Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 02-07-2013   #11
Hendercrazy

Default Re: Ask A Question

Just throwing it out there. Not really a question per se... but a minor concern. I've noticed some project owners casting themselves in some of the roles of their projects. That part... there's nothing wrong with it. However, I'm a bit concerned that some folks might be hesitant of auditioning for some of the remaining roles... when many of the main characters are cast by the owner and there's no voice samples of them doing the characters. This might sway whether folks may or may not audition because they have no way to gauge the quality of the project/character roles. Especially if they are MAIN character roles. If that all makes sense. Personally, I'd like to hear person cast for each part. Even if it is by the project owner. This way... folks can also comment on the project owner's own cast characters as well. What I'm getting at I guess is this... make it where a character role can't be officially cast until there's at least one set of voice samples for that character. Seems only fair, right???
Hendercrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013   #12
RH93535

Lightbulb Re: Ask A Question

Hey FoxWolf there is someone that is not on this website but auditioned for my project and I want to give him the part but I can't tell everyone that the part has been cast, is there anyway you can put in a new setting where under cast myself as this character it says cast someone not from this site or something like that and maybe a bar can pop up to write the name, if you can do that, that would be great Also can you put in a feature in the situation where you have already heard a person audition for someone else project and you want to request them to be cast as the character in your project and when they accept, it shows everyone that person is cast as that character that would also be helpful, please
Old 02-11-2013   #13
Foxwolf
Web Admin

@Hendercrazy - I definitely understand your concern and while I don't think it should be a requirement, I do think adding it as an option should be sufficient. If a project owner doesn't upload their own clips right off the bat, at least those auditioning can request the owner to upload a clip or two if they want to gauge the quality of the project.

I'll add it to my todo list.

@RH93535 - SaigoSentinel had a similar request and it's on my list to allow non-BTVA members to be cast as a character.
As for for your second question, I have plans to create an "Invite" feature so project owners can invite other members to audition for a specific role.

Last edited by Foxwolf; 02-11-2013 at 01:46 PM.
Foxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013   #14
THETOUCH2012

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/...ead.php?t=7460
Old 02-15-2013   #15
Foxwolf
Web Admin

@THETOUCH2012 you're going to have to state your question more clearly. I don't understand what your issue is and which project(s) it relates to.
Old 02-15-2013   #16
THETOUCH2012

how do i edit my project
i have tried but it will not save
Old 02-15-2013   #17
Foxwolf
Web Admin

which one?
Old 02-15-2013   #18
THETOUCH2012