Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2021   #1
Michaelsar
Senior Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,113
Default The Smurfs

That recent trailer for the new Smurfs show put this idea in my head...

- Papa Smurf - Jeff Bennett
- Smurfette - Tara Strong
- Gargamel - Jim Cummings or Michael Bell
- Azarel - Dee Bradley Baker
- Brainy Smurf - Eddie Deezen or Dee Bradley Baker
- Grouchy Smurf - Michael Bell or Charlie Adler
- Clumsy Smurf - Bill Farmer
- Hefty Smurf - Frank Welker
- Vanity Smurf - Corey Burton
- Jokey Smurf - Tress MacNeille or Lauri Fraser
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021   #2
SNaG
Junior Contributor
 
SNaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Kamurocho
Posts: 1,391
Default Re: The Smurfs

I can take a crack at giving this storied franchise a fitting cast.

Miami Smurfs

Papa Smurf - Chris Jahn
Smurfette - Christina Jopling
Gargamel - Oscar Cheda
Azarel - Roly Gutierrez
Brainy Smurf - Christian Vandepas
Grouchy Smurf - Travis Roig
Clumsy Smurf - Jason Kesser
Hefty Smurf - Phil DuBois
Vanity Smurf - Clay Cartland
Jokey Smurf - Jeni Hacker
__________________


Penguin Strike. Don't ever underestimate the penguins. :p
SNaG is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2021   #3
Jacobrl1999
Member
 
Jacobrl1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 238
Post Re: The Smurfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelsar View Post
- Papa Smurf - Jeff Bennett
- Smurfette - Tara Strong
- Gargamel - Jim Cummings or Michael Bell
- Azarel - Dee Bradley Baker
- Brainy Smurf - Eddie Deezen or Dee Bradley Baker
- Grouchy Smurf - Michael Bell or Charlie Adler
- Clumsy Smurf - Bill Farmer
- Hefty Smurf - Frank Welker
- Vanity Smurf - Corey Burton
- Jokey Smurf - Tress MacNeille or Lauri Fraser
These are honestly all solid suggestions. Nice job!

Anyhoo...

Papa Smurf - Corey Burton
Smurfette - Grey Griffin
Gargamel - Eric Bauza
Azrael - Dee Bradley Baker
Brainy Smurf - Tom Kenny
Grouchy Smurf - Bob Bergen
Clumsy Smurf - Scott Innes
Hefty Smurf - Frank Welker
Vanity Smurf - J.P. Karliak
Jokey Smurf - Nika Futterman

Last edited by Jacobrl1999; 02-19-2021 at 08:03 PM.
Jacobrl1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021   #4
Michaelsar
Senior Member
 
Michaelsar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 1,113
Default Re: The Smurfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobrl1999 View Post
Papa Smurf - Corey Burton
Smurfette - Grey Griffin
Gargamel - Eric Bauza
Azrael - Dee Bradley Baker
Brainy Smurf - Tom Kenny
Grouchy Smurf - Bob Bergen
Clumsy Smurf - Scott Innes
Hefty Smurf - Frank Welker
Vanity Smurf - J.P. Karliak
Jokey Smurf - Nika Futterman
I like it! Especially Bob Bergen as Grouchy. It'd be a nice Playing Against Type role for Bob.
Michaelsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021   #5
Jacobrl1999
Member
 
Jacobrl1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 238
Post Re: The Smurfs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michaelsar View Post
I like it! Especially Bob Bergen as Grouchy. It'd be a nice Playing Against Type role for Bob.
Thanks! I was particularly inspired by his performance as Gabby Goat in "Wabbit" (aka "New Looney Tunes").
Jacobrl1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021   #6
Mutant God
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 198
Default Re: The Smurfs

Papa Smurf - Fred Tatasciore
Smurfette - Hynden Walch
Brainy Smurf - Billy West
Hefty Smurf - John DiMaggio
Handy Smurf - Tom Kenny
Vanity Smurf - Carlos Alazraqui
Grouchy Smurf - Eric Bauza
Jokey Smurf - Greg Cipes
Clumsy Smurf - Kevin McDonald
Sassette Smurf - Jessica DiCicco

Gargamel - Dwight Schultz
Azrael - Grey Griffin
Scruple - Jeff Bennet
Hogatha - Kari Walhgren
Mutant God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021   #7
AnarchyRulez
Member
 
AnarchyRulez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Canada
Age: 21
Posts: 106
Post Re: The Smurfs

And as for the Japanese Cast of Smurfs:

Papa Smurf - Hiroshi Naka
Smurfette - Houko Kuwashima
Gargamel - Hiroki Yasumoto
Azrael - Junichi Suwabe
Brainy Smurf - Takayuki Kondo
Grouchy Smurf - Kenji Nojima
Clumsy Smurf - Hikaru Midorikawa
Hefty Smurf - Cho
Vanity Smurf - Hisao Egawa
Jokey Smurf - Kana Hanazawa
__________________


AnarchyRulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:55 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.