Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > General Movie Discussion

General Movie Discussion Discuss and review the latest movies you've seen! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 01-30-2018   #1
TylerMirage
Administrator

Default "Ant-Man and The Wasp" (2018)

First trailer is here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=8_rTIAOohas
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018   #2
Autovolt

Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt
Default Re: "ANoTher Man and The Wasp" (July 2018)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
I really like how clever they are getting with the use of the pym particles in this.
Autovolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018   #3
Music Meister

First it was Thomas the Tank Engine and now...Hello Kitty.

I will say it looks good. I hope there is a heist element like the first, I dunno Iím just a sucker for a good heist movie.

Also I hope Ghost is interesting in this. Not just to get more cool villains in the MCU but ever since Armored Adventure I have a standard for Ghost.
Old 01-31-2018   #4
Music Meister

I just got the joke for this threadís name.
Old 05-03-2018   #5
electronic456

Didn't see this posted....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUkn-enk2RU
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018   #6
The Doctor

Default Re: "Ant-Man and The Wasp" (July 2018)

Ant-Man and the Wasp was OK. Nothing amazing, but by no means bad either. Sure, it had the thankless job of coming after both Black Panther and Infinity War, which were groundbreakers and two of the best movies of the entire MCU, but I personally didn't think that this was even as good as the first Ant-Man movie. The first movie had more modest scale and certain sense of self-parody (or at least it playfully made fun of typical superhero action scenes), which appealed to me more personally than the sequel's attempt at being more "truer" (for lack of better term) superhero movie.

On paper, Ghost was a villain who I wanted to love, and she too had to unfairly measure up to both Killmonger and Thanos, but that "something" was kinda missing. I think that character needed stronger actor, since Hannah John-Kamen was kinda just doing the bare minimum that the role required, with no extra flare. On the same token, the movie kinda wasted Laurence Fishburne. He did great job, as always, but anyone could have played his part and nothing about the character screamed that it had to be him in the role.

Perhaps the biggest sin of the movie is that it brings nothing new to the table. We already saw the title character, ants and random everyday objects change their sizes in both the first Ant-Man and Civil War, and this movie seems to have no new suprises. When they had just started filming this movie, I remember reading a rumor that there was going to be a scene where Scott accidentally enlarges a puppy to a giant-size and I can't help, but to ask why not have something like that in the actual movie? It is already a comedy and the premise is absurd, even by superhero standards, so why not go completely bonkers?

Just to be clear, despite my negative tone, I didn't hate this movie. It was entertaining and much better than, say, Ragnarok or Iron Man 2. But, I can't help feeling little disappointed.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018   #7
Shan-Yu

Default Re: "Ant-Man and The Wasp" (2018)

The movie was great.
Just as suprisingly entertaining as the 1st Antman.
For a Marvel movie, it was a bit different.
Shan-Yu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018   #8
Cazador

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Ant-Man and the Wasp was OK. Nothing amazing, but by no means bad either. Sure, it had the thankless job of coming after both Black Panther and Infinity War, which were groundbreakers and two of the best movies of the entire MCU, but I personally didn't think that this was even as good as the first Ant-Man movie. The first movie had more modest scale and certain sense of self-parody (or at least it playfully made fun of typical superhero action scenes), which appealed to me more personally than the sequel's attempt at being more "truer" (for lack of better term) superhero movie.

On paper, Ghost was a villain who I wanted to love, and she too had to unfairly measure up to both Killmonger and Thanos, but that "something" was kinda missing. I think that character needed stronger actor, since Hannah John-Kamen was kinda just doing the bare minimum that the role required, with no extra flare. On the same token, the movie kinda wasted Laurence Fishburne. He did great job, as always, but anyone could have played his part and nothing about the character screamed that it had to be him in the role.
I disagree, Ghost was a phenomenal antagonist, especially since she wasn't really a villain. She just wanted to survive. But she never did anything evil and she stopped being an antagonistic once Janet healed her.

So it's unfair to compare her to Killmonger and Thanos, who were in fact villains.
Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018   #9
The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazador View Post
I disagree, Ghost was a phenomenal antagonist, especially since she wasn't really a villain. She just wanted to survive. But she never did anything evil and she stopped being an antagonistic once Janet healed her.
I agree with everything you said. Like I said, the biggest problem with Ghost is her actress, Hannah John-Kamen, who isn't bad, but kinda bland. It's kinda hard to get immersed to the character, when she has the same expression almost throughout the entire movie.

Although, it's kinda a stretch to say that she never did anything evil, when she tortured Hank, was planning to kill Janet and would have kidnapped Cassie, if Bill didn't tell her not to.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018   #10
Cazador

Default Re: "Ant-Man and The Wasp" (2018)

She only suggested out of desperation and like you said, she was talked out of it easily enough.

And she only wanted to kill Janet because she thought it was the only way she could survive. But then Janet healed Ghost herself and Ghost no longer had need to hurt Janet.
Cazador is offline   Reply With Quote