel, and two hundred miles or so of land come broad between us, I am afraid that cord of communion will be snapped; and then I’ve a nervous notion I should take to bleeding inwardly.
Line 3:It is always the way of events in this life…no sooner have you got settled in a pleasant resting place, than a voice calls out to you to rise and move on, for the hour of repose is expired.

Eliza Reed – Minor, Age (child) Accent (British) Eliza lives with her Mama, sister, and brother in a fancy home called Gateshead Hall. She enjoys dancing and singing although not accomplished in either one. She is one to quarrel with her older sister, but will team up with her brother and sister to pick on their orphaned, poor relation, Jane Eyre. Eliza dislikes she has to share her things with Jane who she feels shouldn’t get anything at all.
Line 1: (excited) Mama! Watch as I dance for you!
Line 2: (giggling) She even acts like one, all timid and scurrying away when you appear!
Line 3: Georgy! We must tell Mama of the rat’s misconduct!

Georgiana Reed – Minor, Age (child) Accent (British) Georgiana is often referred to as a beauty and quite accomplished for her age. She plays the piano and even the servants whisper of her beauty and how they expect she’ll marry rich one day. Like her sister and brother, she despises Jane Eyre and takes part in the torment of her cousin.
Line 1: (getting an idea) I ought to compose a song about her! Jane, the sniveling rat!
Line 2: Even that dress you wear used to belong to me!
Line 3: (mischievous) Let’s tell Mama she’s run into the rain!

Bessie Lee – Supporting, Age (Middle age) Accent (British) She works for Sarah Reed and is the only person at Gateshead who is decent and kindly to Jane.
Line 1: Hold her arms, Miss Abbot! She’s like a mad cat!
Line 2: Miss Jane screamed so loud, ma’am. In all my years, I’ve never seen a child quiver so much! See how she’s caused the color from my hand to drain?

St. John Rivers - Supporting, Age (late 20s) Accent (British) Along with his sisters, Mary and Diana, St. John (pronounced “Sinjin”) serves as Jane’s benefactor after she runs away from Thornfield, giving her food and shelter. The minister at Morton, St. John is cold, reserved, and often controlling in his interactions with others. Because he is entirely alienated from his feelings and devoted solely to an austere ambition, St. John serves as a foil to Edward Rochester.
Line 1: A missionary I resolved to be. From that moment my state of mind changed; the
fetters dissolved and dropped from every faculty, leaving nothing of bondage but its
galling soreness—which time only can heal. My father, indeed, imposed the
determination, but since his death, I have not a legitimate obstacle to contend with; some
affairs settled, a successor for Morton provided, an entanglement or two of the feelings
broken through or cut asunder—a last conflict with human weakness, in which I know I
shall overcome, because I have vowed that I will overcome—and I leave Europe for the
East.
Line 2: You are original and not timid. There is something brave in your spirit, as well
as penetrating in your eye; but allow me to assure you that you partially misinterpret my
emotions. You think them more profound and potent than they are. You give me a larger
allowance of sympathy than I have a just claim to. When I color, and when I shade
before Miss Oliver, I do not pity myself. I scorn the weakness. I know it is ignoble: a
mere fever of the flesh: not, I declare, the convulsion of the soul. That is just as fixed as
a rock, firm set in the depths of a restless sea. Know me to be what I am—a cold hard
man.
Line 3: God and nature intended you for a missionary’s wife. It is not personal, but
mental endowments they have given you: you are formed for labor, not for love. A
missionary’s wife you must—shall be. You shall be mine: I claim you—not for my
pleasure, but for my Sovereign’s service.
OldSoulsAudio is offline   Reply With Quote