Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Act Your Voice Out - BTVA's Voice Acting Contest > Contest Discussion

Contest Discussion Talk about the contest, how the contestants are performing and any feedback here.

Old 06-07-2012   #41
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: Season 2 - Audition Feedback - NCZ

Okay, I'll write one up for you then. Sorry I didn't see your request.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #42
SheilaMGagne

That's alright! Thank you for the feedback; it gave me some good ideas to improve my next submission. I understand there are a lot of people waiting, so I appreciate your quick reply.
SheilaMGagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #43
ichigara

Hey, I didn't realize that we could request feedback on our auditions. Would it be possible for me to still get feedback even though I was not on the callback list? If so, I would like it privately messaged please and thank you!
ichigara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #44
Moonvamp

You can feel free to send me private feedback on my audition at any time. I know it's going to be an N rating, and I don't plan on participating in the behind the scenes portion, but feedback is good nonetheless.
Moonvamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012   #45
Calavera

Thanks for the feedback NCZ; I unfortunately have the emotional capacity of a giant rock in reality, so I would definitely cite that as a weakness I'm working on for my reads (I think I'm making progress with what I have for the callbacks, but we'll see what the judges think).

The theatrical influence may be coming from the process in my head when I came up with the lines for the reads, which goes something along the lines of, "can I see this scene playing out in my head? What words would then flow to carry the energy of the scene?" This process may be biased to create scenes that only contain a certain energy best associated with theatrical performances.

Or maybe I'm overthinking this and should just go into the booth and make with the noise making until something sounds good.

P.S. No, I have no idea what that accent is, I'll just call it "something evoking the British Isles" to keep myself out of trouble.

Last edited by Calavera; 06-07-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Calavera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012   #46
Martin Perks

Just wanted to say thanks for the feedback. On that I'm going to re-record two of the trials for the Callbacks today. Kinda lucky I got it today as I just realized today is my last free day for recording for the next few days Xp.

Again, thanks! It was really insightful ^_^. Keep up the great work!
Martin Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012   #47
mmichael154

First off, I want to thank you very much NCZ for taking the time to critique my audition. To quote the first section of my recording, I probably did "waste your valuable time", and I apologize for that.

Now for the most part, I can understand what you're saying. I agree that I may have sounded like I didn't give it my all and I may have exaggerated in areas. I was dealing with a very bad case of the flu when I recorded my audition, so it was hard for me to really get into it. I felt pressured that I had to come up with something even though I was sick, and I couldn't think straight. I felt woozy all throughout the process. Now should that serve as an excuse for my lacking performance? I don't think so. I always want to create something to the best of my ability. It just wasn't my day, I suppose.

One thing I know for sure is that I need to improve in creating interesting dialogue. The lines I recorded are, I'll admit, very poorly thought out. Again, I apologize for that. I'm just not that great at writing. I'd like to ask you something, if I may. You said there was a Richard Nixon voice in there. Well, I had no intention of doing a Richard Nixon voice! I had no idea that I was doing an impression of him. I'm not even sure what he sounds like. If it's not too much trouble, would you please tell me which line I said using that voice?

So I'll take into account very seriously what your recommendations are and try to improve. I'll try to focus on my strengths, even if it sounds like I had very very few. Thanks once again for your criticism. It truly means a lot!
mmichael154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #48
Psyche's Rose

This is because NCZ listed me as unspecified. I don't mind if my feedback is public, but I would like you if possible to also review my BTS entry. I just got a new mic before recording that and I think I sound way better on it. If you can great if you can't that ok too.

Thanks so much for doing this!!!
Psyche's Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012   #49
Koivo

Is it too late to ask for feedback? I don't mind if its public. If it is, completely understandable.
Koivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012   #50
AMT

I would VERY MUCH like a critique.
AMT is offline   Reply With Quote