Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > Dream Casts

Dream Casts Be the Voice Director and cast your favorite voices for different shows, movies or games!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2018   #251
Hayworth
Member
 
Hayworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 241
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
Paul Rudd - Yamcha
Katee Sackhoff - Android 18
Nick Kroll - Emperor Pilaf
Kate McKinnon - Agent Mai
Michael Sheen - Whis
I actually really like these, hahaha
Hayworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018   #252
Polyester Funk
Senior Member
 
Polyester Funk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Illinois
Posts: 1,062
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
OK, this is something completely silly that I'm just doing out of boredom to pass some time, so don't take this too seriously.

One of the things that held back the English dub of Battle of Gods was Fox holding the distribution rights to any Dragon Ball movies in America (thanks to them producing Evolution), which made some fans worried that the dub would use celebrities instead of the Funimation cast. Naturally, in hindsight, those fears were silly, but let's take a step into a parallel universe and see what "Hollywood dub" of Battle of Gods could have been like.

Chris Evans - Son Goku
Ray Stevenson - Vegeta
Garrett Hedlund - Son Gohan
Ty Simpkins - Trunks
Anton Starkman - Son Goten
Djimon Hounsou - Piccolo
Jonah Hill - Krillin
Sam Worthington - Tien Shinhan
Paul Rudd - Yamcha
Ginnifer Goodwin - Bulma
Jennifer Aniston - Chi-Chi
Elizabeth Olsen - Videl
Katee Sackhoff - Android 18
Jackie Chan - Master Roshi
Hulk Hogan - Mr. Satan
Adam Sandler - Majin Buu (please, forgive me )
Elijah Wood - Dende
Nick Kroll - Emperor Pilaf
Kate McKinnon - Agent Mai
Seth Rogen - Agent Shu
William Shatner - King Kai
James Franco - Kibito Kai
Eric Idle - Old Kai
James Earl Jones - Shenron
Melissa McCarthy - Seer
Michael Sheen - Whis
James Spader - Beerus
I actually kind of like these two, and think that they are somewhat fitting.
Polyester Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2018   #253
Troodon2
Senior Member
 
Troodon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: troythedinosaur.deviantart.com
Posts: 1,867
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Young Mai - Kristi Li or ViviAnn Yee
Adult Mai - Tania Gunadi or Gwendoline Yeo
Zen-Oh - Sam Lavagnino
Zamazu - AJ Locascio
Gowasu - Keone Young or Greg Baldwin
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018   #254
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 26
Posts: 2,329
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
Young Mai - Kristi Li or ViviAnn Yee
Adult Mai - Tania Gunadi or Gwendoline Yeo
Zen-Oh - Sam Lavagnino
Zamazu - AJ Locascio
Gowasu - Keone Young or Greg Baldwin
>not casting the same VA for both Mai's.

That said AJ Locascio and Greg Baldwin are great choices for Zamasu and Gowasu.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2018   #255
Troodon2
Senior Member
 
Troodon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: troythedinosaur.deviantart.com
Posts: 1,867
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autovolt View Post
>not casting the same VA for both Mai's.

That said AJ Locascio and Greg Baldwin are great choices for Zamasu and Gowasu.
Thanks, who would you cast for Kid and/or Adult Mai?
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018   #256
Autovolt
Senior Member
 
Autovolt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Ottawa
Age: 26
Posts: 2,329
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
Thanks, who would you cast for Kid and/or Adult Mai?
Stephanie Sheh maybe?
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2018   #257
The Doctor
Member
 
The Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Finland
Posts: 618
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
I have been playing Xenoverse the past week and it has gotten me into serious Dragon Ball mood. So, to celebrate that mood, here is my dream cast for L.A. based Dragon Ball dub.

Roger Craig Smith - Son Goku (Adult)
Zach Callison - Son Goku (Kid) & Son Gohan (Kid)
Josh Keaton - Son Gohan
Tara Strong - Son Goten
Keith Szarabajka - Vegeta
Elizabeth Daily - Trunks (Kid)
Will Friedle - Future Trunks
Anthony Ruivivar - Piccolo, Kami and Demon King Piccolo
Jess Harnell - Krillin
Sean Astin - Yamcha
Loren Lester - Tien Shinhan
Kath Soucie - Chiaotzu

Colleen O'Shaughnessey - Bulma Brief
April Stewart - Chi-Chi
Brian George - Master Roshi
Greg Ellis - Yajirobe
Jim Meskimen - Korin
Clancy Brown - Mr. Satan
Mae Whitman - Videl
Jim Cummings - King Kai
Kirk Thornton - Supreme Kai
J.G. Hertzler - Kibito
Joe Alaskey - Old Supreme Kai
Tom Kane - Guru
James C. Mathis III - Nail
Yuri Lowenthal - Dende
Dwight Schultz - Shrenron
Jonathan Adams - Porunga

Kevin Michael Richardson - Mr. Popo
Kristen Wiig - Launch
Jeff Bergman - Oolong
Cree Summer - Puar
Fred Tatasciore - King Yemma
Bob Glouberman - Ox-King
Brent Spiner - Dr. Brief
Grey DeLisle - Ms. Brief
Tress MacNeille - Fortuneteller Baba
Greg Baldwin - Grandpa Gohan
Brad Garrett - Eighter/Android 8
Cam Clarke - World Martial Arts Tournament Announcer

Corey Burton - Emperor Pilaf
Kari Wahlgren - Agent Mai
Rob Paulsen - Agent Shu
James Patrick Stuart - Commander Red
Phill LaMarr - Staff Officer Black
John DiMaggio - General Blue
Jason Spisak - General White
Eric Bauza - Ninja Murasaki
Steve Blum - Mercenary Tao
James Sie - Master Shen the Crane Hermit

Liam O'Brien - Frieza
Robin Atkin Downes - Captain Ginyu
J. B. Blanc - Jeice
Stephen Stanton - Burter
Patrick Warburton - Recoome
Tom Kenny - Guldo
Jeff Bennett - Zarbon
Diedrich Bader - Dodoria
Carlos Alazraqui - Raditz
Bob Joles - Nappa
Lance Henriksen - King Cold

Mark Rolston - Perfect Cell
Michael Dorn - Semi-Perfect Cell
Charlie Adler - Imperfect Cell
Malcolm McDowell - Dr. Gero/Android 20
Roger Rose - Android 19
Tricia Helfer - Android 18
Scott Menville - Android 17
Daran Norris - Android 16

Nolan North - Majin Buu
Crispin Freeman - Super Buu
Dee Bradley Baker - Kid Buu
Dan Castellaneta - Babidi
Michael T. Weiss - Dabura
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Doctor View Post
When Xenoverse came out, I did my dream cast for LA based dub of the original Dragon Ball story, and now that Xenoverse 2 has been out some time, I though it would be fun to do the recent additions to the story.

Robin Atkin Downes - Beerus
John Paul Karliak - Whis
Eric Bauza - Champa
Kari Wahlgren - Vados
Ashly Burch - Seer
Fred Tatasciore or Dwight Schultz - Gowasu
Phil Proctor - Galactic King
Lauren Tom - Zen-Oh

Jack McBrayer - Jaco the Galactic Patrolman
Tom Kenny - Monaka
James Arnold Taylor - Cabba
Jim Cummings - Botamo
David Sobolov - Magetta
Robert Kraft - Hit

Lex Lang - Zamasu
Roger Craig Smith - Goku Black
Liam O'Brien - Frost
Clancy Brown - Sorbet
Troy Baker - Tagoma
Travis Willingham - Sisami
I know that I have been doing these L.A. dub dream cast everytime a new Xenoverse game has come out, but since Super has ended, it feels appropriate to do the last one now.

Please note that I'm only doing all the major players and the ones with most distinctive personalities. Tournament of Power - arc had so many characters that I don't feel like casting all of them.

And here we go!

David Kaye - Jiren
*Travis Willingham - Toppo
Christopher Daniel Barnes - Dyspo
Christopher Corey Smith - Belmod

Janet Varney - Caulifla
Kimberly Brooks - Kale
Chris Cox - Saonel
David Boat - Pirina

Danica McKellar - Brianne/Ribrianne
Stephanie Sheh - Sanka Ku/Kakunsa
Kim Mai Guest - Su Roas/Rozie
Iona Morris - Heles

James Horan - Dr. Paparoni

A. J. Buckley - Quitela

Gregg Berger - Bergamo
Matthew Yang King - Basil
Quinton Flynn - Lavender
Bob Joles - Sidra

*Side-note: in the actual Funimation dub, I think Chris Sabat, using his Alex Armstrong voice, should be Toppo.

Last edited by The Doctor; 04-13-2018 at 05:08 AM.
The Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018   #258
Lion's Edge
Member
 
Lion's Edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Surrey, England
Posts: 386
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

As a brief disclaimer...

I am not going for sport on vocal matches with these listed VAs, to the seiyuu or the Funimation dubs. I am going for actors I feel can encapsulate the character's personality and design best.

Kakarot/Son Goku
  • Nolan North (Smokescreen, Transformers: Prime)
  • Michael Rosenbaum (Wally West/Flash, Justice League)
  • Roger Craig Smith (Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Generations)
  • Eric Bauza (Barry Allen/Flash, DC Super Friends)
  • Jason Griffith (Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight)
  • Michael Sinterniklaas (Guy Shishioh, The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar)
  • Richard Cansino (Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin)*
  • Quinton Flynn (Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance)
  • Yuri Lowenthal (Simon the Digger, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
  • Cam Clarke (Simba, The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa)

Vegeta
  • Liam O'Brien (Asura, Asura's Wrath)
  • Steve Blum (James "Logan" Howlett/Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men)
  • Troy Baker (Sublime, Marvel Anime: X-Men)
  • Brian Bloom (Hyperion, Avengers Assemble)
  • Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
  • Scottie Ray (Zane Truesdale/Hell Kaiser Zane, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
  • David Hayter (Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty)
  • Diedrich Bader (Warp Darkmatter, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)
  • Nolan North (Raphael/Nightwatchr, TMNT)
  • Marc Diraison (Guts, Berserk: The Golden Age Arc)

Piccolo
  • Dan Green (Tetsu Trudge, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
  • Kevin Conroy (Bruce Wayne/Batman, Justice League)
  • Steve Blum (Grunt, Mass Effect 2)
  • Kevin Michael Richardson (Bulkhead, Transformers: Prime)
  • Phil LaMarr (John Stewart/Green Lantern, Justice League)
  • David Sobolov (Depth Charge, Transformers: Beast Wars)
  • Jonathan Adams (Carl "Crusher" Creed/Absorbing Man, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.)
  • Travis Willingham (Lon'qu, Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Rick D. Wasserman (The Hulk, Planet Hulk)
  • Fred Tatasciore (Magnus, Kid Icarus: Uprising)

*...I know... I felt uncomfortable bringing it up myself, but the Kenshin performance of Cansino itself is still a good one and I felt it'd potentially fit really well with Goku.
Lion's Edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018   #259
Troodon2
Senior Member
 
Troodon2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: troythedinosaur.deviantart.com
Posts: 1,867
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lion's Edge View Post
As a brief disclaimer...

I am not going for sport on vocal matches with these listed VAs, to the seiyuu or the Funimation dubs. I am going for actors I feel can encapsulate the character's personality and design best.

Kakarot/Son Goku
  • Nolan North (Smokescreen, Transformers: Prime)
  • Michael Rosenbaum (Wally West/Flash, Justice League)
  • Roger Craig Smith (Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Generations)
  • Eric Bauza (Barry Allen/Flash, DC Super Friends)
  • Jason Griffith (Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic and the Black Knight)
  • Michael Sinterniklaas (Guy Shishioh, The King of Braves: GaoGaiGar)
  • Richard Cansino (Kenshin Himura, Rurouni Kenshin)*
  • Quinton Flynn (Peter Parker/Spider-Man, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance)
  • Yuri Lowenthal (Simon the Digger, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann)
  • Cam Clarke (Simba, The Lion King's Timon & Pumbaa)


Vegeta
  • Liam O'Brien (Asura, Asura's Wrath)
  • Steve Blum (James "Logan" Howlett/Wolverine, Wolverine and the X-Men)
  • Troy Baker (Sublime, Marvel Anime: X-Men)
  • Brian Bloom (Hyperion, Avengers Assemble)
  • Patrick Seitz (Ragna the Bloodedge, BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger)
  • Scottie Ray (Zane Truesdale/Hell Kaiser Zane, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX)
  • David Hayter (Solid Snake, Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty)
  • Diedrich Bader (Warp Darkmatter, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)
  • Nolan North (Raphael/Nightwatchr, TMNT)
  • Marc Diraison (Guts, Berserk: The Golden Age Arc)

Piccolo
  • Dan Green (Tetsu Trudge, Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's)
  • Kevin Conroy (Bruce Wayne/Batman, Justice League)
  • Steve Blum (Grunt, Mass Effect 2)
  • Kevin Michael Richardson (Bulkhead, Transformers: Prime)
  • Phil LaMarr (John Stewart/Green Lantern, Justice League)
  • David Sobolov (Depth Charge, Transformers: Beast Wars)
  • Jonathan Adams (Carl "Crusher" Creed/Absorbing Man, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H.)
  • Travis Willingham (Lon'qu, Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Rick D. Wasserman (The Hulk, Planet Hulk)
  • Fred Tatasciore (Magnus, Kid Icarus: Uprising)

*...I know... I felt uncomfortable bringing it up myself, but the Kenshin performance of Cansino itself is still a good one and I felt it'd potentially fit really well with Goku.
Faves in bold.

Frieza
  • Mark Hamill
  • John Kassir
  • Charlie Adler
  • Richard Horvitz
  • Tom Kenny
  • Chris Latta (RIP)

King Cold
  • Tim Curry
  • Fred Tatasciore
  • Frank Welker
  • Gregg Berger
  • JB Blanc
  • Tony Jay (RIP)
  • Kevin Michael Richardson
  • Corey Burton
  • Kelssy Grammer

Cell
  • Dee Bradley Baker
  • JB Blanc
  • John Dimaggio
  • Keith Ferguson
  • Doug Lawrence
  • Troy Baker

Lord Beerus
  • JB Blanc
  • Jim Cummings
  • David Kaye
  • Sam Witwer
  • Troy Baker
  • Liam O'Brien
  • Michael Dobson
  • Mark Oliver
  • Mike Pollick
  • Fred Tatasciore

Lord Champa
  • Ken Jeong
  • John Kassir
  • Bob Bergen
  • Keith Ferguson
  • Dee Bradley Baker
  • Robbie Rist
  • Matthew Yang King

Last edited by Troodon2; 04-07-2018 at 07:38 PM.
Troodon2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018   #260
GreenGoblin75
Member
 
GreenGoblin75's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Utapau
Posts: 445
Default Re: Dragon Ball Dream Cast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troodon2 View Post
Faves in bold.

Frieza
  • Mark Hamill
  • John Kassir
  • Charlie Adler
  • Richard Horvitz
  • Tom Kenny
  • Chris Latta (RIP)

King Cold
  • Tim Curry
  • Fred Tatasciore
  • Frank Welker
  • Gregg Berger
  • JB Blanc
  • Tony Jay (RIP)
  • Kevin Michael Richardson
  • Corey Burton
  • Kelssy Grammer

Cell
  • Dee Bradley Baker
  • JB Blanc
  • John Dimaggio
  • Keith Ferguson
  • Doug Lawrence

Lord Beerus
  • JB Blanc
  • Jim Cummings
  • David Kaye
  • Sam Witwer
  • Troy Baker
  • Liam O'Brien
  • Michael Dobson
  • Mark Oliver
  • Mike Pollick
  • Fred Tatasciore

Lord Champa
  • Ken Jeong
  • John Kassir
  • Bob Bergen
  • Keith Ferguson
  • Dee Bradley Baker
  • Robbie Rist
  • Matthew Yang King
Really like Blanc as Cell and Kaye as Beerus. Other faves in bold.
__________________
Quote:
Jason Aaron gave Boba Fett a kryptonite-like weakness to blind people.
GreenGoblin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.