Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 09-02-2014   #1
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Default Update on the future of Casting Call

Hey everyone,

First of all, for those aware of recent discussions, there is no new policy enforced for "abuse" of Casting Call. A comment was made by an Admin (which at its core was made with the best interests for the site) that did not represent a decision made by the BTVA team. However, as has always been the case sitewide, outright offensive behavior is unacceptable and is not welcome here.

Secondly, here is a long overdue update on the state and future of Casting Call (CC). I am aware of the many issues that exist that have made the system less than ideal. I want you all to know there have always been (and still are) plans to add new features to make updates to improve the overall user experience beyond the "Beta" version you've been using. I simply had not had the time for many months to work on or even monitor CC due to work/family commitments.

That being said, I will make a conscious effort in the coming weeks to start new development (drawing from a very long todo list) with an aim to pull CC out of beta and make it more fully-realized before years end. I understand that CC is not only a tool for beginner-VA casting, but also a sub-BTVA-community that is learning from each other and just having fun

If any of you have any questions/comments, feel free to ask them here. I'll do my best to answer them when I have time.

Cheers
Foxwolf

PS. As a heads up, when CC comes out of Beta, all existing projects will be archived (but still accessible). A 1-month heads up notice will be posted before this happens to allow those with active projects to make the transition to the new system.

Last edited by Foxwolf; 09-02-2014 at 11:54 PM.
Foxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014   #2
MagentaCrystal59

Question Problems with Auditioning

Hi! I'm trying to audition for Lauren Paups, but I have a problem with posting my audio lines for them.
They keep saying my audition files are not a valid mp3.
Is there any other way I can post my audition?
I use either Audacity, or the two recording systems on my windows 8 laptop
MagentaCrystal59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014   #3
Timocool

Smile Re: Update on the future of Casting Call

Well if you're gonna do anything about all the troll projects and stuff you better do it soon cause its like a Roman coliseum on the casting calls lol.
Timocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014   #4
foxfamily238

Default Re: Update on the future of Casting Call

Hi, Foxwolf. I received a casting notice that I was cast for a role, and to contact the person in charge, but there is no email or contact information. ??

Thanks,
foxfamily238
foxfamily238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014   #5
illlllya

Quick question!

Once cast, how do you get in touch with the project owner? Is it on them to contact all their actors? Or is there another section of the site for messages and the like?
illlllya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014   #6
Zologe

To save Foxwolf some time, I'll help ya out. The Comment Section is a great way to get in touch with the project leaders. Sometimes, they have contact details like skype and such on the Casting Call Project Summary page. I have my skype up there on my project, so if you wish to contact me through Skype, feel free to do so. :3
Zologe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014   #7
stormy kopa

Hi Foxwolf,

A suggestion for when you bring CC out of beta. Can you add an option to manually enter names for non-BTVA cast members? I think this would be an easy but useful feature to add and the names don't have to have a link like the BTVA accounts do. Thanks!

Stormy Kopa
stormy kopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014   #8
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Thanks for the assist Zologe

@stormy kopa - out of the list of features to add, yours would be one of the quickest to implement, so yes!
Old 11-03-2014   #9
foxfamily238

foxwolf, I still don't have any info on my part. thanks.
foxfamily238 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2014   #10
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Hey foxfamily. As Zologe suggested, if there are no contact details on a project, the best way to contact an owner is via the project's comments section. You could also try Private Messaging in the forums, but some members don't use the forums so no guarantees there.

Unfortunately Casting Call doesn't facilitate a project's process beyond the casting, mainly because owners methods of contact, final recording etc vary from one person to another.

The only thing I can suggest is make a comment on the page and hopefully they respond. A big future update is providing feedback. Those cast can give feedback to a project owner (eg. do they follow-through on a project) and vice versa, ie. owners give feedback to cast members (eg. do they send recordings on time).
Think of it like the ebay feedback system. The aim is that it will help owners and auditioners decide who best to work with.