Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 05-25-2014   #1
DravenRoth994

Default I Know That Voice DVD

For those that are interested to know, the I Know That Voice documentary will be available to purchase on Amazon for 17.96 on June 17.

http://www.amazon.com/Voice-Kevin-Co...now+that+voice

You can also get it on Amazon Instant Video.

http://www.amazon.com/I-Know-That-Vo.../dp/B00GK51IGE

I don't know of anywhere else, but its good to know it's being sold. I'm certainly saving up for my copy.
DravenRoth994 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #2
VctrBnsn

Default Re: I Know That Voice DVD

The documentary I Know that voice has been uploaded in full on Youtube, in case you haven't seen it yet. Here is the link.

Believe me, you'll be geeking out as a new VA gets interviewed in every scene. It's really cool.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara

Last edited by Foxwolf; 07-09-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: removed youtube link - this is a voice acting site, please support the VAs
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #3
DravenRoth994

Quote:
Originally Posted by VctrBnsn View Post
The documentary I Know that voice has been uploaded in full on Youtube, in case you haven't seen it yet. Here is the link.

Believe me, you'll be geeking out as a new VA gets interviewed in every scene. It's really cool.
I've seen it already on Comcast, and I certainly was geeking out!!!! Thanks for providing me the link though. Its just I liked it so much, I want to have my own copy. I also hope there are maybe some scenes on the DVD that didn't make the cut for time. Lauren Tom and Cree Summer weren't in it much (the former especially).

Last edited by Foxwolf; 07-09-2014 at 09:11 PM. Reason: removed youtube link
Old 06-19-2014   #4
Sparx94

Dose Jess Harnell get a lot of parts?
Sparx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #5
VctrBnsn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparx94 View Post
Dose Jess Harnell get a lot of parts?
Yes, and a couple of very interesting stories.

And I would also like to see a bit more of Cree and Lauren, but most of the actors got adequate screen time.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #6
Sparx94

Quote:
Yes, and a couple of very interesting stories.

And I would also like to see a bit more of Cree and Lauren, but most of the actors got adequate screen time.
Faboo! I think Cree sang in an Animaniacs episode didn't she? The Tiger Prince I think.
Sparx94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #7
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

I could watch it for free on Youtube, but man, Imma' gonna' buy this mofo on iTunes just to show my support!

I watched a few random snippets, and I AM JUST SO PUMPED.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2014   #8
Blair

For anyone interested in watching the YouTube video, I would not put off watching it until later. It is likely not an official release and could be removed at any time.

Quote:
That is likely true for every single person who has a favorite actor/actress. "Just let him/her talk some more... a few hours of his/her entire portfolio is all that I want. Is that really too much to ask for?"

I enjoyed this a lot because I always love hearing their perspective on things, and this one was a bit different from what I have heard before. They also had some really good stories; I particularly liked the one Conroy told about serving meals after 9/11.

Not to knock it, because the voice is so iconic, but I do get a little irritated with the level of "OMG" people have hearing Batman's voice, Conroy's only truly notable credit. Meanwhile you have great actors with a plethora of great voices that the same people react like "Meh. Who cares? Batman is here!"

Tara Strong makes a comment that I related to (ironically, specifically about her.) I was taking care of my nieces over the weekend recently, and we started watching Fairly OddParents. A little while in, I had them listen closely to Timmy's voice and then told them it was actually a girl doing that voice. They were surprised. It just happened the next thing that they wanted to watch was My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. As soon as Twilight Sparkle began speaking, I said, "You remember I said a girl did the boy voice on the other show? That's her doing Twilight's voice too." That blew their minds.

Last edited by Blair; 06-19-2014 at 03:51 PM.
Blair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014   #9
DravenRoth994

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blair View Post
For anyone interested in watching the YouTube video, I would not put off watching it until later. It is likely not an official release and could be removed at any time.

That is likely true for every single person who has a favorite actor/actress. "Just let him/her talk some more... a few hours of his/her entire portfolio is all that I want. Is that really too much to ask for?"

I enjoyed this a lot because I always love hearing their perspective on things, and this one was a bit different from what I have heard before. They also had some really good stories; I particularly liked the one Conroy told about serving meals after 9/11.

Not to knock it, because the voice is so iconic, but I do get a little irritated with the level of "OMG" people have hearing Batman's voice, Conroy's only truly notable credit. Meanwhile you have great actors with a plethora of great voices that the same people react like "Meh. Who cares? Batman is here!"

Tara Strong makes a comment that I related to (ironically, specifically about her.) I was taking care of my nieces over the weekend recently, and we started watching Fairly OddParents. A little while in, I had them listen closely to Timmy's voice and then told them it was actually a girl doing that voice. They were surprised. It just happened the next thing that they wanted to watch was My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. As soon as Twilight Sparkle began speaking, I said, "You remember I said a girl did the boy voice on the other show? That's her doing Twilight's voice too." That blew their minds.
That's practically how I felt with Grey Delisle at the time. Of course, everyone was entertaining to listen to, so it wasn't such a problem.
Old 07-09-2014   #10
DravenRoth994

I FINALLY got my DVD in the mail today(or at least UPS) and you guys will be happy to know that the DVD includes 83 minutes of bonus features!!!!!

They include:

16 additional interviews

Deleted Scenes(only 3 though)

I Know That Voice Panel ComicCon 2013

A Commentary with John DiMaggio, Lawrence Shapiro, and Tommy Reid.

and 5.1 Audio. I don't quite understand what that means.

Sadly, Lauren Tom is still left on the cutting room floor, but the footage still sounds worthwhile regardless. To give you a little taste, Some of the interviews talk of Andrea Romano's "First Time", Kath Soucie talks of "Developing a Character", and Dee Bradley Baker gives a full monologue of "All The World's a Stage". One of the deleted scenes is called "John DiMaggio: The Meryl Streep of Voice Acting". Wondering how all that plays out? SO. AM. I!!!!!