Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 02-11-2012   #1
Hayworth

Default Leijiverse Dream Casts

For anything Leiji Matsumoto, since all his stuff has its own pocket universe

Space Pirate Captain Harlock (LA)
(No reprisals from Endless Odyssey. Not that the cast there was BAD, but I wouldn't mind starting from scratch.)

Captain Harlock - Patrick Seitz
Tadashi Daiba - Quinton Flynn
Kei Yuki - Cristina Valenzuela
Yattaran - Wally Wingert
Miime - Bridget Hoffman
Dr. Zero - Bob Joles
Miss Masu - Debi Mae West
Maji - Daran Norris

Galaxy Express 999 (FUNi)

Tetsuro Hoshino - Brina Palencia
Maetel - Shelley Calene-Black
Conductor - Christopher Ayres
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #2
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Default Re: Leijiverse Dream Casts

Been watching this piece of gold recently. I've seen Harlock & the majority of Space Battleship Yamato in Japanese, but I feel like I can speak more for Gun Frontier as I've seen (a part of) it in English (plus I'm watching it as we speak, so it's fresh in my mind).

Gun Frontier:
Tochiro - Rob Paulsen
Harlock Jr. - Brian Bloom (or Nathan Fillion, or Marc Worden)
Sinunora - Vanessa Marshall
Narrator - Bryan Cranston

Additional Voices: Whoever Troodon inevitably comes up with.
huzaifa_ahmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #3
Troodon2

Quote:
Additional Voices: Whoever Troodon inevitably comes up with.
Uh, I'm flattered... but I'm sure you can think of some additional voice over roles yourself.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017   #4
Hayworth

Man it's been a while since I made this thread, hahaha. There's a lot in the first post I'd probably change

Paulsen as Tochiro could be great. I feel like there are a couple different ways he could approach it. Never been a huge fan of Shinunora as a character, but Marshall I think would make her more likable anyway

Bloom and Worden would be solid choices for Harlock. Nathan Fillion... I dunno, I guess he'd be good as Gun Frontier Harlock, but I can't really see him as any other incarnation, much as I love the guy. And while I'm always in favor of Bryan Cranston in anything (who might have actually been in Harmony Gold's dubs of 999 and Harlock!) I think the GF narrator needs some more boom and weight to his voice. Though I'm probably just stuck on Tom Wyner, who was perfect

It's been a minute since I've watched or read Gun Frontier, but I'd want to fill out the cast with as many Western character actors as possible. Your Stephen Roots and your Keith Carradines and what have you...
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017   #5
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Thanks for your response, Hayworth. Valuable insight & we now finally realize that your avatar was not, in fact, the Cheshire Cat. :]

I did indeed consider Fillion solely for Wild West Harlock. In fact while listening to this show in Japanese (I loved the dub but wanted my source info for my cast as pure as possible, so to speak), Harlock's VA actually reminded me of Patrick Seitz, but I really felt Brian or Marc (& for accent specifically Nathan Fillion) would be more suitable. Neal McDonough comes up as well.

For the narrator, I actually thought of Powers Boothe, but...😩

I finished the show & I thought Kate Higgins would suit Shizuoka.
Old 06-07-2017   #6
huzaifa_ahmed
Banned

Thanks for your response, Hayworth. Valuable insight & we now finally realize that your avatar was not, in fact, the Cheshire Cat. :]

I did indeed consider Fillion solely for Wild West Harlock. In fact while listening to this show in Japanese (I loved the dub but wanted my source info for my cast as pure as possible, so to speak), Harlock's VA actually reminded me of Patrick Seitz, but I really felt Brian or Marc (& for accent specifically Nathan Fillion) would be more suitable. Neal McDonough comes up as well.

For the narrator, I actually thought of Powers Boothe, but...😩

I finished the show & I thought Kate Higgins would suit Shizuku. I want to do the one-off characters too but can't find a convenient guide..