Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Nickelodeon

Nickelodeon Discuss your favorite NickToons & Nick Jr cartoons or any other Nickelodeon Shows

Old 02-06-2018   #21
Music Meister

Default Re: New 2D TMNT Series in 2018

Man a Magneto type of villain would be awesome to see in a TMNT series.
Old 02-18-2018   #22
thecartoonfan123

Why do they look so weird????
thecartoonfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018   #23
Troodon2

First Teaser Trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r7lVa0Irsg

I can't tell whether it's flash or actually 2D animation that just uses the same stalky timing and expression as flash, but I can tell this one is definitely going to be more comedic. (at least from what I see in this teaser)

I don't think it'll be as good as the previous series, but I will give it a fair chance. I mean who knows maybe it might actually be good so we shouldn't just judge a book by it's cover.

But I really... REALLY hope it doesn't suck. *fingers crossed*
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018   #24
Ghosty404

... uh.

I reaaaaally don't like the way how instead of one turtle being an idiot, everyone is an idiot. Donnie just bashing a gadget in his face like that felt WAY ooc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott McNeil on Dragon Ball Kai not being aired yet in Canada.
It was deemed to be too awesome.
Ghosty404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018   #25
Music Meister

I liked what Iíve seen so far, the acting already has a lot of promise.
Old 07-20-2018   #26
The Doctor

Opening:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20qJIH_bco8

Looks pretty nice and the theme song is catchy, but I can't help, but to wonder if they already have an alternative version ready for when inevitably Leo becomes the leader and Shredder shows up

My only gripe is that the song is little bit too short. It kinda just stops rather than has big climatic ending. I'm curious, if there's going to be an extended version.

New trailer and clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPgNQMUjr8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QE3xo2pEPYc

I have some random points about these

- During the action scenes, the animation looks great, but elsewhere it looks little stiff.

- I don't like the gag of turtles throwing away their classic weapons like they were lame in favor of the ones they are using in the show. Sure, a small mythology gag (for example, them walking past them or the like) would be fine, but this feels little too mean-spirited.

- The comedy seem to be really hit-or-miss. Granted, these are just a trailer, where most of them are out-of-contex, and a short clip, but stuff like Raph talking in a third-person could get really old really fast, if they are running gags or the like.

- Not personally feeling John Cena's voice acting. Guy is not the most versatile actor and his sensibilities would work better as the villain's heavy or the like, not as the theatrical main villain himself.

Last edited by The Doctor; 07-21-2018 at 08:44 AM.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018   #27
Troodon2

Since the first few episodes are out, is it okay if I post my thoughts on the show's page, or should I just post them here?
Old 08-07-2018   #28
jonhardwick

Anyone know why is April black?
jonhardwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018   #29
NCZ
Ask me about unions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonhardwick View Post
Anyone know why is April black?
Why was April white?
"Good VO in a game takes THREE things. Having good actors, as crucial as they are, is not enough. You need good actors, good writing, and a good director. Oh, and ample time helps a lot too. If you've ever wondered why one of your favorite actors is amazing in one game, and not quite as stellar in another, there is a good chance that the budget or other circumstances didn't allow for much exploration or digging, and the work was just blasted through." - Liam O'Brien

"Michelle Ruff wants Steve Blum to bust up a forced labor camp. Derek Stephen Prince is in charge of this labor camp and he's a dick. Lex Lang finds Michelle's little brother. He's Mona Marshall." - Nightmare Crusher on s-CRY-ed
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018   #30
Troodon2

Since theres a 1000 character limit to commenting on the show's page, I though I may as well post my full first impressions here.

So I just watched the first few episodes and... I'm kind'a mixed. Let me just bring up the positives first.

1. I like the animation, kind'a similar in expression and fluidity to Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go! or even Avatar to some extent; granted it's not really on par with Avatar but it's decent.
2. I do like the voice over work, I think my favorite of the bunch is Brandon Mychal Smith as Michelangelo!
3. There is actually fair amount of jokes in the show that I do think are pretty funny; admittedly I didn't burst into laughter but I did get some chuckles.
4. The action is actually pretty creative, especially with the character's weapons.
5. This new take on April O'Neil, as this sort of rowdy teenager.

Now for the negatives...

1. Raph is the leader?! Seriously guys?! Look I get this is a different take on the franchise, but to make Raphael, the most hot heated, punch first ask questions later guy as the leader?! Really?! Look if you really want to break the norm, why not have April of all people lead the Turtles? Or heck, at least give each character a moment to lead per episode, let them take turns, that I think could change the pace more.
2. Splinter is a couch potato! Again I get this is meant to be a comedy, so I can understand the gimmick of making Splinter this more grouchy old coot, but at the same time he is essentially the Turtle's father, so at least make him somewhat caring about his sons and stand in as the voice of reason to set them on the right path! You can still make him funny sure, but still...
3. There are jokes that just aren't funny. Yeah that may not seem surprising, but like I said there are jokes that actually are good, in fact there are more good jokes here than there are of the bad ones, but when there is a bad joke... well I can't say the joke would be disgusting in anyway, but sometimes they do either fall flat or even seem rather... suggestive for a lack of a better term.
4. All the Turtles are basically Michelangelo! You know how the original comic made all the Turtles the same character, then in the first cartoon they did differentiate them save for Raph and Micky, then finally all four of them had their own distinct characterization? Well now we're kind'a back to somewhere in between the first comic and 80's show, in that all the Turtles are the same.... well to an extent anyway. Donatello is still technically the brains of the bunch, and again Raph is the muscle head, but aside from that they're all basically Michelangelo; heck Leonardo in some scenes seem more of a Micky and Micky himself is.

All in all I think this show is okay... at best. The animation is fine, the characters are tolerable, and the show is still pretty creative, and there are still plenty of jokes that are funny, but nothing more than that.

It's not a bad show by any means, but it does feel like a couple steps backwards in how The Turtles evolved. I guess another problem would also be that this show is a product of the current landscape of children's television animation, in that companies like Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network seem to be pushing for more comedy based programs than anything involving action or drama; there are still shows that do have action and drama but currently they are too far and in between. Hopefully however this is just a trend and soon it will cease and creative teams will get back on track on making more developed programs.

As is, like I said, this show is is perfectly fine, it has it's dumb moments but overall it's harmless. I give it... 6.5/10, a Grade C product.