Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > DC & Marvel

DC & Marvel Discuss DC & Marvel properties Here

Old 06-30-2016   #411
TylerMirage
Administrator

Default Re: Ultimate Spider-Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music Meister View Post
Again, why is Spiderman in charge of SHIELD? With Fury gone does SHIELD just go "eh why not, put the teenager in charge. We got no one else." I know Coulson is MIA but no Maria Hill or any one actually qualified?
That is an excellent question and one that I don't expect the show to address. Like you said, you know what would've been cool? Introducing Maria Hill and having her be the interim replacement for Fury. Prominent female character, better explanation than leaving SHIELD under Spidey's command, satisfy their need to tie into the MCU. Check, check and check. Or take this perfect opportunity to bring back Coulson (if they weren't somehow trying to connect his absence from this show into Agents of SHIELD). Heck, bring back Fitz and Simmons with a gaggle of random SHIELD agents and be like "they're better than nothing".

Or gosh, meet in the middle and have either Hill or Coulson or Fitz/Simmons and Spidey be the interim SHIELD directors together.

Quote:
Is Triton more posh sounding than before? He hasn't spoken in a long time but I swear he sounded different.
Yeah, his performance has changed from SMASH and even his earlier USM appearances. Much more posh. And I kind of dig it. Before I was just hearing James Arnold Taylor.

Quote:
Hey Crossbones, wonder why then went with him and why do I want to see Civil War again?
To be fair...Crossbones is pretty cool.
Gee, I wonder why Crossbones is now a big character? :v To be fair, though, at least he wasn't a direct copy of Rumlow in the MCU. This version was, like, Bane mixed with Crossbones. I would've rolled my eyes more had he been a normal-sized dude voiced by someone like Nolan North who referenced his disfigured face after a building fell on top of him or something.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016   #412
GreenGoblin75

I don't follow USM, but did they seriously gave Spidey control of SHIELD? That's like handing over the keys of a Ferrari to a 10 year old. Seems like a strange decision.
Old 06-30-2016   #413
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenGoblin75 View Post
I don't follow USM, but did they seriously gave Spidey control of SHIELD? That's like handing over the keys of a Ferrari to a 10 year old. Seems like a strange decision.
It seems strange out of context, but it's (slightly) less strange when you consider the events leading up to it.

The entire show is basically Nick Fury/SHIELD training Peter Parker to become "The Ultimate Spider-Man". SHIELD and Spidey's involvement with it plays very heavily into the show overall, and his arc for the series is more-or-less molding Peter into becoming not only a great superhero but a suitable leader as well.

The season three finale/season four premiere was all about the fall of SHIELD/kidnapping of Nick Fury, leaving SHIELD director-less. The implication for the audience is that Spider-Man has now become enough of a leader that - in theory - him becoming interim SHIELD director is an easy enough pill to swallow. Plus, it's not like he does it with ease. They acknowledge the absurdity of it, there's troubles along the way and he admits that it's tough, etc., etc..

Like I said, it's strange on paper, but the show tries to make it believable. Kind of.
Old 07-04-2016   #414
TylerMirage
Administrator

"The Symbiote Saga, Part 1"

Holy crap, Mary Jane Watson is back! Glad the show remembered that she existed.

Ha ha, I like that when they tore the Carnage symbiote off of Doc Ock, it magically repaired his burned skin, gave him his hair back from his original design and reformed his Hydra armor back into his original Ock suit. Somehow, I guess?
Old 07-05-2016   #415
Music Meister

Holy Crap Mary Jane? Didn't know she even existed still.

Doesn't Spider-Man's webs evaporates after a bit? Wouldn't that not really hold a building up?

Would Crossbones really be the one charge of Hydra? I feel like he wouldn't.

Odd how Morbius just so happen to make a symbiote that is almost exactly like the one Goblin made long ago.

Agent Venom angrily meditating was actually pretty funny.

Hey Oct is merging with Carnage, just like they one game.

I'd question how the Carnage symbiote merged with Oct's metal but man does he look cool.

"What are you a living vampire bat" see it's funny cause in the comics...that's...that's what he's called...

What...why...how does the symbiote remove Oct nano...never mind.

While I was hoping we'd get a new voice for Carnage but Dee has really come a long way since his first voice as Carnage.

Man this Carnage is actually really cool.

"I need to hit him from two different angles" ...sure, why not.

That's actually a good cliff hanger, in fact a pretty good episode all around despite some few dumb moments.
Music Meister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016   #416
Music Meister

Man US writers love zombie outbreak stories.

Carnage JJ is pretty funny.

Really? ALL the Avengers are turned?

"You wouldn't like Carnage Hulk when he's angry" don't know if that line is cool or lame.

Hulk saying Smash in his sleep was funny.

So did Agent Venom just leave Spiderman after he was knocked out? Cause that's kinda not cool.

"My best friend Mary Jane and Harry" you know...when you remember thy exist.

I wish they did something more different with Anti-Venom's voice.

Shriek being Carnage was cool, as was Carnage Hulk, just wish they did more characters being Carnage-ized.

Harry's sacrifice could have been done a lot better than Scarlett's but feels like they kinda copped out.

I'm curious how they'll end this arc, I wish the idea of all of New York being taken was two parts. They really could have done something really cool with that.
Music Meister is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016   #417
GothamRed

Quote:
Really? ALL the Avengers are turned?
In fairness, they needed to get Cap alone because they're trying to recreate the team from Maximum Carnage. That's why Cloak, Dagger, and Iron Fist were the only 3 members of SHIELD academy to join the fight. I was hoping that meant we'd get Firestar and the return of Deathlok, but sadly no dice. Maybe MJ will become Firestar and that's why she's back (from what I read the character was partially based on her physically in S&hAF and they did something similar with Liz Allen in the Ultimate books).
Old 07-14-2016   #418
SupremeTarantulas

Definitely need to check this arc later

Curious though if Carnage speaks now?

Well it scrapped the Sinister Six early...
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016   #419
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Curious though if Carnage speaks now?
He does. Not a whole lot, but more than just screeches and growls. He kind of speaks like a snake. "Caaarrrnnnaaaagggeee iiisssssssssss cchhhhhhaaaaooooossssssss!!! HAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
Well it scrapped the Sinister Six early...
Nothing says that it's completely over. It's not like all potential members of the Sinister Six are dead or gone. I'm already giving this season mad ups on promoting it as being about the Sinister Six and actually having the first 1/2 of the entire season be about them. I'm sure Ock and others will show up again in the season somehow.
Old 07-15-2016   #420
SupremeTarantulas

I actually liked the 2nd part to the Sinister Six episode. Ain't May seems to be the only reason Ben turned but I'm still enjoying more than AA, which I honestly lost interest in. Too busy t see more of Guardians.

So far this is my favorite Morbius. I think I'll vote for him once he mutates, oh wait just squeaks, growls, roars, and other vampire bat noises

Nick still tops them off technically. For now...

Hoping we haven't seen the last of Carnage, Dee sounds cool.His performance was insane, twisted, and demented before but this top notch.

Maybe a speaking Morbius in the Sinister Six? We still haven't seen CDB reprise Electro, or Mysterio's debut.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote