Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 07-14-2014   #1
Fulgore2005

Post Tekken 7

Tekken 7 is on its way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMIZQ1JQhFE (English)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLMe0bLiEwU (Japanese)

Last edited by Fulgore2005; 07-14-2014 at 09:06 AM.
Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #2
akersaotome

Default Re: Tekken 7

It was interesting to see that the English audio trailer was released at Evo 2014, instead of the Japanese audio. Is it possible that this game could have audio language option for the characters, similarly to how current Capcom fighting games are?

I was hoping that Katsuhiro Harada would reveal a Tekken x Street Fighter trailer at Evo. However, that idea was squashed thanks to a Tekken 7 leak early on Sunday morning.

The only thing to wait for is San Diego Comic Con for more news.
akersaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #3
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Tekken 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by akersaotome View Post
It was interesting to see that the English audio trailer was released at Evo 2014, instead of the Japanese audio. Is it possible that this game could have audio language option for the characters, similarly to how current Capcom fighting games are?

I was hoping that Katsuhiro Harada would reveal a Tekken x Street Fighter trailer at Evo. However, that idea was squashed thanks to a Tekken 7 leak early on Sunday morning.

The only thing to wait for is San Diego Comic Con for more news.
Sounds like a possibility. I found that there were two trailers: one with Japanese, and one with English audio.

Old 07-14-2014   #4
solidejake

They're using Unreal Engine 4 for this? It's gonna look like a pretty game then! That pretty much confirms that it's going to be on PS4/XBONE only then, seeing as how Harada said that Tekken isn't coming to PC. Still, really wish they'd make TxSF to show Capcom how to not only make a crossover game, but how to treat their fans.
Old 07-14-2014   #5
BoondocksXAfrofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidejake View Post
They're using Unreal Engine 4 for this? It's gonna look like a pretty game then! That pretty much confirms that it's going to be on PS4/XBONE only then, seeing as how Harada said that Tekken isn't coming to PC. Still, really wish they'd make TxSF to show Capcom how to not only make a crossover game, but how to treat their fans.
I personally enjoyed SFXT on my vita I though it's fun to play. My only issue with that game was the stupid jewel system where you have to choose different colored jewels to balance the characters gameplay and inputs movements. But,I do understand the game was hated though.
BoondocksXAfrofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014   #6
BoondocksXAfrofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
Sounds like a possibility. I found that there were two trailers: one with Japanese, and one with English audio.
How do you feel about the new Tekken having a duo audio option? I Personally am excited but then again I liked what Tekken did in tag 2 with having all the characters speaking their native, oh have you seen the comments section to the English trailer? I have to say most of the hardcore Tekken fans aren't to happy with the change........sigh. I'm not a Tekken fan but I do own some Tekken games on my vita and I have to say I don't care if they have a duo audio option. as long as they bring back Raven and Lili then I'm satisfied. However, I do hope that they bring this game to the Ps3 as well but I highly doubt they will.
Old 07-15-2014   #7
Fulgore2005

Post Re: Tekken 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoondocksXAfrofan View Post
How do you feel about the new Tekken having a duo audio option? I Personally am excited but then again I liked what Tekken did in tag 2 with having all the characters speaking their native, oh have you seen the comments section to the English trailer? I have to say most of the hardcore Tekken fans aren't to happy with the change........sigh. I'm not a Tekken fan but I do own some Tekken games on my vita and I have to say I don't care if they have a duo audio option. as long as they bring back Raven and Lili then I'm satisfied. However, I do hope that they bring this game to the Ps3 as well but I highly doubt they will.
I personally don't mind if they wanted to use English audio. The likes of Street Fighter x Tekken had good choices for English voices IMO.

Old 07-15-2014   #8
BoondocksXAfrofan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulgore2005 View Post
I personally don't mind if they wanted to use English audio. The likes of Street Fighter x Tekken had good choices for English voices IMO.
Yeah I agree 100% but you then again, you got those dub hating Tekken fans who will disapprove of it even though having a duo audio option for the this game isn't even their choice it's most definitely Namco's choice. May I ask, Are there some hardcore Tekken fans who hate new comers or casuals to the franchise? if so why? I'll honestly will never understand the elitism crap the the fighting game community has it's really petty and stupid to put down someone because of their gender or if they're new or suck at fighting games in general.