Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 03-05-2018   #11
Hayworth

Default Re: Was there really a 1986 dub of Night on the Galactic Railroad?

Pretty sure I saw Hal Smith credited as the Wireless Operator on the ANN page around the last time I rewatched the movie (four months ago?) but had no clue about the bogus credits guy. Looks like he shifted up his fantasy cast a bit

Funny, I'd actually watched it with Mike Toole and Shawn Kleckner's commentary on, and they mentioned how they had talked with multiple parties about the alleged 1980's release, who swore they saw it or saw that it was playing at an actual theater... but there's just no paper trail. No ticket records, screentimes, nothing. On the off-chance it exists it's the Keyser Soze of anime dubs
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018   #12
whyofbladez

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyofbladez View Post
Yeah; I've encountered the guy who does these made-up cast lists before on ANN. I know because all he ever puts for the source is the title of the entry. This guy's full of it; ANN should just straight-up ban him.

He tried posting a bunch of LA actors for the Hong Kong-dubbed "Locke the Superman". Even more laughable is him claiming it was directed by Wally Burr; who we all know was a stringent perfectionist. "Akira" may have shown that he wasn't as well a fit for anime dubbing as pre-lay, but he still wouldn't have directed something that sounds like this.
I feel pretty sure I know the person behind these false entries now, I banned them from my wiki project for not sourcing their claims / cluttering pages / refusing to format properly, and I have no regrets now.

They go by the username timmypizza on wikia; the reason I know it's them is that this person also put a bunch of Los Angeles-based voice actors (such as Steve Bulen and Edie Mirman) for the JAL dub of "Porco Rosso" (which was dubbed in Tokyo) on the Lost Media Wiki. I think this person is either a child or has some problems judging by the way they communicate.
whyofbladez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018   #13
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayworth View Post
Pretty sure I saw Hal Smith credited as the Wireless Operator on the ANN page around the last time I rewatched the movie (four months ago?) but had no clue about the bogus credits guy. Looks like he shifted up his fantasy cast a bit

Funny, I'd actually watched it with Mike Toole and Shawn Kleckner's commentary on, and they mentioned how they had talked with multiple parties about the alleged 1980's release, who swore they saw it or saw that it was playing at an actual theater... but there's just no paper trail. No ticket records, screentimes, nothing. On the off-chance it exists it's the Keyser Soze of anime dubs
Wow that's bizarre.

Must be the Mandela Effect.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote