Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 10-04-2013   #1
Autovolt

Default "Godzilla" (2014)

http://www.clevver.com/videos/2013/1...ficial-teaser/

What a teaser. My body is so ready for this.

Last edited by TylerMirage; 05-28-2015 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Retitled.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #2
electronic456

Default Re: Godzilla

Oh yes, there is a Godzilla movie coming out. Hopefully it gets done right.
electronic456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013   #3
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013   #4
electronic456

Thumbs down Re: 1998 Godzilla Review

I watched the 1998 movie by Roland Emmerich and I had a lot of problems with this monster movie.

Pros:
- The film tries to bring up a good theory on how Godzilla came to exist and what kind of species is he.
- An excellent car chase sequence is at least watchable.
- Good thing the film at least has a reference to its Japanese origins.
-One moment when Godzilla burst out of the sewer had a little emotional moment until it got ruined by the military firing bullets at him.

Cons:
-There extremely annoying conversations between people that take a long time about Godzilla. It's frustrating.
- Godzilla's appearances are bit too predictable.
- To me there was a lack of emotional connection between Godzilla and the humans, something I wanted from a monster movie.
- Godzilla looks too much like a giant velociraptor rather than the awesome kaiju design. >.>
- Godzilla's offspring is kind of a rip off of the velociraptors from Jurassic Park to me.
-I don't like how Godzilla is dealt with by the military. His species are too easy to kill off.
- This movie really only needed one Godzilla, that could have gone on a huge rampage and speaking of Godzilla's rampage, there just isn't enough destruction caused.....
- The movie would have been more awesome, if Godzilla used more of his atomic breath to burn people in his path.
- Was there a specific reason Godzilla chose to walk through NYC?
- Last but not least, it was a pretty dumb plot about Matthew Broderick's character. Maybe that's what ticked kaiju fans off.

Overall rating: 3.5/10, not that great unfortunately . The adaption failed to capture that much of the original kaiju genre for me and I hated it when Emmerich decides to do Godzilla his style, Peter Jackson's King Kong easily can beat this Godzilla beast any day. Hopefully 2014 can redeem this magnificent beast........

Note:Oh yeah, that Mayor Ebert guy really made me think of Roger Ebert. That was a strange allusion in the film..... There was no need to spoof a certain critic just because he gave a negative review on Emmerich's previous movies like Independence Day.

Last edited by electronic456; 10-05-2013 at 02:44 AM.
Old 12-12-2013   #5
electronic456

Default 2014 Godzilla teaser thoughts

I saw the teaser trailer and now my enthusiasm for the kaiju genre has over exceeded.
Old 12-12-2013   #6
DreamMaster08X

Post Re: Godzilla

I had just watched the teaser.

As a person who has had no passing interest in mega-monster, end-of-the-world, or (unless there is more to this specific film) mindless blockbuster movies whatsoever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-R2EmTQDkc

(But I wished that for the teaser, they didn't show the monster at all.

"Ad hoc, ad loc, and quid pro quo: so little time, so much to know!"
~Jeremy Hillary Boob, Ph.D. - Yellow Submarine [1968]

Album of the Week: "Deep Purple In Rock" by Deep Purple
DreamMaster08X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013   #7
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMaster08X View Post
I had just watched the teaser.

As a person who has had no passing interest in mega-monster, end-of-the-world, or (unless there is more to this specific film) mindless blockbuster movies whatsoever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-R2EmTQDkc

(But I wished that for the teaser, they didn't show the monster at all.
Hey, which NC episode was that from? I swear, I thought I'd kept up with all of them since the reboot (except for one) but I don't remember this scene... or the one where they are all shouting "YES" in a really creepy way.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #8
DreamMaster08X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post
Hey, which NC episode was that from? I swear, I thought I'd kept up with all of them since the reboot (except for one) but I don't remember this scene... or the one where they are all shouting "YES" in a really creepy way.
Actually, they both come from a string of special videos made by the Critic a few months back known as "Esults". IF you want to know more about them, this is the video to go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gzWK...IEI_PGeIXTe9RZ

I also use one other of those videos titles "For Whiners", which is my personal favorite.

Old 12-13-2013   #9
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMaster08X View Post
Actually, they both come from a string of special videos made by the Critic a few months back known as "Esults". IF you want to know more about them, this is the video to go to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gzWK...IEI_PGeIXTe9RZ

I also use one other of those videos titles "For Whiners", which is my personal favorite.
Ah, okay. Thanks. I remember him announcing those, but I wasn't interested enough to watch them. But, like most other Nostalgia Critic videos, they can make for some perfect reaction clips.
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013   #10
DreamMaster08X

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychicVoiceSpy View Post
Ah, okay. Thanks. I remember him announcing those, but I wasn't interested enough to watch them. But, like most other Nostalgia Critic videos, they can make for some perfect reaction clips.
You'll find the "For Whiners", "For Those Wondering If I'm Impressed", and "For When Something Good [or Bad] Happens" to be the most effective.