Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Movie World > General Movie Discussion

General Movie Discussion Discuss and review the latest movies you've seen! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 1 Week Ago   #11
SNaG

Default Re: "Avengers: Endgame" (2019)

Since it's been 3 weeks I'll put a couple spoilers in here, but fair warning.

Somehow managed to stay pure until yesterday, since I wasn't able to see it when it came out. Ultimately glad I did because there wasn't a lot of cheering or chatter during the movie, like there was when I saw Infinity War on opening weekend. Ultimately, I liked it, though far more for the character work/acting than the actual plot. The original Avengers had the emotional meat and they did a very good job, with definite highlights being RDJ, Chris Hemsworth, and Chris Evans. Plot was fine but I felt the entire conflict coming from one character being stupid/not forthcoming was very disappointing. I don't expect these movies to be tightly plotted Shakespearean dramas, but whenever you hinge the climax on one character just being effing stupid, it really is frustrating. Like, why didn't Nebula tell everyone Thanos was hunting for the stones then? Why didn't she consider that Thanos would be looking for the Power Stone? Why didn't she realize that she could short-circuit by being in the same time frame as her younger self? Why didn't she warp back to the present to warn everyone "Yo Thanos knows"? Why didn't she tell Hawkeye and Black Widow someone needed to die for the Soul Stone? Why did Thanos bring back Nebula's future self? Nebula caused a bunch of the conflict by being DUMB and it really irked me.

The best part of the movie was how it handled Tony's death. Was I surprised? No, it was pretty obvious. But it's a testament to RDJ, this movie, and the character of Iron Man throughout this universe that the sequence was very effective. When he said "I am Iron Man" I actually got kinda emotional since, in this corporate universe, the one thing I always liked was RDJ and his Tony Stark. Basically the words kicked off the universe and were some of his final words and I thought that was handled in the absolute best way possible.

Wow, I ended up talking a lot about cape****. Overall, it was a solid movie, but the conflict mired in Nebula being stupid really took me out of it. I liked Infinity War more but this was a fun time overall.

dude NICE
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #12
The Doctor

Default Re: "Avengers: Endgame" (2019)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNaG View Post
Like, why didn't Nebula tell everyone Thanos was hunting for the stones then?
Because they already knew. They just hoped/presumed that they wouldn't meet past-Thanos, if they planned their trips carefully.

Quote:
Why didn't she consider that Thanos would be looking for the Power Stone?
Because he didn't go after it himself in the prime timeline, but sent Ronan to get it. And even he originalky sent his goons first.

Quote:
Why didn't she realize that she could short-circuit by being in the same time frame as her younger self?
How could have she realized that? Is not like she has met a time-travelling version of herself before.

Quote:
Why didn't she warp back to the present to warn everyone "Yo Thanos knows"?
Because once they get back, it wouldn't matter anymore. There was no way for Thanos to follow them to the future. But he still could have potentially caused trouble for Clint and Nat, so she tried to warn them.

Quote:
Why didn't she tell Hawkeye and Black Widow someone needed to die for the Soul Stone?
Because she didn't know. She only knew that Thanos killed Gamora, while getting the soul stone, but that could have been for any reason.

Quote:
Why did Thanos bring back Nebula's future self?
For the sadistic joy of her seeing him win.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote