Support Behind The Voice Actors on Patreon
 

Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5 Days Ago   #131
KazeNinja17
Junior Member
 
KazeNinja17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 3
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marakutanay View Post
This is all just pure speculation, but the recasting of Erin Fitzgerald might also support the idea that Bang Zoom was involved in this. Erin did not return for the last Neptunia game because of union issues, that game was released in October last year so her decision must've been made a couple of months before that. However she did return for Chie in Cross Tag Battle(most likely PCB), released recently, and she also was in Terraformars(Studiopolis), released at the beggining of this year. I doubt that she has agreed to be in those titles before refusing Neptunia. I don't know if she has appeared in another CoT title recently but if this last batch of characters was done at Bang Zoom might be the reason why she was recasted.

Again, this is all just pure speculation.
One issue I honestly see with this theory is that Stephanie Sheh still reprises Tharja for Fire Emblem Heroes and she's been very vocal about non-union dubs. She recently criticized the BotW cast for actively using that game in their credits because it was a non-union title.

Then again, Stephanie Sheh may reprise Tharja because those recordings might be directed by either Patrick Seitz or Wendee Lee.
KazeNinja17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #132
Beldarius
Junior Member
 
Beldarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCZ View Post
That seems unlikely because the only non-KZS thing he's known to be in is also US.
Canadian voice actors have been moving on to doing US dubs, though. Scott McNeil and David Kaye come to mind of the more famous ones, but there are also tons of more unknown names (Walden might just be one of them). ...Unless he's an amateur who just happens to join pro dubs every once in a while. I know quite a few fandubbers who've done official dubs recently (including Brad Venable and Frank Todaro) and I wouldn't put it past the directors to hire someone like that. If he is, then I wouldn't know - I've never heard his voice before outside Fire Emblem and Layton.

Could be another Steve Burton situation - voices practically nothing except one or two characters.
Beldarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #133
Nightmare Crusher
Senior Member
 
Nightmare Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,016
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldarius View Post
Canadian voice actors have been moving on to doing US dubs, though. Scott McNeil and David Kaye come to mind of the more famous ones, but there are also tons of more unknown names (Walden might just be one of them). ...Unless he's an amateur who just happens to join pro dubs every once in a while. I know quite a few fandubbers who've done official dubs recently (including Brad Venable and Frank Todaro) and I wouldn't put it past the directors to hire someone like that. If he is, then I wouldn't know - I've never heard his voice before outside Fire Emblem and Layton.

Could be another Steve Burton situation - voices practically nothing except one or two characters.
Scott McNeil hasn't moved to the US. He does stuff for Funimation sometimes because he knows people there.

Walden James has been doing stuff in LA since the 90s when Vancouver acting was at its peak. What the hell would be the reason for that then? Why hasn't his name come up in anything actually Canadian? Unless you have some good **** evidence of this theory it's not good for anything.

Fandubber? Walden James is clearly an old guy, just listen to him! And again, he has been around since the nineties! You're just throwing crap at the wall at this point without any logic or evidence.

Steve Burton is a minor celebrity who got pulled into Kingdom Hearts just like David Boreanaz and others. He keeps doing Cloud because he likes the character. This is not a comparable situation.
__________________
"You're being unnecessarily brutal and mean, and your replies wreak of your aggression. Pardon me, but I don't turn a blind eye to people like you."
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #134
Beldarius
Junior Member
 
Beldarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightmare Crusher View Post
Walden James has been doing stuff in LA since the 90s when Vancouver acting was at its peak. What the hell would be the reason for that then? Why hasn't his name come up in anything actually Canadian? Unless you have some good **** evidence of this theory it's not good for anything.

Fandubber? Walden James is clearly an old guy, just listen to him! And again, he has been around since the nineties! You're just throwing crap at the wall at this point without any logic or evidence.
There literally can't be any investigation without theories first - if everybody's theories just get shot down from the get-go, then we'll never figure this out. Just thought I'd mention that. These forums are the most unhelpful place I've ever laid eyes on.

Walden James also doesn't sound all that old to me (to me, old is 70+). Being around since the 90s (considering that Alien Detectors thing is from 1996), there's a chance he's barely 50 years old (if he was 30 in that show, he'd be 52 now). That could help narrow things down - just completely eliminate voice actors born after 1978 from the investigation. ...Since I honestly doubt he was younger than 18 in Alien Detectors.

EDIT: I've been looking through Jamie Simone series now, and one of the older ones had Steve Kramer in it. I checked him on BtVA, and one of his voices made me listen to it and Subaki side-by-side.

Also, listen to this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vjde2S4VSSo&t=0m16s

For Jagen, I can hear this (status lines initially, the end starts to sound like special triggers).

Last edited by Beldarius; 4 Days Ago at 11:14 PM.
Beldarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #135
Nightmare Crusher
Senior Member
 
Nightmare Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,016
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldarius View Post
There literally can't be any investigation without theories first - if everybody's theories just get shot down from the get-go, then we'll never figure this out. Just thought I'd mention that. These forums are the most unhelpful place I've ever laid eyes on.

Walden James also doesn't sound all that old to me (to me, old is 70+). Being around since the 90s (considering that Alien Detectors thing is from 1996), there's a chance he's barely 50 years old (if he was 30 in that show, he'd be 52 now). That could help narrow things down - just completely eliminate voice actors born after 1978 from the investigation. ...Since I honestly doubt he was younger than 18 in Alien Detectors.
If you don't want your ideas scrutinized don't post them in a public forum. You wanna talk unhelpful? Throwing out baseless ideas with no evidence is unhelpful because it derails the conversation into having to debunk falsehoods. A theory without evidence is worth less than nothing.

I'm not implying Walden James is ancient, but the gristle in his voice is not that of a young man. I wouldn't even have to bring up his age or the fact he's been around since the 90s if you hadn't pulled out more baseless speculation about him possibly being a fandubber. Do you see how this is a waste of time?
__________________
"You're being unnecessarily brutal and mean, and your replies wreak of your aggression. Pardon me, but I don't turn a blind eye to people like you."
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 Days Ago   #136
NCZ
Admin
 
NCZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,440
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
There literally can't be any investigation without theories first - if everybody's theories just get shot down from the get-go, then we'll never figure this out. Just thought I'd mention that. These forums are the most unhelpful place I've ever laid eyes on.
I gotta be frank, stuff like this is not really a binary situation.

Are all theories invalid? By no means.

At the same time that doesn't mean throwing absolutely everything at the wall, regardless of plausibility, is the way to go here. There has to be at least something to ensure that theories are actually plausible. Otherwise it runs into the "you can't prove unicorns DON'T exist" fallacy.

Put simply, the burden of proof is not on other people to prove why a whole list of guesses are all false. The burden of proof is on whoever is suggesting a name to prove why their belief is true, or likely, or otherwise worth considering. You have to realize that right off the bat there are always constraints to work with that ensure a lot of possibilities are just not likely.

I'm sorry if the conflict between that approach is "unhelpful", but there is a middle ground that people in this subforum usually try to go for. At the end of the day the goal here in this subforum is to try to have some sort of evidence or logic or reason behind our guesses. Something that we can directly compare or stack up against. Circumstantial evidence can point things in the right direction only if it's done in conjunction with that. If we just go around wildly we'll never get anywhere and it detracts from all of the hard work that other people have done in order to crack down on these mystery cases. It just sends everything around in circles and creates extra unneeded work.

I'm going to have to be perfectly honest here and say that this is a final warning and that we will unfortunately have to lock this thread if things end up going too off-the-rails. That isn't the goal here.
__________________

Last edited by NCZ; 5 Days Ago at 04:44 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #137
Beldarius
Junior Member
 
Beldarius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 14
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

So would my guess about Steve Kramer count as legitimate, considering he's worked with Jamie Simone, has also been in a Simone dub with Paula Tiso (original Camilla) and actually has voices that sound similar to both Subaki and Jagen? I posted a few links above to demonstrate (here's one more of Sakon Shima). He's also been around since the 80s, and 68 years old if I counted right.

I don't have access to most cartoons since I live in Europe, though, so I can't verify if he has a voice that fits Jaffar.

Last edited by Beldarius; 4 Days Ago at 12:02 AM.
Beldarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #138
NCZ
Admin
 
NCZ's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 9,440
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

It's not him. Matal Mogamett (which is a good example of his usual range) is very far off from Subaki, Jagen, Iago etc. He also has no reason to use an alias/no problem using his real-name on non-union projects. He has never used an alias for such a project except for EXTREMELY early Carl Macek work in the 80s. Walden James/Walter Rego is a frequent collaborator with Kris Zimmerman-Salter. Steve Kramer is not. I think we should move on from this discussion especially considering I made a huge point to stress it's not likely to be anyone who's a dubbing regular.
__________________

Last edited by NCZ; 4 Days Ago at 11:31 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 Days Ago   #139
Nightmare Crusher
Senior Member
 
Nightmare Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 3,016
Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beldarius View Post

EDIT: I've been looking through Jamie Simone series now, and one of the older ones had Steve Kramer in it. I checked him on BtVA, and one of his voices made me listen to it and Subaki side-by-side.
You say you were looking into old Jamie Simone dubs and you came up with the Harmony Gold dub of Dragon Ball. How?
__________________
"You're being unnecessarily brutal and mean, and your replies wreak of your aggression. Pardon me, but I don't turn a blind eye to people like you."
Nightmare Crusher is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.