Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Report Mistakes

Report Mistakes Report all errors here so we can fix them right away!

Old 09-03-2015   #11
Kioea

Default Re: Teryl Rothery as Launch in DBZ? Doubtful

That may well be, but it wasn't for Ocean. Those scenes were only restored in the FUNi Remastered version. Or perhaps you mean Blue Water DB?
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015   #12
ajhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioea View Post
That may well be, but it wasn't for Ocean. Those scenes were only restored in the FUNi Remastered version. Or perhaps you mean Blue Water DB?
I don't know it was on YTV in the mid 90's to early 00's but maybe this can help? http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ocean_Group_dubs

I also remember watching Dragonball in the early 90's then it came back mid 00's but that is going a little off topic

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

ajhz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015   #13
Kioea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajhz View Post
I don't know it was on YTV in the mid 90's to early 00's but maybe this can help? http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Ocean_Group_dubs

I also remember watching Dragonball in the early 90's then it came back mid 00's but that is going a little off topic
I know the exact dubs you mean - I saw them as well - and I can say with 100% certainty that Launch wasn't in the original FUNi-Ocean broadcast of Z. I also have the Rock the Dragon box set, which covers that broadcast, and she's definitely not there. The only times I saw Launch during the original run was in a group photo during the Saiyan Saga, and (when FUNimation took over) as one of the people Goku realises he'll let down if Frieza wins. In both cases, she had no lines, and my abiding thought on seeing her was, "Who the heck's that?" So I had no idea who she was until DB began its proper broadcast.
On the subject of DB, the version she first properly appeared on in Canada (and the UK as well) was the Blue Water dub. In FUNimation's original '95 collaboration with Ocean and Saban, they cut off after 13 episodes (and one movie), so we were left hanging just before Launch was set to appear. And before you ask, I have that as well (boy, was that a lucky find!), and I'm still ticked that they dropped it after the narrator promised us a tournament. So unfortunately, Launch never had an Ocean voice.
Don't get me wrong, I'm really sorry that those credits are incorrect. Both Cathy and Teryl would've been amazing as the two sides of Launch. But sadly, unless they recorded dialogue that was then dropped (hey, it's still possible), it seems it didn't happen.
Kioea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015   #14
ajhz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioea View Post
I know the exact dubs you mean - I saw them as well - and I can say with 100% certainty that Launch wasn't in the original FUNi-Ocean broadcast of Z. I also have the Rock the Dragon box set, which covers that broadcast, and she's definitely not there. The only times I saw Launch during the original run was in a group photo during the Saiyan Saga, and (when FUNimation took over) as one of the people Goku realises he'll let down if Frieza wins. In both cases, she had no lines, and my abiding thought on seeing her was, "Who the heck's that?" So I had no idea who she was until DB began its proper broadcast.
On the subject of DB, the version she first properly appeared on in Canada (and the UK as well) was the Blue Water dub. In FUNimation's original '95 collaboration with Ocean and Saban, they cut off after 13 episodes (and one movie), so we were left hanging just before Launch was set to appear. And before you ask, I have that as well (boy, was that a lucky find!), and I'm still ticked that they dropped it after the narrator promised us a tournament. So unfortunately, Launch never had an Ocean voice.
Don't get me wrong, I'm really sorry that those credits are incorrect. Both Cathy and Teryl would've been amazing as the two sides of Launch. But sadly, unless they recorded dialogue that was then dropped (hey, it's still possible), it seems it didn't happen.
I kept telling someone that the Dragon Ball episodes were cut and I remember that well but he didn't believe me. I am just glad they came back to YTV years later with the whole thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reliability_of_Wikipedia

ajhz is offline   Reply With Quote