Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Casting Call

Casting Call Audition for voice acting projects created by members of BTVA. Project owners can manage the entire project from start all the way through to casting.

Old 04-29-2013   #11
Der Grapist

Default Re: Exploretalent.com is taking auditions off of this site.

They ARE real people, it is just that when they click the "audition for this role" button, it automatically sends an email to the person who is casting. I have made sure to inform each of the people who auditioned what was going on, two responded with "Wow, that is crazy that they take other people's cast9ing calls like that" and the rest have remained silent.
Der Grapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #12
Metabad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Grapist View Post
They ARE real people, it is just that when they click the "audition for this role" button, it automatically sends an email to the person who is casting.
I do know that now, it's just that at first with the amount of e-mails I was getting and with the same automated messages at that, my initial reaction was that these were some sort of spam accounts or bots. I clicked on their profiles and learned soon that they were in fact real. Thing is that I've never consistently gotten this massive amount of e-mails outside my junk folder before, so you can probably see why I would think that.

But yeah I was mistaken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Der Grapist View Post
I have made sure to inform each of the people who auditioned what was going on, two responded with "Wow, that is crazy that they take other people's cast9ing calls like that" and the rest have remained silent.
Looks like I'll have to do the same thing.
Metabad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #13
Gatch

Not to mention that the website is very laggy and has loads of pop-ups. No wonder they have over 466,825 likes. " It automatically sends an email to the person who is casting" (Reminds me of a job-site where you send off CV's)

Last edited by Gatch; 04-30-2013 at 05:18 AM.
Gatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #14
Der Grapist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metabad View Post
I do know that now, it's just that at first with the amount of e-mails I was getting and with the same automated messages at that, my initial reaction was that these were some sort of spam accounts or bots. I clicked on their profiles and learned soon that they were in fact real. Thing is that I've never consistently gotten this massive amount of e-mails outside my junk folder before, so you can probably see why I would think that.
Looks like I'll have to do the same thing.
Oh, believe me, I understand. I initially thought the exact same thing, until I Google searched the casting call and found it on that site.
Der Grapist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013   #15
pokemastanumba1

Unhappy Re: External sites that steal from BTVA

If this issue can't be directly resolved, then I guess the Casting Call feature is a bust?
Old 04-29-2013   #16
Foxwolf
Web Admin

Why would you call it a bust? I think it's been pretty successful. The amount of members actively taking part in it has grown consistently since it's launch at the beginning of the year.

And I'm hoping BTVA's interface for managing the project and auditions, being able to listen to others, comments etc. is better than exploretalent.com and the like.

And I'm extremely happy to have seen how supportive and helpful members are when giving feedback to each other. At the end of the day it's the community that matters, then the content. Other sites can rip what they want (coz to be honest there's not much that can be done about it) but they can't steal the community and camaraderie that's been established here.

Last edited by OptimusSolo; 04-29-2013 at 11:07 PM.
Foxwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #17
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxwolf View Post
Why would you call it a bust? I think it's been pretty successful. The amount of members actively taking part in it has grown consistently since it's launch at the beginning of the year.

And I'm hoping BTVA's interface for managing the project and auditions, being able to listen to others, comments etc. is better than exploretalent.com and the like.

And I'm extremely happy to have seen how supportive and helpful members are when giving feedback to each other. At the end of the day it's the community that matters, then the content. Other sites can rip what they want (coz to be honest there's not much that can be done about it) but they can't steal the community and camaraderie that's been established here.
Quoted for truth!
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #18
pokemastanumba1

Exclamation Re: Exploretalent.com is taking auditions off of this site.

I didn't mean that the Casting Call feature is unsuccessful. It's actually the very opposite, considering how active and involved all the members are in every project and each individual character role.

The obvious issue is that it's not completely foolproof. Same goes with external linking. It's nice that people want to share this site, but taking images, clips and such without properly crediting the ones who originally submitted them isn't the right way to go about it. Personal e-mail addresses in particular is something that you really don't want to get around.
Old 04-30-2013   #19
NCZ
Hah?What are You a Joker?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokemastanumba1 View Post
The obvious issue is that it's not completely foolproof. Same goes with external linking. It's nice that people want to share this site, but taking images, clips and such without properly crediting the ones who originally submitted them isn't the right way to go about it. Personal e-mail addresses in particular is something that you really don't want to get around.
Welcome to the Internet. Enjoy your stay.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013   #20
Foxwolf
Web Admin

At the very least I'll update it so that contact details are hidden except for those who are logged in or have submitted an audition.

As NCZ has already pointed out, doesn't matter who originally submitted the content (in this case images and clips). We don't own that content. The studios and creators etc do, so BTVA has no right in claiming credit for any of it.