Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 02-13-2019   #1
SNaG

Default Astral Chain

Not sure about who's who yet, re voices, but the game looks amazingly dope. Original Platinum IP on the Switch makes me extremely excited. Platinum is basically a Nintendo company now, which is fine by me. Seems to have a city exploration aspect too, kinda akin to Automata, so that's cool.

The music is FIRE. My kind of soundtrack.

Picking this up as soon as possible. What do you guys think?
Old 02-13-2019   #2
Autovolt

Default Re: Astral Chain

Pretty sure I heard Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt in this but I could be wrong.

and knowing that it's PlatinumGames....it's probably not a stretch to guess that Kris Zimmerman will be voice directing.

Anyways looks pretty cool.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019   #3
NCZ
Croissants

This game looks absolutely FANTASTIC!! I seriously thought it was a Xenoblade X sequel at first, but seeing it was Platinum, and ESPECIALLY Taura and KAMIYA is friggin' UNREAL.

I FREAKING NEED.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019   #4
NCZ
Croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
and knowing that it's PlatinumGames....it's probably not a stretch to guess that Kris Zimmerman will be voice directing.
Nier: Automata, Anarchy Reigns, MadWorld, Transformers...
Old 02-13-2019   #5
SNaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Pretty sure I heard Yuri Lowenthal and Tara Platt in this but I could be wrong.

Anyways looks pretty cool.
Yeah but what about the game?
Old 02-13-2019   #6
NCZ
Croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Original Platinum IP on the Switch makes me extremely excited. Platinum is basically a Nintendo company now, which is fine by me. Seems to have a city exploration aspect too, kinda akin to Automata, so that's cool.
This is going to be Platinum's first new IP since friggin' Wonderful 101!! They've been working on other people's series for so long that it's finally time for their big comeback and I'm so happy.

A shame Bayonetta 3 is a way off, and I wish Kamiya was in the director's chair himself, but I trust Taura, and even him supervising is good enough for me. I hope we get more news on Babylon's Fall too. The teaser at SE's show looked SIIICK.
Old 02-13-2019   #7
SNaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
This is going to be Platinum's first new IP since friggin' Wonderful 101!! They've been working on other people's series for so long that it's finally time for their big comeback and I'm so happy.

A shame Bayonetta 3 is a way off, and I wish Kamiya was in the director's chair himself, but I trust Taura, and even him supervising is good enough for me. I hope we get more news on Babylon's Fall too. The teaser at SE's show looked SIIICK.
Yeah, you're right, I didn't even consider that. Platinum always pushes the boundary in terms of action-adventure gameplay and I say that as someone who's only played a few of their games. The games have a similar identity but each one feels distinct. I am excited to see how they make this one unique.
Old 02-13-2019   #8
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
Nier: Automata, Anarchy Reigns, MadWorld, Transformers...
Fair point.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019   #9
Nightmare Crusher

CONSPIRACY TIME: NINTENDO KILLED SCALEBOUND TO HAVE KAMIYA ALL TO THEMSELVES

Nah, I'm kidding. I'm not the most versed in Platinum, but I enjoy everything I have played and getting that kind of game on the go is pretty sick. I'll get that Switch one of these days, lol.
Old 02-13-2019   #10
NCZ
Croissants

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Yeah, you're right, I didn't even consider that. Platinum always pushes the boundary in terms of action-adventure gameplay and I say that as someone who's only played a few of their games. The games have a similar identity but each one feels distinct. I am excited to see how they make this one unique.
The best thing about this game, to me, is it looks like this is showing what they can learn from Scalebound. Scalebound was a big game, and maybe in some ways more than they could chew. Nier: A showed that Platinum can take their action style AND give you a whole world to go nuts in. This game is taking that to the top!

I really love that the main characters are all regular humans using technological weapons. Bayonetta is way more of a fantasy, so it's going to be awesome seeing Platinum try out classic punches and guns.