Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 06-14-2018   #381
RetroPokeFan

Default Re: Unpopular Opinions

Despite the XY series being a favourite of mine in most cases it isn't 100% perfect.

Serena improved as a character later on but I found her to be rather dull at the start of the series.

The plot involving those Malamar looked intriguing.... and then the show just randomly abandons it all for no reason.

Animation although nice isn't always amazing (eg: filler ep before the league).

Greninja's release is easily one of the most forced in the history of the series, I mean I get this is all just one huge advertisement for the game and Ash pretty much has to leave most of his Pokemon for the next region but the entire episode and excuse for our froggy's departure was just dreadful, not to mention it contradicts some of Zygarde's character.

Ignoring our Pokeman stuff, I'd actually love to see actors like Eric Bauza get involved in anime more.

*he says as he probably posted that somewhere before*
RetroPokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018   #382
Autovolt

Send a message via Skype™ to Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPokeFan View Post
Despite the XY series being a favourite of mine in most cases it isn't 100% perfect.

Serena improved as a character later on but I found her to be rather dull at the start of the series.

The plot involving those Malamar looked intriguing.... and then the show just randomly abandons it all for no reason.

Animation although nice isn't always amazing (eg: filler ep before the league).

Greninja's release is easily one of the most forced in the history of the series, I mean I get this is all just one huge advertisement for the game and Ash pretty much has to leave most of his Pokemon for the next region but the entire episode and excuse for our froggy's departure was just dreadful, not to mention it contradicts some of Zygarde's character.

Ignoring our Pokeman stuff, I'd actually love to see actors like Eric Bauza get involved in anime more.

*he says as he probably posted that somewhere before*
LOL i admit never actually finished watching XY.

Yeah it had a lot of momentum but i think it fizzled out at the end.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018   #383
RetroPokeFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
LOL i admit never actually finished watching XY.

Yeah it had a lot of momentum but i think it fizzled out at the end.
Totally made up for it with the Team Flare arc and the nice ending but yep, this is pretty much where the quality kinda drops for me with XYZ. Too many filler episodes (and not even good ones at that), barely anything from Lysandre or Team Flare (with only bits and pieces of them throughout the series until the middle of the league), Showcases not really being my *chuckle* "Cup of Tea" despite Serena's improvement IMO, a dreadful boring league where battles are rushed through in mere seconds and due to that only Sawyer and Alain's battles were any good, Alain (though one of my favourite characters) saying he wasn't going to do the league and then the next second showing up for the league (probably a rewrite or something) and then to top it all off Greninja becomes the region's weed whacker for all of eternity in a dreadful release episode where Xerosic just feels shoved in and the emotional punch is missing in action.

I mean I still enjoy the XY series and there definitely are some great moments but looking back now, it's a good series but it really has some big flaws and the cracks really start showing towards the end.
RetroPokeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018   #384
8000 Saiyans

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPA Deane View Post
Justice League: Gods and Monsters was more Deserving of a Theatrical Release than 'Batman: The Killing Joke'.

I Can't Stand Romi Park's rendition of Edward Elric
Because it's a girl voicing Edward and not a man?
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018   #385
8000 Saiyans

The Ultimate Spider-Man comics are overrated. Sure, the characters might be more likable than the rest of the Ultimate Marvel universe, but that doesn't mean much to me. There are so many breakups between MJ and Peter and I can't even count the times the Green Goblin gets killed.

And do I need to talk about how unoriginal the design for the Green Goblin is?
8000 Saiyans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018   #386
PsychicVoiceSpy

This will mostly relevant to those who live in the southern states of the US, but as a Texan, I think biscuits and gravy SUCKS. Separately, I like both of those things, but I think that when combined, it's just gross, especially from a texture perspective. A biscuit is primarily made of flour, salt, butter and milk. What is cream gravy made of? Flour, salt, milk, and a source of fat like bacon grease, sausage grease, butter, and so on.

So you're basically pouring hot flour, salt and milk over a piece of buttery bread made with flour, salt, and milk. Sound redundant? It is. Now, I'll eat gravy over mashed potatoes or chicken fried steak, and I'll eat a biscuit or two on occasion with breakfast, but putting gravy on biscuits is gross. Why? It just becomes a soggy, doughy, salty mess. The flavor of milk and flour is too strong, and the texture is gross.

Besides, one of the best things biscuits have going for them is their texture. Ruin the texture, and the biscuit loses pretty much all of its appeal. That's why, even as a southerner, I can't help but look at people (internally, or when they're not looking, lol) who eat this stuff like they're crazy.

My dad said that the reason a lot of people enjoy it is because back in the day, it was extremely cheap and filling, and so farmers kind of HAD to eat it because it got them through the day on their low budgets. Since then, multiple generations grew up eating it, and they just kept passing it down. That's understandable.

What's not understandable to me, is that people in the south still treat it like it's some kind of delicacy. We need to be honest with ourselves. It's salty, milky, doughy slop.

Or... maybe that's just my opinion. And everyone's entitled to theirs. :-)

(Just keep that crap away from me.)
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018   #387
Troodon2

I think The US and Canada should be one big nation; at least back in colonial times if Canada came first or pushed their influences further down south so eventual the North American continent today would be a far more liberal superpower with more opportunities for everyone. At least in that scenario, The US part of the continent would be more like Canada and (almost) everyone would be kinder and smarter.

Plus, maybe the land would be even richer and the government could harness their wealth into funding their health care and education without over taxing people, and it can also provide more people more jobs, and perhaps trade would be be even more sufficient throughout the entire continent and could even prompt trade and welfare for other countries as well.

But that's just wishful thinking for me. ^^;

Last edited by Troodon2; 06-23-2018 at 01:20 PM.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018   #388
NCZ
Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
I think The US and Canada should be one big nation
No.
Old 06-23-2018   #389
TylerMirage
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
I think The US and Canada should be one big nation; at least back in colonial times if Canada came first or pushed their influences further down south so eventual the North American continent today would be a far more liberal superpower with more opportunities for everyone. At least in that scenario, The US part of the continent would be more like Canada and (almost) everyone would be kinder and smarter.
Honestly, I just wish California (throw Oregon and Washington in there, too) would join Canada, haha.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018   #390
Troodon2

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
No.
Well, at least I know it's unpopular. ^^;

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Honestly, I just wish California (throw Oregon and Washington in there, too) would join Canada, haha.
Maybe New York and Alaska to.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote