Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 01-11-2014   #1
hearthis

Default WatchMojo - "Top 10 Voice Actors in Film and TV"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RyCqbivfz08

Thoughts
hearthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #2
TheVengeanceKnight

Default Re: WatchMojo - "Top 10 Voice Actors in Film and TV"

I find the lack of Dee Bradley Baker and Corey Burton disturbing.
TheVengeanceKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #3
NaitPhoenix

This was a good list, although I'm shocked that Mel Blanc is #2
NaitPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014   #4
skeletonking1234
Banned

I'm sorry but this is an atrocious list in my opinion. I'm not saying the choices they made were bad, in fact I love a lot of these people and would put quite a few of them in my top 10. My main issue with this list is that it either doesn't go into a whole lot of detail about their range or careers, like with Rob Paulsen who's my favorite VA by the way, and they make comments that I feel just seem either out of place or just stupid. Like the Peter Cullen should continuously play Optimus. The main reason for that is, while it is one of the best animated perfromances ever in my opinion, he's getting so horribly typecast in the role is the problem. In the 80s and 90s Cullen had so much more work that showed his true range outside of Optimus like Monterey Jack and Meps in Chip and Dale Rescue Rangers for the first season, Eeyore up until 2011, Ironhide in the original 80s transformers, the list goes on. I feel if anything Transformers Age of Extinction should be his last time playing the role. Even Mark Hamill knew when to give up the mantle of Joker to other people. Also while Mel Blanc isn't my absolute favorite voice actor, Mel has left such an impact on voice acting that I think he deserves to be number 1 on all lists due to this.

Last edited by skeletonking1234; 01-13-2014 at 06:56 AM.
skeletonking1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #5
Autovolt

I really don't think Kevin Conroy needed to be on this list. He's amazing as Batman but he's done nothing else aside from the caped crusader.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #6
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
I really don't think Kevin Conroy needed to be on this list. He's amazing as Batman but he's done nothing else aside from the caped crusader.
I would have to agree.
TheVengeanceKnight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #7
PsychicVoiceSpy

I haven't seen this video, but from what everyone here is saying I assume it's just some crap WatchMojo threw together for views, and in turn, money. I doubt they really know or care much about voice-acting in general and probably did little research on the subject.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2014   #8
Heartfilia Mage 721

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post
I haven't seen this video, but from what everyone here is saying I assume it's just some crap WatchMojo threw together for views, and in turn, money. I doubt they really know or care much about voice-acting in general and probably did little research on the subject.
First off their missing Dee Bradley Baker who is the best person to voice animals. Just give him any animal character in the world to voice and he mastered it.

I agree Conroy's only known for Batman. I don't know him voicing any other character than him.

Also they do throw them together for views. For example the Top 10 Anime mostly had mainstream titles that they might not even watch it was only on popularity.
Heartfilia Mage 721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014   #9
GothamRed

From previous top 10 lists, it seems that WatchMojo doesn't necessarily choose everything based on what they like, it's usually based on some statistic somewhere that has no relevance to quality (like Nielson ratings or Box Office Gross, which are both quantitative) then from that they trickle down to what they heard of, what they like more, and usually what was part of pop culture in the 80s and early 90s. What I mean from that is that the list are for the average joe who really don't know much about the subject at hand aside from what was generally popular. So while the lists will sometimes have things on it that people who are fans of the subject matter can agree on, the lists aren't designed for those people.

On a side not one thing I found hilarious was from the superhero origins series on WatchMojo (which I do kind of like) they did one for the Flash and Robin and chose Jay Garrick and Dick Grayson as the versions they told the origins of, the proceeded to have all of the cutaway footage feature Barry Allen and Jason Todd instead...oops.

Tags
link, list, top 10, video, youtube