Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > TV Discussion

TV Discussion Chat about your favorite shows and series here.

Old 09-08-2010   #1
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Transformers: Prime

Discuss Transformers Prime Here!!

At first, I was unsure of this show's success, but today, I have decided that it's gonna be great. Why?

DWAYNE "THE ROCK" JOHNSON VOICES CLIFFJUMPER.

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=9&itemid=16333

THIS IS AWESOME.

Last edited by OptimusSolo; 09-13-2011 at 11:43 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010   #2
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Default Re: Transformers: Prime

The Rock has gone from a typical singer/wrestler type celebrity turned actor to someone I consider simply an actor. He's gotten really good over the years and his ability to bring on humor is always fun.

I'll add this news as well as Optimus' Steve Blum as Starscream as a news post.
Old 09-10-2010   #3
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Hmm, the link you sent points to the GI Joe Renegade casting. The only mention of The Rock is in the comments.
Old 09-10-2010   #4
NCZ

Ah, it was updated. It used to contain a message saying that Dwayne Johnson would not be in G.I. Joe, but in Transformers. I got it from the TFwiki.

EDIT: Here's a new link: http://www.allspark.com/content/view/7789/20/. Here's one specifically about The Rock's casting.

Last edited by NCZ; 09-10-2010 at 04:06 AM.
Old 09-10-2010   #5
OptimusSolo
Banned

We also could add a couple more confirmed cast members - I will get to them today hopefully
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010   #6
NCZ

Lots of new information about the show has been revealed on the Hub's website. Miko's last name is now "Nakadai", "Decepticon Troopers" are named Eradicons now, and most of the characters have been shown (Breakdown and Knockout are the exceptions).

Last edited by NCZ; 09-27-2010 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-26-2010   #7
OptimusSolo
Banned

Default Transformers Prime Discussion

So what did everyone think about the first two episodes? I am VERY pleased so far. If you missed them they play again on the 29th and are on Youtube for you to watch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNhwzr3wQnI
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010   #8
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Default Re: Transformers Prime Discussion

Loved it. And I take back what I said about the animation. It's really fluid and detailed. The lighting is especially done well.

What I Loved
- The shocking event in the first episode.
- Ratchet and his jadedness about humans and Earth. Jeffrey Combs is awesome and I think Ratchet is currently my favorite Bot character in this.
- Josh Keaton as Jack. He's an awesome voice actor. Glad he found a main role.
- Arcee being badass and having attitude.
- Bulkhead actually having brawn AND brains. I'm glad they didn't rehash the TF Animated version.
- Good to have Welker back as Megs and not doing the G1 screechy voice.
- Great VA cast. Many of my favorite VA's are in this.

What I Was Picky About
- Bumblebee not talking again. It was fun in the first Bayformers movie but the gimmick wore thin in the second and is now worse with just beeps as his voice.
- Megs having teeth.
- Prime talking without this mouth guard, he looks really young and Cullen's deep voice doesn't fit.
- Starscream being so scrawny
- Not hearing Soundwave talk ... yet
- Still don't like that they have the generic Eradicons.
Old 11-27-2010   #9
NCZ

Yeah, I don't like how Hasbro is getting attached to the idea that Bumblebee can't talk. (An especially strange move because in War for Cybertron, he's just like his original self, speech and all.) I don't know about the new direction they're taking Soundwave in, but he's always been emotionless, so I can see what they're playing at. Regardless, I'm really looking forward to it now, after hearing all the praise. (I don't want to spoil myself by watching it on YouTube; I'm gonna wait until it premieres here up north.)
Old 12-11-2010   #10
tomi

One thing that i,ve been wondering about lately is that if Transformers Prime and TF:War for Cybertron belong to same continuty at all.

Many Transformers related sites degrale as such, and TFWIKI for instance put them into same caterlogy as Transformers Prime continuation.

After playing War For Cyberton and seeing first five-parted of TFrime, one thing however puts this theory in shambles: Dark Energon.

Megatron, as he makes his return to Decepticons forces, shows Dark Energon crystal shard, and declares that it is Blood of Unicron. Starscream regognizes the name and legend that it can revive from the dead, but tone in his voice and him being horrified over Zombi-Cliff indicates that he never expected it to be true.

In War for Cybertron, however, it was Starscream whom had discovered Dark Energon and ever arrogantly warned Megatron not get his hands on it, but Megatron ignored his warnings, and miracously mastered it on his own inner structure. However, unlike in Prime, Dark Energon,s origin was not explained.
In Prime however he himself seems to be rookie to this power before stabbing himself into his chest, draining it,s power and ability to control undead.

Good guy,s reaction over this manner also differs between two stories: Ratchet in Prime seems to be unfamiliar to this matter while Prime isnt, but in WFC Bumblebee, Ratchet and Optimus Prime fought together through countless decepticon foes and encountered Dark Energon and sorrowfully witnessed it corrupting and nearly completely destroying their homeworld.

Is this simply mistake in writers notice or are WFC and TFrime different stories altogether?