ANNOUNCEMENT: The BTVA server has moved servers and undergone major code changes. If you experience any issues, please report them here

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call BTVA's newest feature. Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 07-30-2014   #1
NovaFireDragon

Exclamation Project Karahl: Voice Acting Auditions Round One

Hey everyone!

I'm holding Voice Acting tryouts for my upcoming 3D Animation project! In this thread you will find the roles available and how to audition. You will of course, be credited for your work with me. Links to sample scripts have been included under each role, please use any of these as sample lines when recording.

- Please note that the higher quality of sound, the better chance you have of getting the part.
- You will be highly favored if you make the character or Narrator sound alive and not like you are reading from a piece of paper!
- You are welcome to audition as many times as you like. Please include multiple auditions within the one audio file.
- This is a volunteer role (not paid).
- You are welcome to include your Voice Over recordings in your own portfolio if you wish.
(Please credit the original script to me and my animation once it is done.)

Auditions close end of August 2014.

Good luck and I look forward to seeing your entries!

Cheers!

Roles:
There are two positions available and I have listed their requirements.

Karahl (Protagonist)

Karahl is a very calm and collected character, strictly molded by her training as a skilled Ninja or 'Shadow Warrior'. Due to her upbringing she strictly demands of herself to appear unfaltering no matter how strenuous it is for her physically or mentally in various circumstances. Her stoic appearance does crack under the pressure when loved ones are in danger, one of the rare times she shows emotions when in front of people she does not know. Around the people she trusts, she is rather open about her emotions.

- You have a strong voice.
- You are able to deliver a respectfully-cold tone when addressing other characters.
- You are talented in acting out grunts, yells, heavy breathing, nervous breathing and other sounds of speech required.
- Please note that despite being the Protagonist, as a Shadow Warrior, it is likely for Karahl to have limited dialogue. You will be updated as the project progresses.

Script Sample Here: http://www.freedrama.net/monograce.html

Narrator
Both male and female voices are welcome to audition for this part.

- You have a strong voice.
- You are able to project a strong voice, very much like the Voice Overs for promotional trailers for upcoming movies

Script Samples Here: http://www.edgestudio.com/script-lib...ailers-imaging
(Please choose a select few, do not read out all of these samples.)

How To Audition

Please follow these instructions carefully in order for successful submission of Audition Files.

1. Click the link below.
https://www.sendspace.com/

2. Click browse and select your audio file.

3. Next to your file and enter your DA, Youtube usernames or email address in the “Add Description” section so that I know how to contact you if you are successful.

4. Enter icedragon190@gmail.com in the “To:” section and then click “Upload".

Read more: http://voiceacting.proboards.com/thr...#ixzz38w4MH1nX
NovaFireDragon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
voice actor, voice overs, voiceactors needed