Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > Interviews with Voice Actors

Interviews with Voice Actors Conducted, listened to or read a great VA interview share your experiences here.

Old 09-30-2015   #21
Kirbopher

Default Re: Interview with the original English voice of Mewtwo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebr10 View Post
So I guess Michael Haigney would be the only person left to ask now (he was Blaine [Ted Lewis is a grossly inaccurate construct that needs to die a lot more than it already has] and Poliwhirl [this was before Stuart became the mainstay voice with Misty's Poliwhirl], so why not?). Maybe if we're lucky we can get some resolution about Lorelei and Jayne Grand at the same time.
Thanks for finding more answers.

Michael Haigney was not Blaine and "Jayne Grand" wasn't Lorelei/"Prima". For the latter, I asked her myself and she confirmed she wasn't. Michael Haigney also did not play the Orange Islands leader, "Danny" - which was Jim Malone; the show's other more prominent director. Lorelei's still a mystery, but after cross-checking some episodes of Slayers, I'm actually pretty sure "Roger Kay" (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Roger-Kay/) might've been Blaine. It'd add up, since he would've worked with those folks from prior to Pokemon, and a few of the incidentals he's credited for sound a lot like Blaine - then again, "oh it kinda sounds like so-and-so" is how we get a lot of these mistakes in the first place, so don't take my 100% word for it.
Kirbopher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016   #22
tlemmens10

First of all, I'm so amazed you were able to interview the original Mewtwo. And it's nice to learn all this information. I never knew, until today, that Jay Goede was also the voice of Dr. Fuji.

About Pokémon Puzzle league, I think THIS may be the case:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbopher View Post

In my opinion, I'd say it's pretty likely that Jay might've played Mewtwo on Puzzle League, and most likely forgot doing it. In some of my own personal experiences with these actors; by no fault of their own other than just plain old human nature...a lot of them really DON'T remember, or sometimes even know any of these finite details.
Maybe it's a silly example, but I met Fifth Doctor actor Peter Davison at a convention in may last year and he doesn't remember doing any of the Doctor Who audiobooks he's in, because he's voicing so many.

Mewtwo doesn't have a big amount of lines in the game, so it's possible Jay forgot he did them.

I really hope he returns to Pokémon some day in the future. Smash could've had him, but they wasted Mewtwo's return to the franchise by giving him almost no lines and keeping the Japanese actor for the ones he has.
tlemmens10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016   #23
rosebr10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbopher View Post
I'm actually pretty sure "Roger Kay" (http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Roger-Kay/) might've been Blaine.
Who is the same person as Michael Haigney (source: Facebook).

Last edited by rosebr10; 04-06-2016 at 10:03 AM.
rosebr10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016   #24
Dr.Who
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosebr10 View Post
Who is the same person as Michael Haigney (source: Facebook).

He did a great job as Blaine (and as voice director for most of the 4Kids dub). Props to Michael.
Dr.Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016   #25
A-Log

So Michael Haigney is Roger Kay? Didn't see that coming. Now I can see why he wasn't credtied, even though many have credited Mike for Psyduck.
A-Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2016   #26
technickal

Wow, major props to Rosebr. He unmasked not one, but two Pokémon VA aliases long shrouded in mystery.

Come to think of it, we should've gotten to this conclusion earlier. "Kay" was directly credited for Geodude in Pokémon Channel, and he's normally voiced by Michael Haigney. Combine that with the fact that we didn't have any further information on "Kay" besides his roles on Pokémon and The Slayers, along with Haigney being uncredited, and I don't know why we didn't put two and two together.

Rosebr, could you see if you can get any information on Aya's VA from him on Facebook?
technickal is offline   Reply With Quote