Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 01-28-2011   #41
Wind_Whistler

Default Re: Belated introductory thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson_H View Post
Nice to meet you.

As for merged shows, etc we plan to divide many of our titles up and it's one of our ongoing (and exhausting) projects.

So yeah anything you see that should technically be separated will be someday.
Likewise, sir, likewise. ^^

Ah yes, I know you have a great deal to do and I'm sorry if I sounded like I was criticizing anyone here. I didn't mean it like that, just wanted to clarify which series I meant and then went on rant auto-pilot because of having seen this several places now, it's just starting to be a bit of a pet peeve. If there's anything I can do to lend a hand with the process just give me a shout. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Great to finally get to know more about you outside of all your always helpful posts.

I'm not a huge anime fan either though I enjoy a handful of series (Evangelion is my overall fave) but agree that Gargoyles and Batman are fantastic works of art.

I'm not much of a reader but I did read the LOTR novels prior to watching the live action movies (which did not ruin the movies at all for me) and loved them. I can't recall exact details, so I'm not sure what you meant when you said they butchered Elrond and Aragorn.

The quality of your help is a blessing, and your personality that is plastered all over your posts is again, always a great read. We hope you find a home here at BTVA, you're a joy to have around.
My blushes. There's no need to compliment me half to death. XP Nice to know how much my presence is appreciated, though. Thank you. ^^

The closest I've come to seeing any Eva is a fandub parody. XD My brother didn't seem to think too highly of it, and usually our tastes are very similar so I haven't bothered watching it. Perhaps I should. In the imaginary world where I don't have too much other stuff to watch "eventually" already. XD But yes, I will try. It always did sound kinda interesting and I doubt it can be all bad if you're that into it.

Ah, well, it's Elrond being a Grumpy Obstructionist Old Man and a bit of a coward and throwing Aragorn under the bus at every opportunity, and generally having a very low opinion of the race of men in general. Using Saruman's words about the weakness of our race and how we've already failed...prejudiced much? I loved the way he was such a wise and loving father in the books, to both Arwen and Aragorn. To me that was his defining characteristic. There was none of that in the films. It was worse in TT and RotK, but it was already quite apparent in FotR what with the Saruman quotes and so on.

But, the more I've thought about it, the more it makes the barest bit of a backward kind of sense. Because Isildur was portrayed as a bit more of a villain (taking the Ring out of pure greed rather than weregild for his father, and they never touched on how heroic he was before he failed at that one terrible moment when honestly, no one expected success, and everything he did for Gondor and Arnor to ensure their safety even then). Because Aragorn is then showed as having this so-called lineage-guilt, which so paralyzes him that he decides he doesn't feel like saving the world and becoming king today. I can understand the latter but the former is inexcusable. People honestly seem to expect Elrond to just hand over his daughter to someone who would essentially LET Sauron win. Seriously. The West had the choice to either unite or fall and the one man with a good chance of uniting it was too busy angsting to do so. Having the child he raised turn out that way I can at least somewhat understand Elrond having a low opinion of the race of men. Just not as much as he does. =/

So yeah, I don't know which one got butchered first or why, but they both got butchered in this way that's kind of inextricably linked and kills a largish part of the message of the books imho. It's almost like they saw a hint of nobility and went all KILL IT WITH FIRE. But still. My favoritest movie ever, because even with those kinds of problems it is truly epic and amazing, and there are so many ways it could have been so much worse. And it is nice to have noticed that at least some of the more major changes they made supported each other, so they felt a little less completely out of the blue...and btw, I don't have all that much of a problem with leaving out the Barrow Downs/Bombadil or what they did with Arwen (there was so little there, anyway, though I liked her better in FotR as the warrior princess than in TT when she was a whiny drama queen like me:p), or several other things about which other purists/NPWs love to rant. I am rather a moderate compared to some. XD Basically everything that was cut was fine by me, and I think worked very well cinematically (well, the Scouring is pretty crucial, but that's the lone exception). It was when things were added and/or distorted that I took note.

Yup, mentioning anything to do with Tolkien=a great way to get me rambling.
Wind_Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #42
LadyRose

Send a message via AIM to LadyRose Send a message via MSN to LadyRose Send a message via Yahoo to LadyRose
Default Newbie

Hi,

My name is Sheila and I am new to the forum. I joined the forum yesterday but I am not new to the site. I just found out yesterday I never joined. Opps.

My favorite voice actor is Tress MacNeille and I was once online friends with Grey DeLisle. I make fanlists and I have some on VAs and characters.
LadyRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #43
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Default Re: Newbie

Great to have you join our community madam LadyRose.

Tress an Grey are actually 2 of my favorite voice actresses. Great taste you have!
Old 02-09-2011   #44
Wind_Whistler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyRose View Post
Hi,

My name is Sheila and I am new to the forum. I joined the forum yesterday but I am not new to the site. I just found out yesterday I never joined. Opps.

My favorite voice actor is Tress MacNeille and I was once online friends with Grey DeLisle. I make fanlists and I have some on VAs and characters.
Many a warm welcome, though you may well have been here longer than I have. XD I hope you enjoy your stay. ^_^

Tress MacNeille is pretty awesome. Probably Gadget from Rescue Rangers is my favorite role she does, but there are so many it's hard to choose.

Grey DeLisle is pretty awesome as well, for that matter. ^^
Wind_Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2011   #45
LadyRose

Send a message via AIM to LadyRose Send a message via MSN to LadyRose Send a message via Yahoo to LadyRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Great to have you join our community madam LadyRose.

Tress an Grey are actually 2 of my favorite voice actresses. Great taste you have!
Thanks! Tress is my idol. Grey was very nice and sweet. We were talking when she was pergnet (cant spell it) with her son. The reason we dont talk now is because her manager took over her email address. Which is ok. No hard feeling for him. I own the fanlist for Grey which she approved to be official in 2007.
Old 02-09-2011   #46
LadyRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind_Whistler View Post
Many a warm welcome, though you may well have been here longer than I have. XD I hope you enjoy your stay. ^_^

Tress MacNeille is pretty awesome. Probably Gadget from Rescue Rangers is my favorite role she does, but there are so many it's hard to choose.

Grey DeLisle is pretty awesome as well, for that matter. ^^
There is not a character of Tress I do not like. My favorite is Babs Bunny AKA Barbara Ann as listed here.
Old 02-11-2011   #47
verjesh1

Smile Re: Newbie

Hi Friends
I am new in this community and I like this community I want to share my hobbies with you that is movies music and dancing but more like enjoy with friends.
Thanks
Old 02-11-2011   #48
LadyRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by verjesh1 View Post
Hi Friends
I am new in this community and I like this community I want to share my hobbies with you that is movies music and dancing but more like enjoy with friends.
Thanks
Welcome to BTVA !
Old 02-13-2011   #49
MR.KLAC

Default hello MR.KLAC

well hi give i'm new member here & yet give i'm been to other forums mostly in anime.

so i thought this might another place to go reach my anime dream really so want to get in anime industry.

even go do voice acting since this voice acting well i say here another place to hello to reach my anime dream.
MR.KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011   #50
jarvis321

Hi to all
I am jarvis, a newbie here
jarvis321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adaptation, advice, anime, assistance needed, audition, avengers emh, bad english, british, english, enthusiasm, french, friendly, girl, graphic design, hello there, horror movie director, introduction, introductions, jeff bennett, joe winko, kazutoification, let's dub, linguist, london, music, nerd, new member, new user, newbie, noob, please be nice, pokemon, presentation, scooby-doo, shared account, sims 2, skype, snes, song, translation, voice acting, voice acting actor, voice actor, voice actress, voice training, wii