Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 10-28-2014   #1
electronic456

Default Star Wars Rebels

I decided to make a discussion page for this show.

You know, if I have time I could sit down and watch some episodes. After all, the timeline between Episode 3 and 4 is my favourite.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014   #2
SupremeTarantulas

Default Re: Star Wars Rebels

Liking each episode more, with the latest one being my favorite. I like how they're using most of the original trilogy cast, so far,probably because Disney wants it that way, since most of them are also involved with the films, they maybe the fanboy in the crew wanted it also, like why James Earl Jones is reprising Vader, Billy Dee Williams reprising Lando, and of course Anthony Daniels reprising C-3PO. Leia seems the most likely to appear, voiced by Carrie Fisher since she is highly involved with the Rebel Alliance, but I'm not sure if she is yet. I as want Mark Hamill and Harrison Ford reprising LUke and Han. This is closer to Revenge Of The Sith right. Judging by Bail's age I wanna say yeah. Yoda on the other hand, if he shows , will probably be Tom Kane again, since Frank Oz isn't as active in the acting industry. Also I enjoyed the fight with Kanan and The Inquisitor, and the Imperial March que as he enters, and of course, JasonIsaac's performance was enjoyable, and I find it the strongest ep so far. Use of probably my favorite John Williams tune, May The Force Be With You, being prominent is also a good aspect. Each episode seems to get better, it had slow start, but this is perfect way to get back into the Star Wars Universe, and get hyped for the new trilogy at the same time.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 10-29-2014 at 05:58 PM.
SupremeTarantulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014   #3
electronic456

Watched the first episode of season 1. Not bad....
The main crew are cool characters.... Although Zeb is a bit of an a-hole..... Chopper, likewise feels the same....

The biggest issue I have is the way the hair is animated in the show.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014   #4
D.A.V.E.

I've been enjoying this show. Keeps getting better every episode, and the last two set up some continuing plot points.
D.A.V.E. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2015   #5
SupremeTarantulas

MAY SPOILERS BE WITH YOU

Strong with the force this episode was. Welcome Frank Oz always is.

The illusions were much more powerful on Ezra than Luke's Vader ones on Dagobah. This episode had the most Star Wars feel to it so far. It was just perfect. May The Force Be With You is my favorite piece and it's presence here just fits in perfectly. Can't wait to see how things go from here.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 01-04-2015 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-02-2015   #6
Starscreamsfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete View Post
MAY SPOILERS BE WITH YOU

Strong with the force this episode was. Welcome Frank Oz always is.

The illusions were much more powerful on Ezra than Luke's Vader ones on Dagobah. This episode had the most Star Wars feel to it so far. It was just perfect. May The Force Be With You is my favorite piece and it's presence here just fits in perfectly. Can't wait to see how things go from here.
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!! Now this is definetly gonna be AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Starscreamsfan; 03-02-2015 at 03:55 PM.
Starscreamsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015   #7
SupremeTarantulas

MAY THE SPOILERS BE WITH YOU

This 3 parter, wow, this 3 parter, Tarkin and then Vader himself at end, means REbelis will get crazy!!!!! Ahsoka is there so will there be a confrontation? May The FoCre Be With us on that. The action, acting and dialogue, was just incredible, and I really feel like a Star WArs fan again, fter dropping out the franchise a few years back, Almost expected Kanan to use dark side abilties since he "had nothing left to fear" but that would be repetitive from Ezra and we don't want that.The music really feels like John Williams is composing, or is he? I like how they close with the Imperial March as Vader approaches the screen. I wish they'd use some prequel music though like Duel Of The fates, not even sure Clone Wars did, but I only saw a handful of those. The Kanan, Inquistor, and Ezra fight reminds me of the Qui-Gon, Darth Maul, and Obi-Wan fight in the Phantom Menace. I I hope there's no break nonsense again cause I'm anxious tosee where they go from here.

Last edited by SupremeTarantulas; 04-19-2015 at 07:37 AM.
Old 03-07-2015   #8
Polyester Funk

I've finally caught up and I have to say that this had a slow build(which I pretty much expected since the major characters were new), but I like how it opened up the universe in the finale. I hope we get to see more than just Lothal now that the Rebel cells are coming together. I did suspect that Fulcrum was Ahsoka after seeing the mysterious figure in the hood and the voice sounded like a female voice altered to sound deeper. I did expect to see her in this series, but I honestly thought that it would take a while longer. I've seen people wonder if she'd be in Episode VII, but Rebels seemed more appropriate since she is an animated-only character and by the time of VII wouldn't she be like in her 70s since she was already a teenager before Luke and Leia were born and they're 60ish in the new films. I can't say that it's impossible for us to see her, but again Rebels seemed more appropriate.

The battle with the Inquisitor looked nice and yes it was reminiscent of the fight with Darth Maul in The Phantom Menace. I wonder if he's dead. It seems like he must be cuz the whole ship crashed and he seemed to have no way off. Wonder if we'll see other Inquisitors or if he has clones that may pop up. Seems unlikely that the Empire has only one Inquisitor. I also wonder if we'll see other Rebels like Ackbar, Mon Mothma and Lux Bonteri. Probably.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015   #9
DisneyAnimefan1995
Banned

I started watching some episodes of Star Wars Rebels and the series is starting to get better and better.

Now in other news, Star Wars Celebration has just premiered the Season 2 trailer for Rebels, and wow their is so much to describe after watching this. Vader, Captain Rex, and Hondo are scheduled to appear this season. But all in all looking forward to Rebels Season 2.

Season 2 trailer:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Av8GjpGK98A
DisneyAnimefan1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015   #10
Polyester Funk

Man, things are really amping up in season two. Darth Vader is getting a bigger role than I expected. Based on season one's ending it makes sense, just I didn't expect to see him this much. Emperor Palpatine also appears or at least his voice does. Was that Ian McDiarmid? Sounded like it could be, though I'm not sure. Two new Inquisitors show up. I'm seeing people speculate that the female one is Barriss Offee. That would seem fitting given her Clones Wars storyline. I guess this means that the previous guy is dead. Not sure how he'd have survived the end of season one anyway, but I'm sorry to see him go. He had more potential. Let me not forget that Captain Rex is back, and on the side of the Rebels. I thought for sure that he'd be Vader's personal soldier, but it seems that the Clone Troopers were replaced by the Stormtroopers. I can understand the Empire doing that though as the clones did age quite a bit it seems and after Order 66 was carried out they might have feared that the clones would no longer be loyal and controllable since they still may have had some loyalty to the Jedi.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote