Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 02-03-2013   #11
Blair

Default Re: Feedback

I am glad that Soymilk Purin made those points (and it may even be worth stating in the FAQ, simply to have them openly expressed even if they never become an actual concern.

The feature is new. Who knows what the future may hold in terms of growth of both casters and VAs once it becomes more well-known across other sites. Of course there is the idea of "competing" against the professional sites with the benefit being "free" actors verses paid, but I can't see that as much of a problem, really. How many people who truly want a "professional" recording would only come here? They may receive only two or three submissions and then not like any of them whereas the array of voice talent to choose from is more widespread on sites like voices.com, et al.

In fact, it may be worth mentioning on the FAQ that this site is neither affiliated nor in competition with professional casting websites and, without giving names of any specific sites (to avoid affiliation) they should also be taken into consideration when wishing to hire professional actors.
Old 02-03-2013   #12
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Thanks for everyone's feedback. I've thought long about it and what it boils down to is what Blair basically said. All concerns and such should and will be addressed in a terms of use, which I'm working on.
Old 02-03-2013   #13
Hendercrazy

Just a note to official castees out there... my e-mail notification, letting me know I was cast for a project... it went directly into my Spam folder (I have Yahoo). So be sure to double check your Spam folder and check the Casting Call section occasionally to make sure you don't miss anything!
Hendercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013   #14
Hendercrazy

Hey Foxwolf... wanted to say that I really like the "My Auditions" page under the Casting Call section in our profiles. This definitely make it much easier to follow who you've been cast as. Would it be possible to also have it show if a character has been cast but you didn't get the part as well?
Old 02-28-2013   #15
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Yeah, I can definitely do that. Let me add it to my todo list
Old 02-28-2013   #16
Hendercrazy

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2013   #17
Felinafullstop

I love the idea of casting call.

What I don't love is the project owners CASTING people as much as 1 day after their projects are put up.

There should be an AUDITION DEADLINE.
so that everyone who would like to have the opportunity to audition for a role can have the SAME amount of time to. There are parts I would LOVE to audition for that have already been cast (and some days after the project is posted) and their deadline is MONTHS out.

This is not to snub project owners but to give everyone an opportunity to audition fairly.

there should be an AUDITION DEADLINE.
as well as a project DEADLINE.
Felinafullstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #18
Foxwolf
Web Admin

I completely agree. I find it strange that an owner wouldn't want to hear all the possible submissions. And in fact, that's what the "project deadline" is supposed to be. The date when auditions close. But obviously a project owner is free to do as they choose who they want to cast, even if it's before the deadline.

I've gone ahead and relabelled it as "Auditions Deadline" to at least give clarification of what the date signifies. It'll still be up to the owner who and when they cast.
Old 03-04-2013   #19
Felinafullstop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
I completely agree. I find it strange that an owner wouldn't want to hear all the possible submissions. And in fact, that's what the "project deadline" is supposed to be. The date when auditions close. But obviously a project owner is free to do as they choose who they want to cast, even if it's before the deadline.

I've gone ahead and relabelled it as "Auditions Deadline" to at least give clarification of what the date signifies. It'll still be up to the owner who and when they cast.
Thank you for the super quick response and clarification.
Felinafullstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013   #20
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hendercrazy View Post
Hey Foxwolf... wanted to say that I really like the "My Auditions" page under the Casting Call section in our profiles. This definitely make it much easier to follow who you've been cast as. Would it be possible to also have it show if a character has been cast but you didn't get the part as well?
this is done now.