Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > Voice Actors > General Voice Actor Discussion

General Voice Actor Discussion General discussion about the actual people behind the voices should go here.

Old 09-09-2013   #1
cartoonvoice
Banned

Default Best role of Charlie Adler?

Let's play a game! Everyone name their favourite character Charlie Adler voiced, plus a short explanation why!

Last edited by cartoonvoice; 02-19-2015 at 11:27 PM.
cartoonvoice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #2
skeletonking1234
Banned

Default Re: Best role of Charlie Adler?

I'd say either MODOK, Buster Bunny, or Red Guy from Cow and Chicken (I'm sorry charlie just has so many diverse and amazing roles).

MODOK is a fantastically threatening and creepy voice and it works for MODOK fantastically well.

Buster is Charlies most iconic role IMO and it is definitely one of his funniest.

Red Guy I think is Charlies most diverse role, since I never really hear him use this type of voice, and at first I didn't even realize this was the same guy that voiced both Cow and Chicken, and I can usually recognize people almost immediately.
skeletonking1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013   #3
TylerMirage
It's time to oil up

Yeah, this is a tough one since he has so many distinct and enjoyable voices. For me, I'd say his Starscream voice, Cobra Commander and Cow/Chicken voices are my favourite.
TylerMirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #4
CatsTuxedo

I also think his main roles in Cow & Chicken are the big highlight of his voice-acting career. It's amazing how he can voice three different central characters, give them all an individual life of their own so that they all feel like their own characters and yet are all still recognizable as Adler's work. Plus, his voice acting as the Red Guy is simply uproarious.
CatsTuxedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #5
UltimateCharm

Personally, mine is Cobra Commander from G.I. Joe. His performance shows that he can pull off more than just goofy characters and he managed to turn a silly character from the 80s into one of the sinister and scary characters I've seen. That takes range.
How many centuries have I walked this world... caught in the crossfire of human existence? I have walked and walked -- and my eyes have beheld such struggle, such suffering, such unmitigated EVIL... The time will come when I hold the secret in my hands; when I will TRULY KNOW THE SOURCE of humanity's evil... ...and that knowledge will lead me through the Abyss ... to the threshold of GOD. And then the Day of Redemption will arrive-- for this weary world...
UltimateCharm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #6
Autovolt

I like him best as Cobra Commander. Though having recently re-watched a bit of Tiny Toons the other day I forgot how funny he was as Buster Bunny.

Also i cannot forget about Cow, Chicken and The Red Guy.
Autovolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2013   #7
Gatch

Spike in the 80's edition of MLP.

Why:
Well i would class him as the original voice actor for the character, and he did a really good job for a grown man, doing a little baby dragons voice. It was also so retro, so 80's.
Old 09-12-2013   #8
HyperVoiceActing

To be honest, Charlie is so entertaining in all of his performances it's kinda hard to pick which one's the best.

I think if I HAD to choose, it'd be the Red Guy. It's easily the most suave and over the top
HyperVoiceActing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #9
Element Riser

To me, his best role is Buster Bunny, he's really funny and entertaining in the role with a unique voice to top it off.
Element Riser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014   #10
Kiryu2012

I'd have to choose the Red Guy. Whenever I think of Charlie Adler, I think the Red Guy.
Kiryu2012 is offline   Reply With Quote