Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 06-12-2014   #1
TheVengeanceKnight

Default "The Penguins of Madagascar" (2014)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-SElhktQF0

Good news: Benedict Cumberbatch!

Bad news: No Jeff Bennett or James Patrick Stuart.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 05-28-2015 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Retitled.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #2
VctrBnsn

Default Re: The Penguins of Madagascar movie

Highway to the Dangerzone is the perfect song choice. And I have a feeling I'm going to enjoy these new characters. It probably won't happen, but it will be funny if this movie connects to the TV show finally.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014   #3
Ross123

Quote:
Bad news: No Jeff Bennett or James Patrick Stuart.
Instead we get Chris Miller & Chris Knights to reprise their role from the movies. Yeah, I prefer the J's compared to the C's. I agree with you on that all the way.
Old 06-13-2014   #4
DVJ

I have just seen the trailer,and I must say it was rather......underwhelming

In all honesty almost all of the content in the trailer failed to peak my intrest,and I didn't find any of the jokes funny,infact they were pretty weak, especially the one were the husky leader talks about his task force only to constantly get toned out by Skipper loudly munching chips,really DreamWorks that's your highlight in the trailer

To be fair that was only the first trailer,and its highly possible that they simply didn't show the more interesting elements that are featured in the film,like a engaging plot,a cool antagonist,fun supporting characters,better humor,ect... ,but at the moment I don't have high hopes for the movie,but Im hoping to be wrong,because I really don't want it to suck.

Last edited by DVJ; 06-13-2014 at 09:26 AM.
DVJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2014   #5
Blair

This is a movie, so it makes sense bringing back all of the Madagascar movie cast instead of using TV series cast. It is a little confusing when you have a TV series and movies running concurrently.

I loved the Madagascar movies, and I love the TV series. So, with said track record, I will likely love this movie also.
Old 06-16-2014   #6
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

I am definitely excite. The Penguins were the highlights of the Madagascar films for me anyway, so the more of them the better. They're tailor made for a parody of a spy/action film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
This is a movie, so it makes sense bringing back all of the Madagascar movie cast instead of using TV series cast. It is a little confusing when you have a TV series and movies running concurrently.
BOOM. This guy gets it.

As cool as it would be to have veteran VAs like JB and JPS in such a high-profile animated film as two of the main characters, things like that just don't have often. Now, I wouldn't doubt it if Bennett and JPS were involved in the film in a minor capacity - cameo characters or simply 'additional voices'. But yeah, with a film like this, not only would they want to stick with the established voice actors from the previous films, but Chris Miller would already be involved heavily in the production, so he's pretty much always available to record for Kowalski.

It wouldn't necessarily be confusing to have Kowalski and Private with different voices in the movies, but as you alluded to, Miller and Knight were the characters in the movies already. And this is a movie. Why change up the cast if you don't have to? Understandable for the television series where you have a very lengthy timeframe to record for one hundred episodes. But they're just trying to keep things consistent in this regard for the movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
I loved the Madagascar movies, and I love the TV series. So, with said track record, I will likely love this movie also.
Same here.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote