Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 11-27-2020   #1
arkhamjoe24

Default Tom and jerry movie question

I was just wondering are Mel blanc, June foray and William Hanna through archive recordings doing the voices of Tom and jerry movie along with Frank Welker. Because on several sites it just said frank welker this one included. I was just wondering because iím A huge Frank Welker fan
arkhamjoe24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021   #2
OliverM

Default Re: Tom and jerry movie question

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhamjoe24 View Post
I was just wondering if Mel Blanc, June Foray and William Hanna are doing the voices of Tom and Jerry in the movie through archive recordings along with Frank Welker. Because on several sites it just said Frank Welker this one included. I was just wondering because I'm a huge Frank Welker fan.
I watched the film last month, and throughout the film I did not hear any archive recordings of Mel Blanc and June Foray being used for Tom Cat and Jerry Mouse. From what I can remember, only archive recordings of William Hanna were used for Tom screaming when he falls down after being struck by lightning for the second time, Jerry closes the car door on Tom's tail, Tom is sent flying during the chase scene, and Jerry bites Tom's finger in the film's ending, and no archive recordings of Hanna were used for Jerry. Tom and Jerry's newer vocal effects throughout the film were actually provided by Kaiji Tang (Tom) and Andre Sogliuzzo (Jerry), not Frank Welker. Welker did not work in this film, due to the fact that his name is nowhere to be found in the credits.
Sources - https://twitter.com/KaijiTang/status...49863663366147 (Tom)
https://twitter.com/KaijiTang/status...73422553378820 (Tom)
https://twitter.com/AndreSogliuzzo/s...39855441563648 (Jerry)
OliverM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021   #3
VAKid

Huh, so i guess they also did voice the elephants and tiger during the wedding scene then? But then that begs the question, what about Droopy? Was he recycled audio, or was it Kaji or Andre who did the voice as well?
VAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021   #4
OliverM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAKid View Post
Huh, so i guess they also did voice the elephants and tiger during the wedding scene then? But then that begs the question, what about Droopy? Was he recycled audio, or was it Kaji or Andre who did the voice as well?
I asked Andre Sogliuzzo if he voiced Droopy, and he said that it was not him. I could ask Kaiji Tang on Twitter if he voiced Droopy, but I have the feeling that he might not have done the voice. That said, I think that Droopy's voice was provided by Jeff Bergman, since it sounds a lot like his take on Droopy in Tom and Jerry Meet Sherlock Holmes, although his name is nowhere to be found in the credits. As for the elephants, they are voiced in the UK version by Ben Shephard and Kate Garraway, and the tiger kind of sounds like Bobby Cannavale's Spike, especially when they say, "You," and "No, me." If not Cannavale, it could be Sogliuzzo (compare the tiger's "No, me," to Sogliuzzo's Leatherhead).

Last edited by OliverM; 08-27-2021 at 01:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2021   #5
arkhamjoe24

Well it says that frank did it so Iím more confused now especially it says on here that he did it, and heís appearing at fan x in Salt Lake City and his bio says he voiced him in the new tom and jerry movie
Old 09-06-2021   #6
OliverM

Quote:
Well it says that frank did it so I’m more confused now especially it says on here that he did it, and he’s appearing at fan x in Salt Lake City and his bio says he voiced him in the new tom and jerry movie
Pretty sure those many sites (including the unreliable Wikis) that you mentioned at the beginning of this thread and the people behind them assumed/guessed that Frank Welker voiced Tom and Jerry and accepted it as a fact, resulting in the characters being listed in Welker's BTVA biography (if that is what you mean), which I think is sloppy research, given that Welker himself is not listed in the film's credits and has not explicitly said that he worked on it.

Last edited by OliverM; 09-06-2021 at 04:53 AM.
Old 09-06-2021   #7
VAKid

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliverM View Post
Pretty sure those many sites (including the unreliable Wikis) that you mentioned at the beginning of this thread and the people behind them assumed/guessed that Frank Welker voiced Tom and Jerry and accepted it as a fact, resulting in the characters being listed in Welker's BTVA biography (if that is what you mean), which I think is sloppy research, given that Welker himself is not listed in the film's credits and has not explicitly said that he worked on it.
That and we already have confirmation from earlier stating who actually did do the voices.
VAKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2021   #8
arkhamjoe24

the reason why i'm confused because a lot of vas go uncredited in the credits? i thought maybe he did a little bit too. but if not then he didn't do it. maybe under the ask frank section of his website i'll ask him. Sorry for postng so much about it. I was just curious.
Old 09-06-2021   #9
OliverM

Quote:
the reason why i'm confused because a lot of vas go uncredited in the credits? i thought maybe he did a little bit too. but if not then he didn't do it. maybe under the ask frank section of his website i'll ask him. Sorry for postng so much about it. I was just curious.
That is okay.
Old 1 Day Ago   #10
OliverM

Found this Tweet saying that Frank Welker confirmed on his website that he didn't voice Tom and Jerry in the film at all. Only Kaiji Tang and Andrť Sogliuzzo did.