Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Site Helpers > Whose Voice is This?

Whose Voice is This? Heard a voice recently but can't figure out who provided it then post it here and let us help.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-19-2018   #15
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: Fire Emblem Heroes

A couple pages back I posted my crackpot theory about the possibility of a second studio/casting crew being involved for the game. This is mostly because a lot of the casting choices and names being brought in are not very Cup of Tea-esque (lots of actors beyond their usual wheelhouse, a surprising reliance on aliases/uncredited actors also from outside the usual pool, less emphasis on doublecasting, etc.). Obviously it's possible this is just a byproduct of other projects and auditions they're working with that expand things a bit, and this is all just a single line of speculation that I'm humouring for the sake of this post, but in any case there's something that miiiiiight lend some weight to the idea.

In the new summer pack, everyone is credited to their usual actors... except Tana.

Tana is credited to "Joie Marlowe". The thing is, Joie Marlowe is just Melissa Fahn. BUT she only uses that name on dubs directed by... Bob Buchholz.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/enc....php?id=129403

The fact that she's credited under her real name at first and suddenly under this new name definitely jumps out to me. The other thing worth noting is Griffin Burns who joined the cast led Devilman Crybaby which is also Buchholz-directed. A lot of the traits I mentioned above have also been common hallmarks in Buchholz's dubs lately.

Again this is all speculation at the moment, but I wonder if it's worth mentioning. The main other thing we know of is that Wendee lee directed Ratana and Faye Mata, so while that may be a potential point against it it does at least show that it hasn't been Seitz directing the entire time.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-19-2018 at 09:34 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote