Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Old 06-21-2018   #271
Lion's Edge

Default Re: Kingdom Hearts + Disney General Dream Casts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HK-47 master View Post
Favorites in bold; I particularly like the idea of Matthew Mercer as Hercules, Kevin Conroy as Kerchak, and Tom Baker as Professor Porter. It's funny you should mention Christopher Lee as a choice for Frollo because Charles Dance always did somewhat remind me of him.

Just as a small footnote; while his Volstagg voice is a good template, I actually got the idea of Fred as Tantor based off his Wayne Knight impression.
I admit, I haven't actually heard his Wayne Knight impression, in all honesty. ^^ And Dance certainly has the essence of Lee, in how he speaks and how distinct his voice is. And thanks again for the responses!

The Incredibles
Bob Parr/Mr. Incredible: George Newbern (Clark Kent//Superman, Superman vs. The Elite)
Helen Parr/Elastigirl: Nicole Sullivan (Drew Saturday, The Secret Saturdays)
Dashiel "Dash" Parr: Sunny Suijic (Atreus, God of War [2018])
Violet Parr: Cristina Vee (Rei Hino/Sailor Mars, Sailor Moon Crystal)
Jack Jack Parr:Tara Strong (Poof, The Fairly OddParents)
Lucius Best/Frozone: Alex Désert (Nick Fury, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Buddy Pine/Syndrome: Wally Wingert (Hank Pym/Yellowjacket, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Mirage: Natalia Cigliuti (Shana O'Hara/Scarlett, G.I. Joe: Renegades)
Edna Mode: Steve Blum (Leeron, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
Rick Dicker: Peter Cullen (Eeyore, The Tigger Movie)

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Buzz Lightyear: Travis Willingham (Clark Kent/Superman, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes)
Mira Nova: Vanessa Marshall (Natasha Romanov/Black Widow, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Booster Munchapper: Tyler Labine (Hunk, Voltron: Legendary Defender)
XR> Alan Tudyk (K-2SO, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story)
Commander Nebula: J. K. Simmons (J. Jonah Jameson, Ultimate Spider-Man)
LGM: Todd Haberkorn (Grey Matter, Ben 10 [2016])

Evil Emperor Zurg: Fred Tatasciore (Lord Dominator (Masked), Wander Over Yonder)
Warp Darkmatter: Will Arnett (Bruce Wayne/Batman, The LEGO Batman Movie)
Grubs: Richard Steven Horvitz (Zim, Invader Zim)
Gravitina: Grey Griffin (Azula, Avatar: The Last Airbender)
NOS-4-A2: David Tennant (Kevin Thompson/Kilgrave, Jessica Jones)
Lion's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018   #272
HK-47 master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion's Edge View Post
I admit, I haven't actually heard his Wayne Knight impression, in all honesty. ^^ And Dance certainly has the essence of Lee, in how he speaks and how distinct his voice is. And thanks again for the responses!

The Incredibles
Bob Parr/Mr. Incredible: George Newbern (Clark Kent//Superman, Superman vs. The Elite)
Lucius Best/Frozone: Alex Désert (Nick Fury, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Buddy Pine/Syndrome: Wally Wingert (Hank Pym/Yellowjacket, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command
Buzz Lightyear: Travis Willingham (Clark Kent/Superman, LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes)
Mira Nova: Vanessa Marshall (Natasha Romanov/Black Widow, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Booster Munchapper: Tyler Labine (Hunk, Voltron: Legendary Defender)
XR> Alan Tudyk (K-2SO, Rogue One: A Star Wars Story)
Commander Nebula: J. K. Simmons (J. Jonah Jameson, Ultimate Spider-Man)
LGM: Todd Haberkorn (Grey Matter, Ben 10 [2016])

Evil Emperor Zurg: Fred Tatasciore (Lord Dominator (Masked), Wander Over Yonder)
Warp Darkmatter: Will Arnett (Bruce Wayne/Batman, The LEGO Batman Movie)
Grubs: Richard Steven Horvitz (Zim, Invader Zim)
Gravitina: Grey Griffin (Azula, Avatar: The Last Airbender)
NOS-4-A2: David Tennant (Kevin Thompson/Kilgrave, Jessica Jones)
Favorites in bold for The Incredibles. I recall watching a few episodes Buzz Lightyear of Star Command when I was a kid, but I don't have a great knowledge of the series as a whole; but I did in particular like the idea of Travis Willingham as Buzz Lightyear and Fred Tatasciore as Zurg (espiecially since I could imagine him playing a sinister Andrew Stanton-style Zurg or a more campy Wayne Knight-style one).

As for Fred's Wayne Knight impression; according to IMDB, he voiced Dennis Nedry in the LEGO Jurassic World game (a game that utilizes archive audio and voice actors in speaking roles and Dennis was one of those characters). I'm unable to find an isolated clip but I was able to find a compilation of the cutscenes. The first cutscene he appears in begins at about 8:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG3kZbFD1Zk

He has little to work with and it could be a bit more refined but I feel like he's got the voice and essence of Wayne Knight down; and since he has a knack for celebrity impersonations, and I think he could perfect it with more material.
HK-47 master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018   #273
Lion's Edge

Quote:
Favorites in bold for The Incredibles. I recall watching a few episodes Buzz Lightyear of Star Command when I was a kid, but I don't have a great knowledge of the series as a whole; but I did in particular like the idea of Travis Willingham as Buzz Lightyear and Fred Tatasciore as Zurg (espiecially since I could imagine him playing a sinister Andrew Stanton-style Zurg or a more campy Wayne Knight-style one).

As for Fred's Wayne Knight impression; according to IMDB, he voiced Dennis Nedry in the LEGO Jurassic World game (a game that utilizes archive audio and voice actors in speaking roles and Dennis was one of those characters). I'm unable to find an isolated clip but I was able to find a compilation of the cutscenes. The first cutscene he appears in begins at about 8:00:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG3kZbFD1Zk

He has little to work with and it could be a bit more refined but I feel like he's got the voice and essence of Wayne Knight down; and since he has a knack for celebrity impersonations, and I think he could perfect it with more material.
Thank you again! And that's why Fred stood out for me as Zurg--he easily has the chops to pull off either iteration of the Evil Emperor.

And huh... that's actually a pretty solid Wayne Knight impression... yup, I am totally sold!
Old 06-22-2018   #274
Hayworth

Quote:
The Incredibles
I think Cristina as Violet is the only one I have trouble picturing

Otherwise, I think this is great. Nicole, Sunny, Wally and Blum are all so well-cast it's criminal, and George Newbern as Bob, as different from Craig T Nelson as it would sound, is a special kind of genius
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018   #275
Lion's Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayworth View Post
I think Cristina as Violet is the only one I have trouble picturing

Otherwise, I think this is great. Nicole, Sunny, Wally and Blum are all so well-cast it's criminal, and George Newbern as Bob, as different from Craig T Nelson as it would sound, is a special kind of genius
Bob, I knew I had to do something special for. My two picks were ultimately Dan Castellaneta and George Newbern. One was THE sitcom dad, the other was THE superhero. Ultimately, George narrowly edged it out for me, because I felt it was just such a special casting to fit what The Incredibles is at its core: a love-letter and reconstruction of the superhero genre. What better way to symbolise that, for me, was there than to include my favourite Superman himself as his closest pastiche.

And thanks so much! Dash was actually SUPER difficult to cast for a while, until I played GOW2018 and got to know Atreus. And Steve Blum as Edna was... just, from the start, always going to be my conclusion.
Old 06-24-2018   #276
HyperVoiceActing

Quote:
Well played, good sir lol
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018   #277
Lion's Edge

The Lion King
Simba: Ray Chase (Noctis Lucis Caelum, Final Fantasy XV) OR Josh Keaton (Takashi Shirogane, Voltron: Legendary Defender)
-Simba [Cub]: Max Charles (Kion, The Lion Guard)
Nala: Kari Wahlgren (Artoria Pendragon/Saber, Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works [2015])
-Nala [Cub]: Skylar Dunn (Charity Hallett [Young], The Greatest Showman)
Mufasa: Jonathan Adams (Nathaniel Richards/Kang the Conqueror, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Taka/Scar: Graham McTavish (Loki Laufeyson, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Timon: Billy West (Phillip J. Fry, Futurama)
Pumbaa: John DiMaggio (Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Batman: The Brave and The Bold)
Rafiki: Forest Whitaker (Zuri, Black Panther)
Zazu: David Tennant (Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who)
Sarabi: Susan Dalian (Ororo Munroe/Storm, Wolverine and the X-Men)
Shenzi: Cree Summer (Nebula, Guardians of the Galaxy [2015])
Banzai: Eric Bauza (The Beagle Boys, DuckTales [2017])
Ed: Steve Blum (The Green Goblin, The Spectacular Spider-Man)

Whew... about time I finally got to revisiting my favourite all-time Disney film. tbh, I have a casting list of who I feel could make good Simba voices (albeit, not going so much off of Matthew Broderick, much as I do like his Simba, and more so off of who I feel fits the character) if anyone is interested in seeing it?
Old 06-27-2018   #278
HK-47 master

Quote:
The Lion King
Simba: Ray Chase (Noctis Lucis Caelum, Final Fantasy XV) OR Josh Keaton (Takashi Shirogane, Voltron: Legendary Defender)
-Simba [Cub]: Max Charles (Kion, The Lion Guard)
Nala: Kari Wahlgren (Artoria Pendragon/Saber, Fate/stay night Unlimited Blade Works [2015])
-Nala [Cub]: Skylar Dunn (Charity Hallett [Young], The Greatest Showman)
Mufasa: Jonathan Adams (Nathaniel Richards/Kang the Conqueror, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Taka/Scar: Graham McTavish (Loki Laufeyson, The Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes)
Timon: Billy West (Phillip J. Fry, Futurama)
Pumbaa: John DiMaggio (Arthur Curry/Aquaman, Batman: The Brave and The Bold)
Rafiki: Forest Whitaker (Zuri, Black Panther)
Zazu: David Tennant (Tenth Doctor, Doctor Who)
Sarabi: Susan Dalian (Ororo Munroe/Storm, Wolverine and the X-Men)
Shenzi: Cree Summer (Nebula, Guardians of the Galaxy [2015])
Banzai: Eric Bauza (The Beagle Boys, DuckTales [2017])
Ed: Steve Blum (The Green Goblin, The Spectacular Spider-Man)

Whew... about time I finally got to revisiting my favourite all-time Disney film. tbh, I have a casting list of who I feel could make good Simba voices (albeit, not going so much off of Matthew Broderick, much as I do like his Simba, and more so off of who I feel fits the character) if anyone is interested in seeing it?
You know, this is one of those rare fancasts where I don't need to put favorites in bold because they are all really good. Zuri from Black Panther actually reminded me of Rafiki, though I suppose that was part of the inspiration.

And in answer to your question; yes, I am interested in seeing your casting list for Simba.
HK-47 master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018   #279
HyperVoiceActing

I just started watching episode of the Legends of the Three Caballeros that have been leaked on YouTube, and I felt like making a short recast list for the show.

Donald - Tony Anselmo
Jose - Robin Atkin Downes
Panchito - Eric Bauza
Xandra, Goddess of Adventure - Susan Eisenburg
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018   #280
Lion's Edge

Quote:
You know, this is one of those rare fancasts where I don't need to put favorites in bold because they are all really good. Zuri from Black Panther actually reminded me of Rafiki, though I suppose that was part of the inspiration.

And in answer to your question; yes, I am interested in seeing your casting list for Simba.
Thanks man! ^_^ REALLY glad to hear that!

Simba
-Ray Chase (Noctis Lucis Caelum, Final Fantasy XV)
-Josh Keaton (Takashi Shirogane, Voltron: Legendary Defender)
-Matthew Mercer (Chrom, Fire Emblem: Awakening)
-Troy Baker (Yuri Lowell, Tales of Vesperia)
-Vic Mignogna (Edward Elric, Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood)
-Freddie Prinze Jr (Caleb Dume/Kanan Jarrus, Star Wars Rebels)
-Neil Patrick Harris (Peter Parker/Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions)
-Lin-Manuel Miranda (Alexander Hamilton, Hamilton)
-Michael B. Jordan (Adonis Creed, Creed)
-Chris Pratt (Peter Quill/Star-Lord, Guardians of the Galaxy [2014])