Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 04-18-2019   #21
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: Hellboy/BPRD

I think Hellboy is a franchise that needs more love and is ripe for various different kinds of animated portrayals. Where are all of the DTV videos at? Video games? TV shows? We can have friggin' eighty bajillion Spider-Man TV shows in 20 years, but nothing for Hellboy?

Anywho, I have to echo those who have said John DiMaggio, Clancy Brown and Mark Acheson as Hellboy. They're cliche choices, but goshdarn, do they work.

If you took Maurice LaMarche's "Baldwin-y" voice of Chief Burns and mixed it with some twang and rootin' tootin attitude of Rudy Guana (toned down, obviously), you might have a nice John Wayne-esque voice for him.

Gregg Berger and Keith Szarabajka might fit, too.

And just based on their sheer range, I'll toss in Keith Ferguson and Eric Bauza into the mix. Unlikely choices, but I have no doubt that somewhere in their throats they've got Hellboy. Wait...

And in terms of live-action, ever since others on the internet suggested Josh Brolin or Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Hellboy, I can't not see them as Big Red now...
Old 04-18-2019   #22
Troodon2

How about Travis Willingham?
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019   #23
The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
And just based on their sheer range, I'll toss in Keith Ferguson and Eric Bauza into the mix. Unlikely choices, but I have no doubt that somewhere in their throats they've got Hellboy. Wait...
Looking at characters like Bouncer Beagle from the Ducktales reboot or The Hammer from 2012's TMNT, I have little doubt that Eric could do fitting voice for HB and he certainly is versatile enough actor to get the personality down too. Great choice

The latter example got me thinking, if there ever was Into the Spider-Verse - styled Hellboy animated movie, Sylvester Stallone could be a great voice for the character in that. Andy Serkis or even Mickey Rourke could be pretty dope too.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019   #24
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
The latter example got me thinking, if there ever was Into the Spider-Verse - styled Hellboy animated movie, Sylvester Stallone could be a great voice for the character in that. Andy Serkis or even Mickey Rourke could be pretty dope too.
Those are some amazing ideas. I think I'd lose my sh!t if we ever got a multi-verse story of Hellboy...

If we're talking on-camera, Stallone's a great idea on paper due to his physical stature, dry attitude and voice, but I sadly can't see him actually going through with it. Not that he's super obnoxiou and egotistical, but he doesn't strike me as the kind of huge Hollywood star who would be onboard with hours in the make-up chair everyday for a role like this. I mean, who knows? If he was actually willing to do it, I'd be down to clown with it.

Andy Serkis has the range and voice, that's for sure. What he lacks in physical stature could be made up for with some platforms, costume padding and working out. He'd do the character justice in a way that I'm sure his short stature wouldn't even be an issue (a la RDJ as Tony Stark or Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher). My only complaint with that idea is that I'm sure he'd give his usual spiel of hELLboY iS a cHaRaCtEr wHo cAN oNLy bE BrOugHt tO LiFe pRoPeRLy tHroUgH mOtiOn-CapTuRe!

Mickey Rourke just needs to be painted red and he's good to go. He already looks like a goblin.

I've seen other people suggest Jeffrey Dean Morgan or Josh Brolin as Hellboy, and honestly, those are so bang-on that I'm disappointed we'll never actually see it.

And all of these actors would be great for strictly voiceover, too.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 04-27-2019 at 09:55 AM.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019   #25
The Doctor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Those are some amazing ideas. I think I'd lose my sh!t if we ever got a multi-verse story of Hellboy...
What I meant by "Into the Spider-Verse" - styled movie, was simply theatrically released high-profile animated movie with celebrity voice cast... but that doesn't mean a Hellboy story dealing with a multi-verse wouldn't be cool.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote