Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 03-04-2013   #21
Blair

Default Re: Feedback

"Auditions Deadline" does sound a lot better.

As for people casting the first person that auditions, I think that's in part human nature for people who have never cast before (though I don't claim to know anything about the experience levels of those setting up the auditions.)

When people are eager to get the ball rolling on a project, it's easy to jump the gun and accept first-comers. The more quickly the VAs are cast, the sooner the project can be be completed.
Old 03-04-2013   #22
Hendercrazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
this is done now.
Thanks Foxwolf! This will help greatly in keeping track of roles and follow-up with project owners.
Hendercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #23
mkpresson

I've always wanted to be a voice actor since I was a kid, and tried many times over the years with different demos. I've got a new demo, but still have no idea where to send it. This option gave me me the jump I needed so badly. I can record and submit to actual projects. It's allowed me to practice before submitting. The quick upload button is perfect. It's easy to use, and for someone like me who has no idea where to go, this is perfect.

I pray this is the pancake to my Apple set where eventually ...hopefully.... I'll be standing on a full apple in that coveted bullpen of Voice Actors.

Thank you so much for installing this option. It gives us little folks an actual chance in the entertainment business that always feels like it's Invite Only. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
mkpresson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #24
Foxwolf
Web Admin

@mkpresson you're very welcome and many thanks for the kudos. an upcoming feature will be a Demo section where you can upload your demo and get feedback. There will also be a "Demo Tips" area where members can share what they think constitutes a great demo.
Old 03-05-2013   #25
Felinafullstop

One more thing that caught my eye, I love the auditions page shows us all our auditions...having profiles would be great, or a way for directors who've heard our auditions to ASK us to audition for them.

I audition for Character X

He thinks he wants to hear me Audition for Character Y

He has a way to send ME a request to hear me as another character,

or a way to get our Emails posted so this process is more stream lined than talking in the COMMENTS.
Felinafullstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013   #26
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Way ahead of you I have plans to create an invite feature so members can invite others to try out for a character in their project.

In fact, I might create a new thread listing the items on my To Do list and upcoming features.

Last edited by Foxwolf; 03-05-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Foxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013   #27
Felinafullstop

So something that has bothered me.....

some of the projects I've been cast for have been canceled, that's a non issue, but there are people posting CONTESTS to see who sounds better than who....

this is not a project and really should have somewhere else to go...
When a project is canceled the page should be removed, (not simply changed to CONTEST!) it clutters up our auditions pages. Projects are not Competitions.
example: http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...petition-page/

and can we get profile pages? Where we can link projects we've done in the past? Have a way for people to contact US directly? I want to put my email somewhere where people can see it if they need to contact me, and there's really no where to do that.

The project starters can put in their email so we can contact them. I think there needs to be a way for them to contact us.

FelinaFullstop
Felinafullstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014   #28
TremendousByDesign

It looks like a very innovative way to get voice actors for animators and other things. Buuut,my project hasn't been accepted and its been two weeks! Whyy?? I haven't put anything inappropriate..
TremendousByDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2014   #29
Blue Phoenix

Hey! First off, props on this feature. It is really well put together and easy to use! You go, Glen Coco.

I think it would be nice to be able to 'bookmark' projects/characters that you want to audition for. That way you can look at your bookmarks at a later date so you can post your audition, without having to shift through all the other projects.
Blue Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2015   #30
Glen Hoban

Default Guidelines for Auditions

I am new to this site, and I have looked about for some sort of guidelines for people submitting auditions, and I don't really find any. I find mention, regarding comments, that one must not be negative and so on, but that seems to be it. I also do not seem to find any age classification (Children, Mature, Adult) for projects. It would be nice if these were added, or if they are present somewhere, if I were to know where they are.

The reason I am posting this is because I got slightly carried away in one line of one audition and used some mild profanity near the end of one 'take'. ('F****** A******' was what I said, for the record.) Rather than asking for a revised line, the owner of that project reported me. How delightful.

Now, I am not given generally to outbursts of profanity, and none of my other auditions contain any, yet I have occasionally seen and heard profanity in some of the auditions on this site, so I did not think profanity was an issue. I do hope that it is understood that, occasionally, the use of profanity (*and it was MILD profanity I was using, not obscenity) has a comic effect, and this is what I was aiming for.

Incidentally, just browsing now I find these lines in one project ('Smash Bros. Survivor')

"Cut the crap Pistachio were not on camera."

"I was gonna fart on him, but he smelled like mushrooms if ya know what I mean."

So, it would appear that "crap" and "fart" are fine. I hope you will understand my puzzlement at this.

In any case, I have been now been stung, so to speak. It is now my understanding that this site, and all the auditions in it, are to be 'child-friendly', and I shall govern my future auditions accordingly. It would be helpful if this policy - along with any other guidelines for voice actors - were stated explicitly somewhere (or, if it is, if someone could direct me to that part of the site).

Regards
Glen Hoban is offline   Reply With Quote