Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 04-27-2013   #1
Der Grapist

Default Exploretalent.com is taking auditions off of this site.

I just found out that exploretalent.com has started posting my auditions on casting call and started hosting them on their site without my permission. They did not even right the proper ages for most of the characters, nor posting the actual audition lines.
Here is the link as proof.
http://www.exploretalent.com/auditio...-92856_1352922

I will give them this, they at least left my email as a way to contact me. Which is also a problem because a site I never registered for has my email address.... I urge those of you with projects to google search for your works to see if this has been done to you or not.

Last edited by Der Grapist; 04-27-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Der Grapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013   #2
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Default Re: Exploretalent.com is taking auditions off of this site.

It's call no shame.
Old 04-27-2013   #3
Der Grapist

You said it. I remember hearing about their misdeeds in the past, and how they charge way too much just for a glorified job posting site, but I did not know they went for outright theft.
Old 04-27-2013   #4
UltimateCharm

Wow. What are you gonna do? What are your options?
How many centuries have I walked this world... caught in the crossfire of human existence? I have walked and walked -- and my eyes have beheld such struggle, such suffering, such unmitigated EVIL... The time will come when I hold the secret in my hands; when I will TRULY KNOW THE SOURCE of humanity's evil... ...and that knowledge will lead me through the Abyss ... to the threshold of GOD. And then the Day of Redemption will arrive-- for this weary world...
UltimateCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #5
Der Grapist

I plan on calling their 800 number tomorrow. While I like the fact that a few members of that site have taken an interest in my project and are emailing me on how to audition, I abhor the fact they poorly copy-pasted my audition packet, left out the audition lines, and cut the part of the description that states HOW my audition process works, just so they can charge people to audition for something that should be free. All without asking me.
Old 04-28-2013   #6
TheVengeanceKnight

I thought this was some spam-vertiser at first. O_O
TheVengeanceKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013   #7
Red524

I saw at least three other casting call projects in the similar projects list, one of which is fully casted...

Last edited by Red524; 04-29-2013 at 04:39 PM.
Red524 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #8
pokemastanumba1

Unhappy External sites that steal from BTVA

Unfortunately, they're not the only ones guilty of stealing content from Behind The Voice Actors.

You may have noticed that wikis, Wikipedia included, use images and link to pages from this site, regardless of whether or not they have their own content to make similar pages for themselves. But even if they don't, outright stealing is pretty much as low as they can go. Even IMDb has been using BTVA-exclusive content to add to their voice actor pages...

I'd try removing all the links and images, but of course, some people put them back in...
Old 04-29-2013   #9
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Default Re: External sites that steal from BTVA

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post
Unfortunately, they're not the only ones guilty of stealing content from Behind The Voice Actors.

You may have noticed that wikis, Wikipedia included, use images and link to pages from this site, regardless of whether or not they have their own content to make similar pages for themselves. But even if they don't, outright stealing is pretty much as low as they can go. Even IMDb has been using BTVA-exclusive content to add to their voice actor pages...

I'd try removing all the links and images, but of course, some people put them back in...
Uhh... isn't the fact that other sites are linking to us (thus providing us with free publicity) a good thing?

About "BTVA-exclusive content". Assuming you're referring to role credits, this is the Internet. We don't own the information we post, even though it's nice to say that we knew something first. Other people are going to pick up the information and then share it. That's how human communication naturally works.

Also, the issue at hand that another website is swiping a person's personal project they created themselves without permission, in addition to hosting his email address without his knowledge. That is kind of a big deal. A few sites using some images or information? As an admin, we don't even consider that a problem at all. And even if it was, it'd be a far more minor (and frankly unavoidable) issue.

Last edited by NCZ; 04-29-2013 at 04:31 PM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #10
Metabad

Oh jeez, so I'm not the only one then.

I was wondering why I was getting so many e-mails from this site over a project that was being hosted on THIS site. At first I thought it was some sort of bot or something since they all have the same automated messages that they send me.

The idea that other people off-site were supposedly interested in this was kinda flattering to me at first, but sort of suspicious at the same time. Now it's just gotten annoying...and now that I know that they've pretty much stolen my project directly from this site it's just...why?

Oh, and them charging money for something that's supposed to be free? Shameful, absolutely shameful.

Last edited by Metabad; 04-29-2013 at 07:35 PM.
Metabad is offline   Reply With Quote