Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

View Poll Results: who'll voice eren?
johnny yong bosch 2 25.00%
aaron dismuke 0 0%
vic mignonga 1 12.50%
todd haberkorn 0 0%
bryce papenbrook 4 50.00%
erik kimerer 0 0%
christopher cleary-stoner 1 12.50%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-15-2014   #1
spider-batmanx12

Default who will voice eren jaeger

alright, since i was very wrong about josh grelle voicing eren i just have no idea who'll voice him.

i doubt it's aaron because he doesn't quite seem to fit the role. i know we want him to star in a main role as much as i do but lets face it his voice doesn't hit right home with the emotions of the character. i doubt it's vic mignonga because i doubt funimation needed another edward elric. todd is pretty much overused in many main roles despite him being a good voice actor. JYB is great but doesn't really fit eren IMO. eren's too emotional and erengetic to be played by johnny.

so with all said in done my choice would come down to either bryce papenbrook, christopher cleary-stoner, or erik kimerer and with greg ayres attending anime boston along with josh grelle, trina nishimura, and matthew mercer i just hope he's not gonna be eren. i really like greg and i think he's a fine actor but he just doens't fit for eren. he should've been armin. josh is a great armin so far but funimation made a total miscast if he is voicing eren.
spider-batmanx12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014   #2
The Ear of One

Default Re: who will voice eren jaeger

the way they said they will announce it almsot made it sound it would be a totally unknown.

still I can agree maybe Aaron is not the rigth one. he has played emo charachters, but I feel more to the comedic side. hell if they did a dub of Blood lad let him voice Staz (although that may be familair)

Bryan seemed like the closest choice to me.
JYB has the scream but thats to famialir.

and do people guess Greg becuase he will be there? if he can do the guy from Deadman I feel like he could do this one too.

eitehr way I have no rigth guesses.
we see
if its New or Famialir.
The Ear of One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #3
Autovolt

I would not complain if it Aaron Dismuke was cast, he hasn't done much and this could easily be the breakout role for him in his adulthood.

However since I see some LA VA's have been cast, it doesn't really rule out Bryce Papenbrook being an option though I find it will be highly unlikely.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #4
The Ear of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
I would not complain if it Aaron Dismuke was cast, he hasn't done much and this could easily be the breakout role for him in his adulthood.

However since I see some LA VA's have been cast, it doesn't really rule out Bryce Papenbrook being an option though I find it will be highly unlikely.
if they ever did a dub on Kuroko Basketball I would have liked Aaron to be that main chracters voice.

i was thinking recently of Ben Diskin as Eren. but his voice may be too light and wont´suits the high yells. bryce seems more likely.
The Ear of One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #5
akersaotome

I like the fact that this website is becoming a good place to debate about anything voice acting related.

Over the past week, the cast for the characters has been revealed in time with the premiere at Anime Boston this year. Plenty of hype has been generated, from the fan favourites like Mikasa Ackerman and Levi, and I have to say good casting choices for those two characters.

Of course this now leads to the main character himself and who gets to play him. My initial thought was Josh Grelle but it was revealed that he plays Armin Arlert instead. It now leaves a few possible choices as mentioned in this poll. Looking at the poll, most are L.A based actors. Three of them have worked in-house at Funimation, two of them have worked with Mike McFarland before. The other two Bryce Papenbrook and Erik Kimerer haven't yet worked on in-house Funimation licensed titles. It would be a huge risk for the casting director to cast either of them as Eren Jaeger because a) they have yet to work with Mike McFarland, b) expensive to fly out and accommodate an unknown quantity from a directors standpoint and c) can they complete all of the recording within a short period of time?

As much I like the idea of an out of towner/out of state, or a even a young actor to land this role, it will not surprise me if Greg Ayres gets this role. The sad thing is I can't think of a reason why.
akersaotome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014   #6
spider-batmanx12

Quote:
Originally Posted by akersaotome View Post
I like the fact that this website is becoming a good place to debate about anything voice acting related.

Over the past week, the cast for the characters has been revealed in time with the premiere at Anime Boston this year. Plenty of hype has been generated, from the fan favourites like Mikasa Ackerman and Levi, and I have to say good casting choices for those two characters.

Of course this now leads to the main character himself and who gets to play him. My initial thought was Josh Grelle but it was revealed that he plays Armin Arlert instead. It now leaves a few possible choices as mentioned in this poll. Looking at the poll, most are L.A based actors. Three of them have worked in-house at Funimation, two of them have worked with Mike McFarland before. The other two Bryce Papenbrook and Erik Kimerer haven't yet worked on in-house Funimation licensed titles. It would be a huge risk for the casting director to cast either of them as Eren Jaeger because a) they have yet to work with Mike McFarland, b) expensive to fly out and accommodate an unknown quantity from a directors standpoint and c) can they complete all of the recording within a short period of time?

As much I like the idea of an out of towner/out of state, or a even a young actor to land this role, it will not surprise me if Greg Ayres gets this role. The sad thing is I can't think of a reason why.
if greg does get casted then let me be the first to say what the heck mike and the people behind the anime were thinking? greg obviously doesn't fit eren and he's already a big named actor. aaron is already a big named guy but i can sympathize with people wanting him to land a lead role in his current age. but with the fact that he's at anime boston with matt, josh, and trina and there are no roles that fit him i'm afraid that he might be eren
Old 03-16-2014   #7
Autovolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-batmanx12 View Post
if greg does get casted then let me be the first to say what the heck mike and the people behind the anime were thinking? greg obviously doesn't fit eren and he's already a big named actor. aaron is already a big named guy but i can sympathize with people wanting him to land a lead role in his current age. but with the fact that he's at anime boston with matt, josh, and trina and there are no roles that fit him i'm afraid that he might be eren
I keep checking the Anime Boston website and I don't see Aaron Dismuke list as a guest? so where are you getting that?
Old 03-16-2014   #8
spider-batmanx12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
I keep checking the Anime Boston website and I don't see Aaron Dismuke list as a guest? so where are you getting that?
i was talking about greg
Old 03-22-2014   #9
Autovolt

Bryce Papenbrook is Eren Jaeger.

I'm actually shocked that this is happening. I can't wait to actually watch the dub.
Old 03-22-2014   #10
akersaotome

There goes my prediction for Greg Ayres as Eren Jaeger. Joking aside, that is pretty hype to even cast Bryce Papenbrook for the character. The risks involved are enormous but I have faith in Mike McFarland and the suits from Japan's in their casting choice.
akersaotome is offline   Reply With Quote