Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > TV / Movie / Game Central > Game Discussion

Game Discussion Chat about video games from old school classics to the latest and upcoming releases.

Old 06-08-2019   #1
Scrappy-Fan92

Default E3 2019

It's that time of the year again, and we have numerous companies with conferences/presentations:

-Bethesda
-Devolver Digital
-EA (Well they have livestreams at least)
-Microsoft
-Nintendo
-PC Gaming
-Square-Enix
-Ubisoft
-Upload VR Show

A link to a timetable for most of the shows: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6N1EGXVUAAMIMG.png:large
Scrappy-Fan92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019   #2
Fulgore2005

Post Re: E3 2019

It's strange that Sony won't be present this year. Still, I look forward to what the likes of Microsoft, Bethesda and Nintendo have to offer.

Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2019   #3
Scrappy-Fan92

Default Re: E3 2019

Yes, I'm definitely feeling Sony's absence this year. Square Enix has their usual 9 PM EST spot, so here's hoping they'll provide the nighttime surprises this time around.
Old 06-08-2019   #4
Fulgore2005

Post Re: E3 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrappy-Fan92 View Post
Yes, I'm definitely feeling Sony's absence this year. Square Enix has their usual 9 PM EST spot, so here's hoping they'll provide the nighttime surprises this time around.
Yep. Square Enix has nice surprises each time they have the spotlight.

Fulgore2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019   #5
NCZ
Croissants

You can really tell that most devs have packed up and are ready to move onto next-gen (almost everything awesome is for 2020!), but there've still been a couple amazing highlights.

Tales of Arise, Ghostwire Tokyo (gimme gameplay), Spiritfarer, PSO2 BEING LOCALIZED, FFVII REMAKE IS OUT IN MARCH, Way to the Woods, and Cyberpunk all look sweet.

Square Enix's show is going to be the one to watch. Aside from FF7R, there's a lot they could show and the fact that it's mostly a blank slate of possibilities is exciting. Nintendo's should be fun, but we already know 90% of what they've got this year. Still, more AC (Astral Chain AND Animal Crossing!), Link's Awakening, Smash DLC, and Bayonetta 3 plus a few more surprises would be solid.

Last edited by NCZ; 06-10-2019 at 09:13 AM.
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019   #6
Scrappy-Fan92

Final Fantasy VII's remake('s first part) is out in March? Color me surprised. I thought Microsoft's show was decent, but I am surprised at the complete lack of Rare (not even an update for Sea of Thieves). Hoping Ubisoft, Square Enix, and Nintendo bring the goods.
Old 06-10-2019   #7
NCZ
Croissants

SE, you did the impossible, you got me excited for an Avengers game! VIIR continues to look fantastic, so do Oninaki, DQXIS, and DQ Builders 2! The Last Remnant Switch and FFVIII Remaster are awesome surprises too. Only downside is no Babylon's Fall or Nier 3 but I guess the latter is waiting for next gen. Still, easily the best show of E3 so far.
Old 06-11-2019   #8
BlueHeracross

Can't say I really liked Square's E3 all too much.

Final Fantasy Vii looked amazing. I had zero faith in Square but it looks like they've proved me wrong, shame about all of those recasts though. A lot of people were looking forward to that Avengers game so that was there.

Everything in between though was just boring, tons of remasters and updated ports with no amazing surprises and no Babylon's Fall. Hopefully Nintendo delivers on the surprises (they wont) otherwise this'll be one of the most disappointing E3s yet for me.
BlueHeracross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2019   #9
NCZ
Croissants

The lack of gameplay is probably the real problem with E3 so far. Being interested in an Avengers AAA game is way more than I ever thought I'd be, so it's a shame we couldn't get a proper look at it. Cyberpunk and Ghostwire suffered from that too, though the latter is probably a lot less ready.

The writing has kind of been on the wall that this is going to be a transitional year as everyone gets ready for next gen so I'm not surprised by the lack of 2019 announcements or Sony bailing (it was obvious they were winding down on the gen once E3 2017 was basically a repeat of E3 2016 with SOTC and MHW). They really should've saved TLOU2 and Ghost of Tsushima for E3 last year reveals.
Old 06-11-2019   #10
BlueHeracross

Now Ninty had a good show, lots of gameplay shown off at a great pace. Could’ve gone for a couple more surprises, but the Direct was already packed and we got BotW 2 so I’m pretty happy.

DQ heroes and BK for Smash are great picks. I was grinning like a mad man throughout the whole Banjo reveal. Confirmation of the FE leaks and that the whole game won’t be at the high school is nice. Daemon x Machina and Astral Chain appeal to me and have solidified release dates. No Nore Heroes III is here, SD3 remake as well as the collection, LM3 looks pretty fun too. BotW sequel looks like it’ll add underground areas.

There are a few things missing though, what happened to Town, SMTV, and what was Retro working on before Prime 4?

Not the greatest E3 ever, but this ended things on a positive note.

Last edited by BlueHeracross; 06-11-2019 at 11:20 AM.
BlueHeracross is offline   Reply With Quote