Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 01-29-2018   #461
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: The "Say Hello to Everyone" Introduction MEGA THREAD for New Members

Welcome to Enchlore, HeartThief, Lord_Sicarius, Lumicube and Togepi! Hope you enjoy your stay!
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018   #462
SaltierThanThou

Default Re: The "Say Hello to Everyone" Introduction MEGA THREAD for New Members

Hello there, everyone.

So, I am very new to the whole concept of voice acting and I came here in hopes of finding people to be friendos with and hopefully some more experienced voice actor to help me out along my journey.

I've been a fan of anime and video games for a good long while. I'm also a crazy cat lady and an amateur writer.
SaltierThanThou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018   #463
Michael Wills

Default Hey, guys!

Hi guys on BehindTheVoiceActors forum, my name is Michael/26/male living in the United States. I am not aspiring to do professional voice acting now, but I want to learn how to train my projection/style to sound like one. This is because I am diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, and I have a nasally voice. There was another poster I saw who said he is diagnosed and he also said his voice is nasally.
Michael Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018   #464
Troodon2

Default Re: Hey, guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Wills View Post
Hi guys on BehindTheVoiceActors forum, my name is Michael/26/male living in the United States. I am not aspiring to do professional voice acting now, but I want to learn how to train my projection/style to sound like one. This is because I am diagnosed with Asperger's Syndrome, and I have a nasally voice. There was another poster I saw who said he is diagnosed and he also said his voice is nasally.
It may be because you have Nasal Septum Deviation, it's not uncommon for people within the autistic spectrum to have inflammation in their nasal region as well as excess secretion in their throat or vocal cords.

Only recently did I hear of it, I'm considering surgery but it's pretty pricey and unfortunately my insurance won't cover it due to a recent merger so I may have to pay out of my pocket.

But other than that, there are plenty of tips to become a better voice artist: vocal warm-ups like scales, eating low cal foods and drinking plenty of water, vocal rest, ect.

It's not easy, and it's gonna take a lot of time and practice if you want to improve your range as well as get better at acting.

Last edited by Troodon2; 05-31-2018 at 11:38 PM.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2018   #465
PsychicVoiceSpy

This is a great video that explains how you can project your voice from "your mask" rather than your nose, and how to breathe using your diaphragm, both of which should help quite a bit to make your voice sound more appealing.

https://youtu.be/z4SW_xMueXU

It's also narrated by D.C. Douglas, so this is technically coming from a pro.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018   #466
"But Still"

Hello everyone,

I have a confession to make. I joined this forum before I realised it was focused on voice actors for animation and video games. You see, I found this site after I did a web search for Simon Broad, who I best know for dubbing live action Hong Kong movies. After finding Simon I saw you had Barry Haigh, Rick Thomas and John Culkin who I know for the same reason. Which got me excited enough to join.

However I do still have an interest in animation and video games.

So I still might be able to have some input to the forums, for example: (I believe) Chris Hilton and Ted Thomas provided some of the English dub voices for the anime: Space Firebird aka Phoenix 2772 (火の鳥2772). I'm not too sure how well known that is?
"But Still" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018   #467
"But Still"

Hello everyone,

I have a confession to make, I ended up joining this forum before I realised it was focused on voice acting for animation and video games. What happened was, I did a web search for Simon Broad and found the site. I know Simon best for dubbing live action Hong Kong movies. Then when I saw Rick Thomas and Barry Haigh's mentioned. It got me excited enough to join.

I do also have an interest in animation and video games. So maybe I'll still be able to have some input into the forum. For example I believe Chris Hilton and Ted Thomas, did the English voices for the anime 火の鳥2772 Phoenix 2772 aka Space Firebird 2772. I'm not too sure how well known that is?
"But Still" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2018   #468
Michael Wills

That's nice, by the way.

Sorry for the later reply.
Michael Wills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2018   #469
crazy dubs

Hey there I am new I also wrote an official introduction as an external topic in this very chat sub-forum.

Let us all do our best to get more experience out of our passion, okay?

Heaven Or Hell, Let's Rock!
crazy dubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018   #470
Skyrish19

Hello, my name is Skyrish19 and i'm from the Philippines. I've been on this site since 2011 so today this is my first time on the forums.
Skyrish19 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, advice, anime, assistance needed, audition, avengers emh, bad english, british, english, enthusiasm, french, friendly, girl, graphic design, hello there, horror movie director, introduction, introductions, jeff bennett, joe winko, kazutoification, let's dub, linguist, london, music, nerd, new member, new user, newbie, noob, please be nice, pokemon, presentation, scooby-doo, shared account, sims 2, skype, snes, song, translation, voice acting, voice acting actor, voice actor, voice actress, voice training, wii