Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 03-04-2020   #201
TheVengeanceKnight

Default Re: What Could Have Been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyAnimefan1995 View Post
In a Vanity Fair Interview, Phil LaMarr originally auditioned for the role of Aqualad in Young Justice before the role went Khary Payton.

Vanity Fair Interview - on Aquaman
Yeah, I remember Phil bringing this up before a couple of times.

Although given Season 3, had Phil gotten to play Aqualad, he would've also gotten to play Aquaman later on!
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2020   #202
Michaelsar

Do animated movies that wound up getting cancelled count?

If so, Danny Rutigliano says on his resume that he was supposed to voice Timothy Mouse in Dumbo II:
http://dannyrutigliano.com/resume.html
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2020   #203
Michaelsar

At one point during this interview, Eric Bauza mentions that he was originally cast as Raphael in the 2012 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cRKswc8lix0
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020   #204
SNaG
Junior Contributor

It was almost in the cards for New Generation Pictures to get Saint Seiya back in the early 2000s. Classic NGP with Saint Seiya sounds like a dream. I'm glad Taliesin is more successful on Critical Role but, speaking as a VO fan, his loss is sorely felt in direction.

Oh yeah, uh, we also almost got a Winckler version of Saint Seiya. Really. Probably would have been more entertaining than the Houston dubs...

Quote:
Thinck abot this one...!! Martin Charles voices this games Mario, yet he is also the Dragon in SKryim. With this secret knowlege we can KNOW its EASY to nitnendo add the Dragons to mario bros! They Basicalay dont have to pay money to Martin Charles to save money on other fighters, seeing since they already got him for mario! Its a Easy win for nitnendo!
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020   #205
IMB
Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
It was almost in the cards for New Generation Pictures to get Saint Seiya back in the early 2000s. Classic NGP with Saint Seiya sounds like a dream. I'm glad Taliesin is more successful on Critical Role but, speaking as a VO fan, his loss is sorely felt in direction.

Oh yeah, uh, we also almost got a Winckler version of Saint Seiya. Really. Probably would have been more entertaining than the Houston dubs...
Quote:
I believe the manga creator of Seiya was also difficult for Toei to deal with, so at the end of the day, we never dubbed that show.
Out of all the things done to Saint Seiya, compilation films are what Kurumada objects to?
IMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020   #206
SNaG
Junior Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by IMB View Post
Out of all the things done to Saint Seiya, compilation films are what Kurumada objects to?
Apparently??? Granted, this is Winckler we're talking about, so take his claims with a grain of salt.

I love how Winckler complains about the astrology (it's not deep at all) and how the series is not suited to compilation films (when it IS).

Quote:
Thinck abot this one...!! Martin Charles voices this games Mario, yet he is also the Dragon in SKryim. With this secret knowlege we can KNOW its EASY to nitnendo add the Dragons to mario bros! They Basicalay dont have to pay money to Martin Charles to save money on other fighters, seeing since they already got him for mario! Its a Easy win for nitnendo!
SNaG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020   #207
Neo Shadow King

Post Re: What Could Have Been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
I mean, at the very least we would've gotten some good memes out of that. Willie Winckler never fails to disappoint in that regard. Really though, kind of a shame that of all the possible places Saint Seiya could be dubbed in in the states, it always gets stuck with freaking Houston of all places.

Oh well, better than Miami... or perhaps worse?

Sometimes, people have weird hobbies, and that's okay. Mostly.
Neo Shadow King is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020   #208
8000 Saiyans

Akira Kamiya was apparently considered for Piccolo. I've also read that Toshio Furukawa auditioned for Kenshiro and Ryo Saeba, whom Kamiya eventually played. Kamiya also auditioned for Shin.
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020   #209
Neo Shadow King

Post Re: What Could Have Been...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8000 Saiyans View Post
Akira Kamiya was apparently considered for Piccolo. I've also read that Toshio Furukawa auditioned for Kenshiro and Ryo Saeba, whom Kamiya eventually played. Kamiya also auditioned for Shin.
Somehow I'm not too surprised by this. While I do feel Kamiya can do lower voices with more ease whereas the opposite applies to Furukawa, the two could sound pretty similar back when they were in their primes. Although I would argue time has taken more of a hit on Kamiya's voice than Furukawa's.

Sometimes, people have weird hobbies, and that's okay. Mostly.
Neo Shadow King is online now   Reply With Quote