Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 02-14-2016   #111
Fayelee_Darkclaw

Send a message via MSN to Fayelee_Darkclaw Send a message via Yahoo to Fayelee_Darkclaw
Default Re: Suggestions/Improvements

How about a way to get a ahold of cast after they been cast either a msg system or if a person casted the person can email them to send them info and/or script im having a heck of a time trying to get ahold of those i've casted.
Fayelee_Darkclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016   #112
Rotherian

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but I would like the ability either to delete or to hide roles on my auditions page that were cast to someone else. Possibly this could be expanded to auto-hiding auditions for projects that have not had any changes (on anyone's part - no new auditions, no activity by the owner, etc) for a given period of time.

This is just pseudocode, but it could be something to the effect of this:
Code:
IF ((timeSinceLastActivity >= maxInactivityLimit) || (castMemberID != viewingUserID)) {audition.isVisible = FALSE;}
Of course, you probably have different variable names, but I think that you see where I am going with that. (Also, I realize that there might be a use case in which someone that is neither the cast actor nor the person that auditioned might want to view someone else's unsuccessful auditions, but if that is a necessary use case, then the 'visible to the person that auditioned' flag should be able to be toggled.

Thanks for your time.
Rotherian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2016   #113
farsite3

I've got a few suggestions.

1.) First and foremost, I think that there should be a search feature in the casting call section. There have been many times where I wanted to find a project again, or was wondering if anyone was doing a fandub/abridged series of a specific show, but it was difficult to find. This would be useful in many ways.

2.) I think something should be done to automatically approve people's auditions if the project owner has been absent. I've had projects where many people auditioned, and wanted to get their voices out and heard (myself included), but couldn't because the project had been abandoned.
farsite3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2020   #114
AtemLover24

Send a message via AIM to AtemLover24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Have any suggestions on how Casting Call could be improved? Maybe there's a new feature you'd like to see.

Would love to hear what's cooking on your brain
I would like the site to have a delete project button pretty please, cause I have to many old projects that need to be deleted
AtemLover24 is offline   Reply With Quote