Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > The Art of Voice Acting > Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training

Voice Acting Tips, Demos / Samples, and Training A place for aspiring voice over talents to exchange tips and ideas, share stories, post demo and recording samples, and other training sources.

Old 01-17-2015   #1
a.j.prongs

Default Fandubbing Software?

I've wanted to do fandubs for a while, but I'm struggling to get started because I don't know what programs to use. Does anyone have suggestions? Keep in mind, I'm young and kind of broke.

What I've tried so far: Windows Movie Maker is hard to work with because it doesn't seem to allow mp4 videos, and that's how I usually have to download them if I want to keep the resolution higher. AVS works a little better, but I can't pay for the full version yet and having a watermark smackdab in the center of the video kind of defeats the purpose. Plus, both of these programs have the annoying habit of not letting me trim the audio or narration, and if I try to record in the programs themselves, my narration gets out of sync with the audio.

Are there other effective, inexpensive options? Or do I just have to bite the bullet and spend a little money on an editing program?
a.j.prongs is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fandub