Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Animation Central > Disney

Disney Discuss Disney Shows

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2018   #1
sofiablythe2014
Junior Member
 
sofiablythe2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 73
Default Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Elena Of Avalor is a Disney Junior show centering on crown princess Elena Castilla Flores, from the fictional, Latin inspired kingdom of Avalor, set in the same universe as Craig Gerber's other series, Sofia The First. After being freed from Sofia's amulet , Elena rules Avalor as part of a Grand Council alongside her grandparents, her cousin Esteban, and her friend Naomi. Alongside Naomi and her other friends, Gabe and Mateo, Elena sets out to maintain peace and harmony in Avalor, and along the way, sets out to become a true ruler. She will deal with many enemies, including (later on) Shuriki, the woman who murdered her parents, trapped her grandparents and younger sister Isabel in a magic painting, and accidentally trapped her in the aforementioned amulet for 41 years. The show premiered on July 22, 2016.

In addition to Craig Gerber as creator and executive producer, the rest of the crew includes story editor and co-producer Silvia Olivas (Maya And Miguel, Pound Puppies 2010) supervising director Elliot M. Bour (Winnie The Pooh: Springtime With Roo, The Little Engine That Could 2011), and voice director Sam Riegel (Sofia The First, Wander Over Yonder).

The principle voice cast includes Aimee Carrero as Elena, Jenna Ortega as her younger sister Isabel, Julia Vera and Emiliano Diez as their grandparents Luisa and Francisco, Jillian Rose Reed as Naomi, Joseph Haro as Mateo, Jorge Diaz as Gabe, Carlos Alazraqui as Skylar, Yvette Nicole Brown as Luna, Chris Parnell as Migs (all three are Jaquins) , Keith Ferguson as Zuzo the spirit fox, Jane Fonda as Shuriki, Hector Elizondo as Fiero the malvago (a dark sorcerer), and Lou Diamond Phillips and Myrna Vallesco as the father daughter duo of Victor and Carla (who are Shuriki's allies).

The show is currently in its second season with a third season said to come out sometime next year.

Feel free to give your thoughts about anything involving the series below.

Last edited by sofiablythe2014; 09-30-2018 at 11:03 AM.
sofiablythe2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018   #2
RySenkari
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 179
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Since I don't watch Young and Hungry, this is the show that introduced me to how spectacularly talented Aimee Carrero is. She has a wonderful singing voice, does a great job voicing Elena, and I think she's gonna make a great She-Ra too.

I think Myrna Velasco (who voices Carla) has a nice long future as a voice actress in store. Great comic timing and she has a really fun sound to her voice that'll serve her well with other roles in the future.
RySenkari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018   #3
sofiablythe2014
Junior Member
 
sofiablythe2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 73
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

I did not expect them to actually kill Shuriki, and Elena willingly doing so with her scepter. Sure, they hint at her coming back, but still. That takes guts.
sofiablythe2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018   #4
sofiablythe2014
Junior Member
 
sofiablythe2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 73
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

https://youtu.be/lqSNndihF7c



I found the promo for the Christmas special. This should be fun.
sofiablythe2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #5
sofiablythe2014
Junior Member
 
sofiablythe2014's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 73
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Craig Gerber gave the plot synopsis for the Elena Of Avalor episode "Not Without My Magic". It's definitely interesting to say the least.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigGerb...69624761561090
sofiablythe2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 Weeks Ago   #6
BillieWillie
Junior Member
 
BillieWillie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2019
Location: London
Posts: 5
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sofiablythe2014 View Post
Craig Gerber gave the plot synopsis for the Elena Of Avalor episode "Not Without My Magic". It's definitely interesting to say the least.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CraigGerb...69624761561090
Yeah, rather interesting! thanks for sharing!
BillieWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #7
TwilightSofia
Junior Member
 
TwilightSofia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

https://youtu.be/jA5vfMdXNcI

I found this Elena Of Avalor podcast interview with Tom Rogers. Here are a few things he said:

1. At 38:40, he said that he's wrapped up on the writing for season 3, and is currently creating his own show. He also mentions that he's creating a show for Disney Junior.

2. At 47:05, he mentions having an affinity for monkeys. That definitely explains why he wrote both of Bobo's episodes.

3. At 50:55 , he mentions "Royal Rivalry", "Snow Place Like Home", and both of Bobo's episodes as his favorites.

4. At 54:25, he mentions a season 3 episode about Naomi and Elena , and how Naomi will be more of an independent person. He reinforces this point at 1:02:15.

5. At 58:00, when discussing Elena and Mateo's moment at the end of "Scepter Of Light", it's simply an expression of his uncertainty at his new position.

6. In regards to "King Of The Carnavale" and Esteban not admitting 100% of the truth, he said at 59:45 that secrets are never buried forever.

7. At 1:04:50, the network really pushed for the ending of "Snow Place Like Home", where Carla and Victor reunite with her mother/his wife.

8. At 1:07:15, he mentions a Luna based episode in April he wrote called "Luna's Big Leap". There's also a June episode called "Naomi Knows Best".
TwilightSofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 Week Ago   #8
CathyS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightSofia View Post
https://youtu.be/jA5vfMdXNcI

I found this Elena Of Avalor podcast interview with Tom Rogers. Here are a few things he said:

1. At 38:40, he said that he's wrapped up on the writing for season 3, and is currently creating his own show. He also mentions that he's creating a show for Disney Junior.

2. At 47:05, he mentions having an affinity for monkeys. That definitely explains why he wrote both of Bobo's episodes.

3. At 50:55 , he mentions "Royal Rivalry", "Snow Place Like Home", and both of Bobo's episodes as his favorites.

4. At 54:25, he mentions a season 3 episode about Naomi and Elena , and how Naomi will be more of an independent person. He reinforces this point at 1:02:15.

5. At 58:00, when discussing Elena and Mateo's moment at the end of "Scepter Of Light", it's simply an expression of his uncertainty at his new position.

6. In regards to "King Of The Carnavale" and Esteban not admitting 100% of the truth, he said at 59:45 that secrets are never buried forever.

7. At 1:04:50, the network really pushed for the ending of "Snow Place Like Home", where Carla and Victor reunite with her mother/his wife.

8. At 1:07:15, he mentions a Luna based episode in April he wrote called "Luna's Big Leap". There's also a June episode called "Naomi Knows Best".
rather interesting, thanks!
CathyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Hours Ago   #9
TwilightSofia
Junior Member
 
TwilightSofia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 7
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

https://deadline.com/2019/03/daytime...ss-1202579062/

The Daytime Emmy Nominations were announced . Elena was nominated for best preschool programming and for Steve Buscemi's performance in said category.
TwilightSofia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 Hours Ago   #10
CathyS
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 6
Default Re: Elena Of Avalor Series Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightSofia View Post
https://deadline.com/2019/03/daytime...ss-1202579062/

The Daytime Emmy Nominations were announced . Elena was nominated for best preschool programming and for Steve Buscemi's performance in said category.
Great news, fingers crossed
CathyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:19 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.