ANNOUNCEMENT: The BTVA server has moved servers and undergone major code changes. If you experience any issues, please report them here

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 05-31-2017   #631
HyperVoiceActing

Default Re: Marvel/DC Dream Casts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-batmanx12 View Post
Well, it actually appears that Terri Doty will be playing as Carol Danvers AKA Captain Marvel. I was honestly hoping for Colleen Clinkenbeard as Carol, but, Terri would do fine. I hope to hear what she'll actually bring to the character.
Yes, you made that clear on every other post.

Where is Terri voicing her again?
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017   #632
spider-batmanx12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperVoiceActing View Post
Yes, you made that clear on every other post.

Where is Terri voicing her again?
Death Battle
spider-batmanx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #633
HyperVoiceActing

Quote:
Death Battle
I see.

Honestly, I don't really expect a series like Death Battle bringing in actors like Colleen into their series, so is it really that big a deal?
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #634
Troodon2

Not to me personally, Death Battle isn't really a prolific big budget production so naturally they hire actors who they can afford, including dallas based ones.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #635
spider-batmanx12

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperVoiceActing View Post
I see.

Honestly, I don't really expect a series like Death Battle bringing in actors like Colleen into their series, so is it really that big a deal?
They hired Chuck Huber, Chris Sabat, Todd Haberkorn, and Kaji Tang. They also hired alot more others for RWBY. Plus, I REALLY wanted to hear Colleen as Carol Danvers. So, in any form of the character, this would've been a great opportunity to hear her as the character. But, since Terri Doty has been casted instead, I'll be waiting for a time where Colleen Clinkenbeard does get casted as the character.
Old 06-01-2017   #636
Troodon2

I don't mean to sound brusk, but I think you're kind'a beating a dead horse here; I know you want Colleen in particular as Carol, we all have our dream casts we want to come true, but at this point it's kind'a getting repetitive. I do apologize if I sound obtuse btw.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #637
spider-batmanx12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
I don't mean to sound brusk, but I think you're kind'a beating a dead horse here; I know you want Colleen in particular as Carol, we all have our dream casts we want to come true, but at this point it's kind'a getting repetitive. I do apologize if I sound obtuse btw.
Yeah, I'm actually a really big fan of Marvel and FUNImation. I mean, FUNImation has honestly captured the spirit, depth, and quality of The Marvel Universe with their emotions, energy, enthusiesms, flaws, tragedies, endurance, depth, and humanity and have captured the theme and spirit of The Marvel Universe being real people with flaws. I mean, imagine if the voice actors from FUNImation have accused, scream, yell, panic, rant, riot, swore, and attack the mutants and just yelled at heroes like Spider-Man accusing the guy of being a menace or a threat for that matter. Plus, most of the actors there best captured these characters. I only listed Colleen there a couple of times because of plot purposes and that Carol IS an Avenger. I mean, she's not the only actor I've repeatedly used in my casting choices. So, I'm sorry if I've bothered you with my repeated choice of Colleen Clinkenbeard as Carol Danvers. It's just that I'm very passionate about this stuff especially when it relates to Marvel and FUNImation. Colleen is honestly a perfect choice for the character. I'm just disappointed that Terri Doty was casted instead. But, I hope to see what she'll really bring to the character.
Old 06-01-2017   #638
Lion's Edge

Quote:
Yeah, I'm actually a really big fan of Marvel and FUNImation. I mean, FUNImation has honestly captured the spirit, depth, and quality of The Marvel Universe with their emotions, energy, enthusiesms, flaws, tragedies, endurance, depth, and humanity and have captured the theme and spirit of The Marvel Universe being real people with flaws. I mean, imagine if the voice actors from FUNImation have accused, scream, yell, panic, rant, riot, swore, and attack the mutants and just yelled at heroes like Spider-Man accusing the guy of being a menace or a threat for that matter. Plus, most of the actors there best captured these characters. I only listed Colleen there a couple of times because of plot purposes and that Carol IS an Avenger. I mean, she's not the only actor I've repeatedly used in my casting choices. So, I'm sorry if I've bothered you with my repeated choice of Colleen Clinkenbeard as Carol Danvers. It's just that I'm very passionate about this stuff especially when it relates to Marvel and FUNImation. Colleen is honestly a perfect choice for the character. I'm just disappointed that Terri Doty was casted instead. But, I hope to see what she'll really bring to the character.

So, what.

You're saying that NYAV, Studiopolis, Bang Zoom! or Ocean Productions are incapable of, by comparison, "bringing the emotions, energy, enthusiasm, flaws, tragedies, endurance, depth and humanity" and "theme and spirit of the Marvel Universe being real people with flaws"? 'cause they can. To insinuate one company is immediately superior over the rest in "portraying humanity" is downplaying a BOATLOAD of talented voice actors across the board easily capable of creating all the dimension and depth that Funimation can. There is no one superior company when it comes to voice talent.

Would I like FUNiMATION to get some Marvel/DC stuff? OF COURSE, I'd love to see them get some Marvel and DC games or shows to record for! Same with Ocean or NYAV, however. And I'd love to see more from Studiopolis and Bang Zoom!'s talent pool.

California. New York. Texas. Toronto. Vancouver. The insinuation that one of these is automatically "better at portraying HUMANITY" than the others is, and I have to be honest here, a ridiculously narrow way to look at the wonderful world of voice acting and it's a viewpoint I just cannot agree with at all on any fundamental level.

So please. Please stop.

This is getting tiresome now; reading walls upon walls of why Colleen Clinkenbeard is the perfect Carol Danvers and FUNiMATION is the best studio ever and they are "better at portraying DEPTH AND HUMANITY" than any other studio for the Marvel Universe. So please.

Just please.

Stop. Calm down. Reel it back in a bit.

Last edited by Lion's Edge; 06-01-2017 at 12:24 PM.
Lion's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017   #639
spider-batmanx12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion's Edge View Post

So, what.

You're saying that NYAV, Studiopolis, Bang Zoom! or Ocean Productions are incapable of, by comparison, "bringing the emotions, energy, enthusiasm, flaws, tragedies, endurance, depth and humanity" and "theme and spirit of the Marvel Universe being real people with flaws"? 'cause they can. To insinuate one company is immediately superior over the rest in "portraying humanity" is downplaying a BOATLOAD of talented voice actors across the board easily capable of creating all the dimension and depth that Funimation can. There is no one superior company when it comes to voice talent.

Would I like FUNiMATION to get some Marvel/DC stuff? OF COURSE, I'd love to see them get some Marvel and DC games or shows to record for! Same with Ocean or NYAV, however. And I'd love to see more from Studiopolis and Bang Zoom!'s talent pool.

California. New York. Texas. Toronto. Vancouver. The insinuation that one of these is automatically "better at portraying HUMANITY" than the others is, and I have to be honest here, a ridiculously narrow way to look at the wonderful world of voice acting and it's a viewpoint I just cannot agree with at all on any fundamental level.

So please. Please stop.

This is getting tiresome now; reading walls upon walls of why Colleen Clinkenbeard is the perfect Carol Danvers and FUNiMATION is the best studio ever and they are "better at portraying DEPTH AND HUMANITY" than any other studio for the Marvel Universe. So please.

Just please.

Stop. Calm down. Reel it back in a bit.
I'm not saying that any of the other studios like Studiopolis, Bang Zoom, Ocean, and NYAV are anything bad nor bland. But that FUNImation has best capture the raw emotions, energy, enthusiesms, depth, flaws,endurance, humanity, tragedies, and struggle of The Marvel Universe. I mean, when reading and looking over the characters and The Marvel Universe, I believe that FUNImation best captures the qualities of that universe. Of course there are some casts outside of FUNImation that I'd like to cast. Crispin Freeman would be a perfect Cyclops. Neil Kaplan would be great as a celestial or even a great Ego The Living Planet next to R Bruce Elliot, Mark Stoddard, Bill Jenkins, and Sean Hennigan, a great Thanos next to Christopher R Sabat as well as a great Gorr the God Butcher. Cristina Vee would make a great addition to the Stepford Cuckoos alongside Alex Tipton, Jill Harris, Jad Saxton, Tia Ballard, Cherami Leigh, Luci Christian, Natalie Hoover, Skyler Davenport, Brittany Karbowski, Erica Mendez, Lindsey Seidel, Caitlyn French and Leah Clark, Thomas F Wilson would make a brilliant Shocker, John DiMaggio would make a brilliant Hercules as well as Patrick Seitz as his brother Ares. Jennifer Hale is one of my picks for Elsa Bloodstone next to Amber Lee Connors and possibly even Caitlin Glass. Peter McNicole would make a brilliant Moleman as well as Mike McFarland. Paul Dobson is a perfect Ben Grimm as well as David Boat. So, while I do love to see FUNImation handling some Marvel Projects, I do like to see some actors outside of FUNImation joining alongside them.

So, again. I do not mean to say that studios like Studiopolis, Bang Zoom,Ocean, and NYAV and other countries outside of FUNImation are bad or bland and that FUNImation is incredibly better than the rest of those companies. I'm just saying, from personal experience, FUNImation captures that the best IMHO. Ocean has captured the qualities of FUNImation as well. LA is getting a bit better with their dubs. And while New York doesn't make such good nor great dubs, they still have some voice actors that do a really brilliant job such as Mike Pollock, Lisa Ortiz, Amy Palant(Forgot her last name), Stephanie Taylor, Dan Green, and Marc Diarson. And their dubs like Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh are great to top notch.
Old 06-01-2017   #640
Lion's Edge

...you know what, I feel like I am now beating a dead horse and wasting my time.

So, for the sake of moving on from this conversation, because I feel like it's only going to be cyclical, and it looks like you've only regurgitated the same points, phrased differently. I mean no offence when I say this, but that is honestly what it looks like.

NEW AVENGERS/TRANSFORMERS

Tony Stark/Iron Man: Troy Baker (Yuri Lowell, Tales of Xillia)
Steve Rogers/Captain America: Grant George (Diarmuid Ua Duibhne/Lancer, Fate/Zero)
Peter Parker/Spider-Man: Max Mittelman (Saitama, One Punch Man)
James "Logan" Howlett/Wolverine: Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
Luke Cage: Phil Morris (Dr. Joshua Sweet, Atlantis: The Lost Empire)
Carol Danvers/Miss Marvel: Elizabeth Maxwell (Motoko Kusanagi, Ghost in the Shell: Arise) or Alesia Glidewell (Samus Aran, Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
Sam Wilson/Falcon: Khary Payton (Victor Stone/Cyborg, Teen Titans)
Victor von Doom/Doctor Doom: Steve Blum (Count Werner Vertigo, Young Justice)

Optimus Prime: Rick D. Wasserman (Thor Odinson, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Ratchet: Bryan Cranston (Jim Gordon, Batman: Year One)
Jazz: Phil LaMarr (Jazz, Transformers: Animated)
Bumblebee: Robbie Daymond (Mumen Rider, One Punch Man)
Prowl: Crispin Freeman (Itachi Uchiha, Naruto Shippuden)
Megatron: Neil Kaplan (Aurelion Sol, League of Legends)

It has been a while since I read this comic, so my memories of it are a little sketchy, I freely admit. ^^;
Lion's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote