ANNOUNCEMENT: The BTVA server has moved servers and undergone major code changes. If you experience any issues, please report them here

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 03-18-2014   #1
SupremeTarantulas

Default Transformers: Robots in Disguise (2015)

I figure we can discuss our expectations on it here, then rename it when the show premieres.

First off, How many years after are we talking about? Possibility of appearances by an older wiser Raf? Or maybe Jack or Miko? Still like their fates addressed. Maybe appearances by the rest of the cast too. I'm thinking something along the lines of Energon, but I could be wrong. and I kind of hope we learn of the fates and Starscream as well, maybe even Predaking. plus guest appearances by Ratchet, Arcee, and Bulkhead and an older Agent Fowler, and hopefully Knockout will be series regular, or get plenty of episodes as a recurring one. I hope KnockOut is a part of his team, or gt plenty of episodes as recurring character. We never got much of him as Autobot, so maybe this can redeem that, and other Prime failures.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 11-10-2014 at 09:40 PM. Reason: Retitled thread.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #2
WTDylio

Default Re: New Transformers Series

Oh man i'd love to see more of Knockout, he could be great as a team member, but I don't know as to what sort of tone the new show will have, will it it be more "dark" (not really) like Prime, or a more fun show like Rescue bots, or a mix. I'd like to see some new creativity with the villains, i'm currently worrying that it'll just be Megatron coming back with some new decepticons, yay. I would love to see maybe the dinobots showing up though, I think they could be great, especially if the show is a bit more fun.

If it's a sequel to Prime, then it seems almost certain that we'll see cameos from the old cast, except Optimus, obviously (unless he comes back, again). I do actually want to see the kids again, just to see how they've moved on, have they said where the show is taking place yet? If it's Earth, then they will probably will re-appear, ooh, maybe we'll see if Jacks mum and Fowler ever got together......
WTDylio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #3
DreamMaster08X

Post Re: New Transformers Series

My comment on its announcement in the news section seems a bit too bitter about the show, but truth be told, I am still giving it a chance regardless. Perhaps maybe because it means another Transformers show for me to watch (and the true first show I'll see since first airings from the very beginning. The comment still stand that I don't like its supposed connection to Prime (again, for reasons I've already stated), but I will always give it a pass.

So long as Bay's not involved in the project in any way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
....maybe this can redeem that, and other Prime failures.
Maybe. But with the style and tone that the new show may go for, that probably unlikely.

Also, I resent that sentence: the show ended way earlier than I believe was intended (I KNOW more had to have been planned beforehand). Not to mention that [IMO, of course] its number of 'failures' doesn't differs much from, say, G1 and Animated (though TFA did get canceled, to be fair).

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTDylio View Post
If it's a sequel to Prime, then it seems almost certain that we'll see cameos from the old cast, except Optimus, obviously (unless he comes back, again). I do actually want to see the kids again, just to see how they've moved on, have they said where the show is taking place yet? If it's Earth, then they will probably will re-appear.
It sounds like the show is leaning more towards a permanent setting on Cybertron, meaning that human cameos may be almost non-existent.

If that's the case, then I will truly miss the kids.

Quote:
Ooh, maybe we'll see if Jacks mum and Fowler ever got together......
Honest to God, I hope we don't. It's just too much of a strange pairing to work in any way.

"Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo: so little time, so much to know!"
~Jeremy Hillary Boob, Ph.D. - Yellow Submarine [1968]

Album of the Week: "Deep Purple In Rock" by Deep Purple
DreamMaster08X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #4
Autovolt

The new show has the potential to be pretty fun. I like that Will Friedle is still Bumblebee, though I'm worried that most of the Prime cast is getting the boot for this, much like most of Armada's characters were for Energon.

I for one hope that Fowler and June did get together and perhaps Jack has a younger half sibling now.
Autovolt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #5
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
I figure we can discuss our expectations on it here, then rename it when the show premieres.

First off, How many years after are we talking about? Possibility of appearances by an older wiser Raph? Or maybe Jack or Miko? Still like their fates addressed. Maybe appearances by the rest of the cast too. I'm thinking something along the lines of Energon, but I could be wrong. and I kind of hope we learn of the fates and Starscream as well, maybe even Predaking. plus guest appearances by Ratchet, Arcee, and Bulkhead and an older Agent Fowler, and hopefully Knockout will be series regular, or get plenty of episodes as a recurring one. I hope KnockOut is a part of his team, or gt plenty of episodes as recurring character. We never got much of him as Autobot, so maybe this can redeem that, and other Prime failures.
Quote:
Oh man i'd love to see more of Knockout, he could be great as a team member, but I don't know as to what sort of tone the new show will have, will it it be more "dark" (not really) like Prime, or a more fun show like Rescue bots, or a mix. I'd like to see some new creativity with the villains, i'm currently worrying that it'll just be Megatron coming back with some new decepticons, yay. I would love to see maybe the dinobots showing up though, I think they could be great, especially if the show is a bit more fun.

If it's a sequel to Prime, then it seems almost certain that we'll see cameos from the old cast, except Optimus, obviously (unless he comes back, again). I do actually want to see the kids again, just to see how they've moved on, have they said where the show is taking place yet? If it's Earth, then they will probably will re-appear, ooh, maybe we'll see if Jacks mum and Fowler ever got together......
I'm more into finding out about Jack and Sierra, the fact that they pretty much abandoned her for all we know annoyed me. Megatron stated the Deceptions were no more, and moved on to who knows what. I wouldn't mind if this show reveals what it was. I didn't care for that ending since his death was too epic, and this ruined it. He deserved to stay dead, but as least he won't be on this show, as a villain anyway, unless they change this, and pull a Beast Machines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMaster08X View Post
My comment on its announcement in the news section seems a bit too bitter about the show, but truth be told, I am still giving it a chance regardless. Perhaps maybe because it means another Transformers show for me to watch (and the true first show I'll see since first airings from the very beginning. The comment still stand that I don't like its supposed connection to Prime (again, for reasons I've already stated), but I will always give it a pass.

Maybe. But with the style and tone that the new show may go for, that probably unlikely.

Also, I resent that sentence: the show ended way earlier than I believe was intended (I KNOW more had to have been planned beforehand). Not to mention that [IMO, of course] its number of 'failures' doesn't differs much from, say, G1 and Animated (though TFA did get canceled, to be fair).

It sounds like the show is leaning more towards a permanent setting on Cybertron, meaning that human cameos may be almost non-existent.

If that's the case, then I will truly miss the kids.

I compared it to Energon, something I highlighted in bold. This comparison is based on the fact that we had

Honest to God, I hope we don't. It's just too much of a strange pairing to work in any way.
A few things.

It was Hasbro's fault we only got 13 episodes as they wanted to focus on Age Of Extinction. Strangely my Wal-mart is still selling Beast Hunters toys.

Also I compared it to Energon, something I highlighted in bold. This comparison is based on the fact that we had adult versions of Rad, Alexis, and Carlos, showing up on places like Mars or wherever points out that humans aren't limited to Earth, plus the fact that Jack has been to Cybertron. I can see them going there as agents if they appear, though they could still be in their teens, if this immediately after Predacons Rising. Maybe Bumblebee could compare an Autobot to Raf, and then recall their adventures to that Autobot, and maybe state what happened to Raf since, like it's been a few years since Predacons Rising.
Old 03-18-2014   #6
DreamMaster08X

Post Re: New Transformers Series

Quote:
It was Hasbro's fault we only got 13 episodes as they wanted to focus on Age Of Extinction.
They BETTER not throw a three-fer with any future Transformers shows. First, Animated got canned after the [financial] success of Revenge of the Fallen () and the need to put more focus on more live-action films; Prime has fallen into the same pitfall now, too, which absolutely sucks because if it hadn't, the series I believe would be better received than I keep seeing amongst everywhere. And I will shamelessly admit: as much as I am not a fan of Animated (not like everyone else praises), I do think it should've continue on in spite of the Bayformers films going on, since it was just getting started with bigger ideas.

This is why I HOPE TO GOD that Age of Extinction is going to change the live-action movies for the greater good: if not, then I will have ZERO faith in any of the upcoming releases. Sorry for my harshness, but the Bayformers have brought out to much of my [smaller] pessimistic side.

"Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo: so little time, so much to know!"
~Jeremy Hillary Boob, Ph.D. - Yellow Submarine [1968]

Album of the Week: "Deep Purple In Rock" by Deep Purple
DreamMaster08X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #7
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

I wouldn't get your hopes up about the new show addressing things like Jack/Sierra, Airachnid/Insecticons' fate, June/Fowler, etc.. If TFP itself didn't address those items, then I doubt that this new series set years afterwards and more than likely in a completely different environment would.

TFP had its chance to address storypoints in its very own show, and it didn't. So why throw those ideas into a show that's trying to do something different? Just tell a new story.

If the show can blend a happy-medium between TFP and RB in terms of overall tone, then I'll be happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMaster08X View Post
Insert obligatory "we have to make sure to address Bayformers even though the topic has nothing to do with it"-comment. :p

Quote:
It was Hasbro's fault we only got 13 episodes as they wanted to focus on Age Of Extinction.
Eh, yes and no.

"When we first started, we had ideas for where we wanted to go with longer term arcs; we knew where we wanted to get to at the end of Season 1, Season 2, Season 3. We planned out three seasons with no idea if we’d ever get that far. What we discovered early on, especially in Season 2, because we kept getting bigger and bigger, we wanted it to get more epic and the idea of having every episode be self-contained became impossible. And we burned through our three years of story early in Season 2. Which is pretty typical." - Jeff Kline

Given that the push for AoE didn't happen until earlier this year, they could've easily continued on with at least another 10 episodes if they wanted to. S3 only getting 13 episodes is not because of them saying "Snap, we need to cut short this show to focus on Bay's next flick", it's because that's what their story needed (or what they thought it needed). It wasn't some sort of sudden realization that they should cut it short in favour of AoE.

The season finale of season three was in July 2013. If they really wanted to, they had the rest of 2013 for season three - if they had planned it out that way. But they didn't. These things are planned out so meticulously, it was more-than-likely always their plan for season three to be short and end in the summer of 2013. Heck, season three was probably fully planned out an entire year before it aired.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 03-18-2014 at 05:46 PM.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014   #8
SupremeTarantulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
I wouldn't get your hopes up about the new show addressing things like Jack/Sierra, Airachnid/Insecticons' fate, June/Fowler, etc.. If TFP itself didn't address those items, then I doubt that this new series set years afterwards and more than likely in a completely different environment would.

TFP had its chance to address storypoints in its very own show, and it didn't. So why throw those ideas into a show that's trying to do something different? Just tell a new story.

If the show can blend a happy-medium between TFP and RB in terms of overall tone, then I'll be happy.

Insert obligatory "we have to make sure to address Bayformers even though the topic has nothing to do with it"-comment. :p

Eh, yes and no.

"When we first started, we had ideas for where we wanted to go with longer term arcs; we knew where we wanted to get to at the end of Season 1, Season 2, Season 3. We planned out three seasons with no idea if we’d ever get that far. What we discovered early on, especially in Season 2, because we kept getting bigger and bigger, we wanted it to get more epic and the idea of having every episode be self-contained became impossible. And we burned through our three years of story early in Season 2. Which is pretty typical." - Jeff Kline

Given that the push for AoE didn't happen until earlier this year, they could've easily continued on with at least another 10 episodes if they wanted to. S3 only getting 13 episodes is not because of them saying "Snap, we need to cut short this show to focus on Bay's next flick", it's because that's what their story needed (or what they thought it needed). It wasn't some sort of sudden realization that they should cut it short in favour of AoE.

The season finale of season three was in July 2013. If they really wanted to, they had the rest of 2013 for season three - if they had planned it out that way. But they didn't. These things are planned out so meticulously, it was more-than-likely always their plan for season three to be short and end in the summer of 2013. Heck, season three was probably fully planned out an entire year before it aired.
What I'm saying though, that if this is a continuation, they could merely mention what happened between Jack and Sierra, but so far if any character is going to be brought up, or have their future mentioned, it's more likely to be Raf above anyone else.

Second of all, regarding what else I highlighted, BUUUUURRRRNNN.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 03-18-2014 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-18-2014   #9
Polyester Funk

I'm just gonna have a wait and see approach. Will Friedle was really cool as Bumblebee in Predacons Rising and getting more of him sounds cool. Adding new characters is a good idea, but they do need to have the TFP cast appear somewhere, somehow since this is a continuation. I expect that they will. Starscream and Shockwave were still at large and Soundwave was trapped in the Shadowzone(if they pick that up again). Megatron seemed to reform so we most likely will see new enemies. Whether they be Decepticons or something else. And, the Predacons should have some kind of involvement.

I do hope they find a good balance between lighthearted stuff and the action. Prime was quite dark and serious, and hopefully they won't go in the total opposite direction and make this too kid-friendly. So far I don't really have a reason to think so, it's just still a concern.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014   #10
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
What I'm saying though, that if this is a continuation, they could merely mention what happened between Jack and Sierra, but so far if any character is going to be brought up, or have their future mentioned, it's more likely to be Raf above anyone else.

Second of all, regarding what else I highlighted, BUUUUURRRRNNN.
I agree that'd be nice for them to address certain points, but the simple fact still remains that it was an extremely minor plot point in TFP that had absolutely no bearing on the show as a whole, let alone this new spin-off/sequel-esque series.

Asking for a Jack/Sierra explanation at this point in the series is like asking Age of Ultron to address how/why Tony has his Mark II/Mark II armor intact in Iron Man 2 onward (considering both armors were either commandeered for War Machine or heavily damaged). Does it matter? No. Is it that big of a deal? No. Will it have any impact on the franchise whatsoever? Nope. So why bother?

I mean, yeah, if they can throw in adult versions of Raf/Jack/Miko, or have Fowler as a recurring role or Magnus in there, sure, I'd be cool with that. But as I keep saying, it depends entirely on the direction they choose to take the story.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote