Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Old 04-02-2020   #61
Marakutanay

Default Re: Naruto series

Need help with the Moya Triad Brothers. The wiki says they are Jonathan and Tom Fahn. I'm pretty sure that one it's Jonathan but not that sure if the other is Tom.

Clip for both.

To clarify:

Jon Brother: "You dare mock us"
Tom? Brother: "Who do you think you are"
JB: "No good scum"
T?B: "You'll live to regret this"
T?B: "So now we..."
JB: "The boss has only..."
JB: "It's a good thing..."
T?M: "Yeah, I wonder who took them anyway"
T?M: "We underestimated..."
Marakutanay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020   #62
Nightmare Crusher
Top Contributor

The "Tom brother" sounds just like Pilaf and I'm sure this was an intentional casting gag.

https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com...Emperor-Pilaf/

You ever just... think about life?
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2020   #63
Marakutanay

Awesome, thanks.
Old 04-09-2020   #64
Marakutanay

In the original series Zetsu has this voice. Supposedly it's Michael Sorich (Black Zetsu) and Brian Beacock (White Zetsu). (Everything but "Indeed" is Black Zetsu). I really don't think that's Sorich, Brian could be White Zetsu but there is not much to work with and I wouldn't rule out that it's the same guy as Black Zetsu just doing a different voice. Does anyone feel confident about Michael or Brian?
Old 04-09-2020   #65
drakh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakutanay View Post
In the original series Zetsu has this voice. Supposedly it's Michael Sorich (Black Zetsu) and Brian Beacock (White Zetsu). (Everything but "Indeed" is Black Zetsu). I really don't think that's Sorich, Brian could be White Zetsu but there is not much to work with and I wouldn't rule out that it's the same guy as Black Zetsu just doing a different voice. Does anyone feel confident about Michael or Brian?
Not familiar with Beacock, but I'd agree that that isn't Sorich.
drakh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020   #66
SNaG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakutanay View Post
Not Sorich. It's more of a PSP type (not saying it's him). That "Indeed" could be Brian but there isn't enough there for me to say definitively one way or the other; like you said it could be just the same guy doing a more exaggerated voice.

https://streamable.com/ekjrp
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020   #67
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

I think Brian's credit still holds up, this was during the Sasuke Retrieval arc where he was playing Sakon and Ukon so for such a bit part he could have banked it, plus even with just one word his voice and delivery is similar to them. It sounds like a different person than Black Zetsu, the depth of their voices are different.

Black Zetsu: If not Sorich, maybe PSP? It's "sharper" than he usually is but the rhythm of his voice (like the way he draws out "interesting") and the basic depth are there. Kyuubi popped up for a bit during Naruto and Sasuke's fight, right? That's the one time I can think of where he'd have been around and that's pretty much right before.

Last edited by NCZ; 04-09-2020 at 11:31 AM.
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020   #68
Hayworth

Black Zetsu is... Peter Lurie, maybe? Brian as White makes sense to me
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020   #69
Marakutanay

Since you guys mention PSP, in the very next episode after that clip the Akatsuki have a reunion.

These are the voices of three of them.

Akatsuki Member 1: "Seven years, not since Orochimaru left us."
AM 2: "And now Orochimaru has the Sharingan".
AM 3: "Is that true Itachi, your little brother?"

No Akatsuki member is credit in that episode and the image is obscure so you can't tell who those three are other than they are not Itachi, Kisame, Deidara or Pain. I am familiar with the latin american dub of Naruto and in that one those 3 were credit and identify as Hidan, Zetsu and Hiruko (Sasori) in that order. I can buy that the second member is PSP and he even uses the same kind of voice that Travis W. would later use in Shippuden. Hell, I can even buy that the third one is J.B. Blanc (who was in those episodes doing Pakun and later voice Hiruko in Shippuden) which supports the Latin American casting.

The thing got a little messy but tu sum up, anyone thinks that second Akatsuki member is not PSP or has another suggestion?
Old 04-09-2020   #70
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Hayworth, you just brought him up, but I think the first voice (Hidan) is Peter. It's the same thing where since he was just playing Kidomaru it makes sense they'd reuse him*. It has his familiar rasp which I don't get from Zetsu. I actually did think of him too when it came to who else was in the show at the time, but I couldn't shake PSP no matter who else I thought of.

The second voice (Zetsu) I still get PSP's rhythms, so I think all things considered he's the one who makes the most sense to me.

*This was the time it was really obvious Naruto was Viz's golden goose, so they ramped up the release speed on the manga and the dub. So I figure they must've been recording a lot more episodes at once or near-simultaneously.

Last edited by NCZ; 04-09-2020 at 02:13 PM.
NCZ is online now   Reply With Quote