Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Movie Discussion

Movie Discussion Discuss all things related to upcoming, latest and classic movies! Threads may contain SPOILERS!

Old 05-21-2014   #101
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Default Re: Ben Affleck is Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVengeanceKnight View Post
Relevant.

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com...nhunter-goofy/

This is the same guy who's gonna be writing the *snickers* DC Cinematic Universe *snickers even more*.
Simply commenting on Goyer's opinions for She-Hulk and MM...

I may not agree with him, but the man's just as entitled to his opinion as we are to ours. If that's what he thinks about those two characters, so be it.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #102
TheVengeanceKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamMaster08X View Post
Well, at least he's not writing for a She-Hulk or M.M. movie.

Is he?
Hopefully not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerMirage View Post
Simply commenting on Goyer's opinions for She-Hulk and MM...

I may not agree with him, but the man's just as entitled to his opinion as we are to ours. If that's what he thinks about those two characters, so be it.
To which I respond with this (directed at Goyer):

Had to be done.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #103
PsychicVoiceSpy

Now, given that the guy wrote Man of Steel, I don't hold him in the highest of high regards as a storyteller, but in the comments section of this article several people have said that these quotes were taken from a podcast, and in that podcast, he supposedly has a light, sarcastic, joking tone and wasn't being serious with these comments about these two characters. I didn't check that out myself to see if it's true, but I would recommend actually researching it a little more to make sure first. It's not a good idea to take something at face value or the word of people on the internet. Because I think we all know that pissed off nerds on the internet can be a very gossipy, petty, dishonest, ignorant, hateful bunch of brain-dead zombies from time to time.

...Ya know, that's just my two cents...
PsychicVoiceSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #104
TheVengeanceKnight

Even if he was joking, it still doesn't excuse him for what he said.
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2014   #105
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
Even if he was joking, it still doesn't excuse him for what he said.
Please be a little more specific on what he said that was inexcusable and why it was.
Old 05-22-2014   #106
TheGreenSpeedster

The official logo and title have been revealed.

Can't say I'm a big fan of Batman getting top billing over Superman (Even though I'm fully convinced that this isn't a sequel to Man of Steel) or having "Dawn" in the title, that has to be one of the most overused words when it comes to movie titles.

But besides those two things, I'm fine with it.
Old 05-22-2014   #107
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Quote:
To which I respond with this (directed at Goyer):

Oh yeah, completely agree. But like I said, he's entitled to hold those views. (How stupid those views are subjective ). That's the beauty of opinions. He can have his, we can have ours, and it's not like it'll affect the food on our table or the money in our bank accounts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenSpeedster View Post
The official logo and title have been revealed.

*snip super big image*

Can't say I'm a big fan of Batman getting top billing over Superman (Even though I'm fully convinced that this isn't a sequel to Man of Steel)...
Everything they do or say about this movie just makes this fact so much clearer.

Heck, even MAN OF STEEL: DAWN OF JUSTICE - still with the Batman/Superman logo - would've been peachy keen with me. "Dawn of Justice" sounds ballin' to me, and although I may not like what the DCU is doing in their live-action world lately, I like the hint at the JL movie. But yeah, Batman getting top-billing?

We get it. Batman's in the movie. He's only been half of the marketing for this movie so far. The Bat-insignia is in the movie logo. Even just taking into account the bat-insignia and the word "justice" in the title, most people would be inclined to think that Batman's in the movie. But nope, they gotta' hit us over the head with that anvil but putting Batman's name in the title, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreenSpeedster View Post
...or having "Dawn" in the title, that has to be one of the most overused words when it comes to movie titles.
I dunno', I'd be hardpressed to say that "Dawn" is even in the top five of "overused movie title words". "Dawn" isn't nearly as bad as say, "Revenge" or "Returns" or "Dark".

The Dawn Patrol (1938)
The Dawn Patrol (1938)
Each Dawn I Die (1939)
Hold Back the Dawn (1941)
Deadline at Dawn (1946)
Decision Before Dawn (1950)
Escape at Dawn (1950)
Dawn of the Dead (1978)
Zulu Dawn (1979)
Just Before Dawn (1981)
Red Dawn (1984)
Steel Dawn (1987)
From Dusk Til Dawn (1996)
From Dusk Til Dawn II: Texas Blood Money (1999)
Voodoo Dawn (1999)
From Dusk Til Dawn 3: The Hangman's Daughter (2000)
Dawn of the Dead (2004)
Black Dawn (2005)
Rescue Dawn (2006)
September Dawn (2007)
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs (2009)
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader (2010)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 1 (2011)
Red Dawn (2012)
The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn, Part 2 (2012)
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes (2014)
Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

27 films in an entire century of filmmaking? That's an average of ONE "Dawn" movie 3-4 every years. Not all that frequent.

And I mean, really, who - outside of super hardcore film studies majors or super hardcore cinephiles - has even heard of half of those (outside of the recent blockbuster films)? Most people wouldn't know of any of those movies prior to Red Dawn or Dawn of the Dead in the 70s and 80s, or even some of the ones from the early 2000s.

I'll take "Dawn of ______" over "Revenge of ________", "Return of _________" or "blah blah DARK blah blah" any day of the week.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014   #108
VctrBnsn

I was really hoping for Worlds finest, but this is miles above some of the other proposed names.

https://www.fictionpress.com/s/3173518/1/Masai-Mara
VctrBnsn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014   #109
Music Meister

Reading what Goyer said about She-Hulk and Martian Manhunter, it doesn't really effect me. They are just fictional characters after all. Only thing that bothered me about his 'rant' is that went on about how She-Hulk is basically the only thing Hulk can have have sex when you know their cousins, so he clearly doesn't know that much about her. With MM, he just called him a lamer Superman, I don't agree but oh well.

Also he and the other poeple weren't taking things too seriously so take that into account.

That being said, there was something he said that did get on my nerves.
Goyer: How many poeple here have even heard of Martian Manhunter?
(Gets a very good response, better than he expected)
Goyer: And how many of those poeple have ever been laid?
Don't know if he should be insulting DC 'nerds' when their is target audience. It's also just immature and rather pathetic.

As for th logo, looks good wish the Batman symbol was a little more 3D but its fine overall. Not a fan of the name, Dawn of Justice just doesn't do it for me. Why not World's Finest? And yeah Bats getting top billing is a little questionable but I'm more upset at the 'vs', everyone knows their not gonna be enemies through the entire thing.
Old 05-22-2014   #110
PsychicVoiceSpy

Quote:
That being said, there was something he said that did get on my nerves.
Goyer: How many poeple here have even heard of Martian Manhunter?
(Gets a very good response, better than he expected)
Goyer: And how many of those poeple have ever been laid?
Don't know if he should be insulting DC 'nerds' when their is target audience. It's also just immature and rather pathetic.
I agree. Insulting fictional characters, whether it's done ignorantly or not, might hurt people's feelings but it's by no means some inexcusable crime. I don't know what his tone was with this part either, if he was joking (it would still be an awful joke), then whatever, but if he was seriously insulting anyone who has so much as heard of Martian Manhunter with childish bull like that then yeah, I can see why people would take offense. Until that can be proven, I'd rather give the guy the benefit of the doubt and not assume he's some raging offensive idiot.