Go Back   Behind The Voice Actors > General Topics > General Chat

General Chat Introduce yourself or just talk about something not related to our site topics here.

Old 01-03-2011   #31
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Brand-new on here, I basically wished to say hiya

nice to have you onboard AdventureDog.
Old 01-04-2011   #32
mikesharpiez

Default hey everyone, im new here just saying what's up

Hey everyone I'm new here, I'm just making my newbie intro thread like I see so many people seem to do. I'm kind of new to all the online jive so it's sort of a monkey see monkey do there at this point hehe.
Old 01-04-2011   #33
NCZ
Croissants

Default Re: hey everyone, im new here just saying what's up

Welcome Mike. Glad to have you in the forums, and we hope you enjoy checking around the cool things the site has to offer.

Also, this appears to be the 1000th thread made here. So, congrats for that!
NCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #34
tomi

Default Re: Little bit about me

How can i log myself out of the forum permanetely?
Old 01-23-2011   #35
OptimusSolo
Banned

I can delete your account no problem Tomi. Do you mind me asking why you are wanting it deleted so we can make improvements so others don't feel the same way
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011   #36
tomi

I want it to deleted because of two things:

1: i cant stand this forum,s problems: when i try to ussually write and upload something, it prevents me from doing so: it states that i havent log in, evewnthough i haved.

2: i have given up looking for social communication. I have been having so few any kind of relationships, even fewer friendships, and even those very few have failed. I am tired of failing all the time, and i have no choice to be alone.
I guess it is my fate to remain forever alone.

hopefully no one bothers, it,s nothing personal.
Old 01-23-2011   #37
OptimusSolo
Banned

Nope not a problem. Good luck with everything
OptimusSolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #38
Wind_Whistler

Default Belated introductory thread

So yeah, I've been around a little while, helping out with various things. I kinda figured it's about time I say hello to the community at large...hello!

Note my bio, please. I don't make sense and am best taken in small doses.

My name's Cathy or Cat if you prefer. But Wind Whistler works just fine. Yes, when I'm not a pony I rather enjoy joking about actually being a cat, leaping into the arms of people I like and clawing out the eyes of those that offend me. :p You've been warned. I'll figure out the pony equivalent in due course.

Why Wind Whistler? Because I'm a nerd. And it's one of those eternal questions, isn't it? What would it be like if Mr. Spock was a little blue pony with wings? The world needed to know...

Well, I've been a fan of voice acting all my life, even if I didn't know it until recently. I always did particularly appreciate the voices in any program I watched, even if it was live action, I often tend to focus in on listening to how people speak a bit more than watching how they act. I really didn't know anything about it until a few years back, though, when I finally started looking up this stuff online.

I'm into a fair bit of Anime, for the most part (but I'm not a huge expert or anything, pretty much anyone else at an Anime con is going to pwn me :p), and western animation from the mid-90s back, pretty much. Very few shows from the last, say, 15 years. I guess I just like what I grew up on. XD Also, in general I'm just a fan of "old stuff" and looking at things from a historical perspective.

Favorite Anime: Haibane-Renmei (BTVA does not has it. I has a sad. )
Others I like include Someday's Dreamers, Record of Lodoss War (the original 1990 13 episode series that apparently was an OVA, not Chronicles of the Heroic Knight...I'm noticing a disturbing trend to treat them as the same thing, including here...there's even gonna be a box set with both series, what the heck? x_X), Wolf's Rain, Fate/Stay Night, Stellvia, and most any movies by Miyazaki or Satoshi Kon. (Kind of a given I guess)
Oh, and my own preference is for subbed, but let's not go starting any wars about that...>.>;

Favorite normal cartoon: Batman TAS
...then Gargoyles
...then most likely TMNT though Transformers is giving it a run for its money
...and somewhere close after those is Real Ghostbusters and My Little Pony, maybe throw Teen Titans in there for variety.
I haven't thought any further than that, and those are hardly set in stone. Have the feeling I've forgotten something important. XD Oh, and I'm never quite sure where to put the classic WB/MGM and Disney shorts, one of those might conceivably even be #1...

Right! So! I think I've babbled about myself quite enough for you to get the idea. My interests outside of voice acting related topics are horses, reading/writing, and fantasy (would love to be a writer of such someday), particularly Tolkien. I'm a Nit-Picking Weenie (as opposed to a Film Adaptation Defender or FAD:p, old jokes from another forum, sorry) to the bitter end on any Tolkien-related movie ever made. XDDD Although I still profess FotR to be my favorite movie of all time. 'Tis awesome. ^^ I just wish to God they hadn't utterly butchered Elrond (and by the same token Aragorn). >_<

In general I just love to be helpful and think BTVA is the best thing since sliced bread...well, all right, since the internet? XD So any folks who post looking for info of any kind, don't be surprised if I pop up.

Oh, and I have no aspirations of becoming a voice actor myself, seeing as one of the few times I heard my own voice recorded I turned out to be one of those people that has an intense, knee-jerk reaction of hatred to the sound. But I sure do admire practitioners of this art. I think it's great the way this site has stuff to help out aspiring VA's. ^_^
Wind_Whistler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #39
Jackson_H
Administrator

Default Re: Belated introductory thread

Nice to meet you.

As for merged shows, etc we plan to divide many of our titles up and it's one of our ongoing (and exhausting) projects.

So yeah anything you see that should technically be separated will be someday.
Jackson_H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011   #40
Foxwolf
Administrator

Default Re: Belated introductory thread

Great to finally get to know more about you outside of all your always helpful posts.

I'm not a huge anime fan either though I enjoy a handful of series (Evangelion is my overall fave) but agree that Gargoyles and Batman are fantastic works of art.

I'm not much of a reader but I did read the LOTR novels prior to watching the live action movies (which did not ruin the movies at all for me) and loved them. I can't recall exact details, so I'm not sure what you meant when you said they butchered Elrond and Aragorn.

The quality of your help is a blessing, and your personality that is plastered all over your posts is again, always a great read. We hope you find a home here at BTVA, you're a joy to have around.

Tags
advice, anime, assistance needed, audition, avengers emh, bad english, british, english, enthusiasm, french, friendly, girl, graphic design, hello there, horror movie director, introduction, introductions, jeff bennett, joe winko, kazutoification, let's dub, london, nerd, new member, new user, newbie, noob, please be nice, pokemon, presentation, scooby-doo, shared account, sims 2, skype, snes, voice acting, voice acting actor, voice actor, voice actress, voice training, wii